Where did the AOTC Petition go?

For some reason GeoCities has decided to say that the resource page has "exceeded its bandwidth limits" - and it doesn't seem that big, only 558 KB. I've talked with John via e-mail and suggested that we might have to locate to a different server with a higher bandwidth - I might be able to locate it on Talk City, if they're still not having trouble with their homepages. I might have to reduce the size of the page to accomodate the unused cue only, since we are familiar with the rescored finale cue using the Imperial March that appears on the CD and in the film. That might help.

In the meantime, continue to support the petition - we've gotten over 100 signatures in less than 24 hours! ;)

I've found a temporary solution that should allow everyone to view the resource page. I've reduced the size of the file by removing the rescored music cue, since we are familiar now with the music that ends the film and the CD that uses the Imperial March. The emphasis is placed now on the unused music.

Like I said, this is a temporary solution, but this should help everyone check out the resource page again until we are able to find a webpage with a higher bandwidth. Try it out again! ;)

http://www.geocities.com/bill33_39056/TheC...eteEdition.html

Hey, i have seen the movie only once, but the Conveyor's belt scene is THAT bad edited? if not, A bonustrack-film version of it could be cool. And other film versions like the new ending (imperial march) which could go with the film version credits (no anakin-Across-imperial themes at the end)... just for fill the 74-80 min of the two CDs....

I mean i would like ALL the composed music from john williams and film version cues that are good (if they are at all)as alternate cues - bonus tracks

I had to modify the site again because GeoCities was citing "excessive bandwidth" again. For the time being I have had to pull the unused cue music from the resource page until I can find a way to reinstate it. I will keep everyone posted! :)

I just thought I would throw out this free webhosting service. I've never had problems with 'bandwidth exceeded' with hundreds (sometimes thousands) of visits per day.

Anyway, if you feel Geocities is not up to the task, you can try this alternative - and it has not banner pop ups whatsoever. :)

http://www.web1000.com

I'm not promoting this site, just recomending it and I don't get any money for doing so. :)

Williams, Geocities pulls stuff like that when many people visit your site.  I'm pretty sure it does not have to do with the size of the file.

The larger the website, the bigger the traffic. So it has to do with both (file size and number of visitors).

Hey, i have seen the movie only once, but the Conveyor's belt scene is THAT bad edited? if not, A bonustrack-film version of it could be cool. And other film versions like the new ending (imperial march) which could go with the film version credits (no anakin-Across-imperial themes at the end)... just for fill the 74-80 min of the two CDs....

I mean i would like ALL the composed music from john williams and film version cues that are good (if they are at all)as alternate cues - bonus tracks

nobody has an opinion about this?

At least a negative opinion :)

Why not host the thing here? Ricard?

I guess we all wanted to keep it as an independent website. But if they still have bandwith problems, JWFan.net might host the page.

At least a negative opinion :)

You must have missed it, Luke.

Most of the music was dropped in favor of the hideous tracking and looping that most of us here have a problem with. Check out John Takis' score breakdown on the main page. :mrgreen:

At least a negative opinion ;)

You must have missed it, Luke.

Most of the music was dropped in favor of the hideous tracking and looping that most of us here have a problem with. Check out John Takis' score breakdown on the main page. :(

I know, but i mean the battle of naboo in TPM movie is very listenable (for me at least), i'm saying that if it's listenable, it will be cool too. You know sometimes you are looking for a cues in the CD after seeing the movie, and well or it is not there, or it is different... If the made a SE for TPM it would be good to include the two versions of the Battle...

Luke, who maybe sees AOC tomorrow again 8O

All of these petition signers should put together their own cut of AOTC and arrange all of the musical cues to their liking.

Oh wait...then we might have a problem with that pesky little thing called "creative control."

The real problem here is some folks don't like the way Lucas arranged the cues. Uh-huh. And tell me, oh great and mighty would-be filmmakers...what exactly is the CORRECT arrangment of these cues?

I'm sure everybody has a different answer to that one. Something about too many cooks spoiling something-or-another.... :roll:

Would you like some cheese with your whine? :mrgreen:

-DS

well i saw AOTC again today, and guess something? They have to release the williamd 2CDs version. AND and isolated score in the DVD. I like, chase on coruscant and conveyors belt (yoda theme is the same use as in ESB, it works). And well TPM music fits the scenes, but well i would prefer Williams rescoreing all six movies for DVD.