Minority Report - great score, DREADFUL MIX!!!!!

Simon R.

OK that's it. Shawn Murphy should retire. There is so much noise on this album. And it's COMING and GOING. Suddenly you can hear a huge noiselevel fade up... Then at some points it either vanishes at once, or fades down again.. THen up again etc. This sounds like some 60's tapes that have been dug up, not a recording from 2002.

Examples:

Track #3 - huge noiselevel throughout, but at 1:05 it gains to a very loud level. Then fades out at 1:16 - seems to go with the electronic deep bass sounds. 1:50-2:05 - weird noise - sounds really really analogue tape like. Fades out after that, a fade of around 5 secs.

Track #4 - Noise comes in all of the sudden at 1:04. Fades out at 3:02.

I have yet to finish listening to this score which has already impressed me with its complexity and suspense, but the engineering on this is totally unacceptable. Mr. Williams, please assign SIMON RHODES next time around! Apparently Murphy can't hear anything from 2khz and up.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, that almost sounds like the poor man is going deaf...how cruel would that be.

Judging from his albums, Murphy's been going deaf for years. Except for the occasional highlight, like the Williams/Yo-Yo Ma album.

Marian - who hasn't yet heard MR.

:mrgreen: "Mazda" concerto (Michael Nyman)

Hmmm, that almost sounds like the poor man is going deaf...how cruel would that be.

Judging from his albums, Murphy's been going deaf for years. Except for the occasional highlight, like the Williams/Yo-Yo Ma album.

Marian - who hasn't yet heard MR.

:) "Mazda" concerto (Michael Nyman)

If he IS going deaf, it's really quite a shame everybody is now on his case. Did excellent things apparantly and is now being punished. How cruel, but still understandable though.

My copy sounds wonderful, even "at close range" thru very decent monitor headphones.

WLW :-)

Except for the occasional highlight, like the Williams/Yo-Yo Ma album.

Yeah. Good thing Philips' and Sony's DSD saved him on that one. :(:)

My copy sounds wonderful, even "at close range" thru very decent monitor headphones.

WLW :-)

Your 'copy'. You know, they dont record each CD separately:) It all comes from the same master so all CD's will sound identical. Apparently you're another one of those who can't hear noise. And this in excessive amounts.

Yeah. Good thing Philips' and Sony's DSD saved him on that one.

Look who's talking! :) I was a bit worried about the combination of Murphy and DSD - and the more glad that it worked in the end. :)

Marian - who feels he's being stalked by the Canadian. :mrgreen:

Marian - who feels he's being stalked by the Canadian.  :mrgreen:

Really? Hmmm... maybe scorecentral should be reported to appropriate board authorities. :)