Raiders of the Lost Ark "Unused music" cue

John McClane

For the ones that have this "Unused music" cue...did you know that this is actually used in the movie?!?

Try playing the movie for about 7 minutes and 50 seconds, this cue is placed when the Idol's Temple starts to destroying after Indy takes the Idol...who's that stupid that called this "Unused"?!? Did he/she ever seen the movie? But I think in my full soundtrack I will put this at the end as a "bonus track", because there is a slighty different version of this in the "In the Idol's Temple" track (track 3 on the OST CD - about 3m55s) and this is the real film version.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct, that short 9 second insert is in the movie. If you have the right editing tools, it's easy to cut that into the proper cue.

Neil

Yes, but we already have a slighty different version of it in the "In the Idol's Temple" track, so as I said, I will put this at ther end as a bonus cue

Which album assembly, you mean the original soundtrack? If you mean OST you can find a slighty different version of this in the "In the Idol's Temple" track (track 3 on the OST CD - about 3m55s).

The 1995 DCC re-issue of Raiders of the Lost Ark was the first album to release the nearly complete "In the Idol's Temple". The original album from 1981 had part of this cue cut into "The Well of the Souls". But anyway, I say "nearly complete" because this 9 second insert you are talking about should not have been left off of the DCC album. It was written for that scene and it is in the movie and it is easy enough to cut into the music, so I maintain that the DCC assembly is flawed at this point. It's still a great album and I'm not going to go nuts over this point.

Neil