Full Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets trailer is up!

IrishCal24

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate :evil: this Warner Bros official website for Harry Potter !!!

I can never find anything on it !!

Please, can somebody tell me where to find the trailer on the site ?

Looks like Columbus might have taken some of the critisism to heart. The trailer gives the impression that Chamber of secrets goes for a more epic feel. It is more epic story in scope than Socerers Stone, but not as epic as Prisoner of Azkaban, or Goblet of Fire(which is Ben Hur style epic).

The visual of Harry overlooking the ocean with Hedwig, is beautiful.

And if they are really and truely smart I would leave all Quiditch footage and any real footage of Aragog out of any previews.

Yes! Yes! Great trailer!

:)

OMG he looks like Harry but he SOUNDS.... wow he hit puberty!  

Yeah, maybe a little too early; both him and Draco.

By the way, did you all see the new cast members on the main HP page

Gemma Jones (the mom from Bridget Jone`s Diary) is Madam Pomfrey. and Shirley Henderson (jude from BJD) is playing ghostly Moaning myrtle.

uhm.. isnt: myrtle supposed to a school age girl. No offense, but shirley does not look like a school girl.

Yup, and Jason Issacs is playing Lucius Malfoy

They seemed to have picked a lot of famous people in Britain. We`ll probably be seeing Colin Firth, Judi dench, or kate winslet in the next Potter movie soon. :roll: :sarcasm:

WHat's wrong with Colin Firth, Judi Dench or Kate Winslet, or even Colin Farrel! Better than seeing Julia Roberts, Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise in it... Although I wouldn't mind seeing.....

SPOILERS....

....seeing the giant in Goblet "Madame Maxim" played by Angelica Houston... Was it in Goblet? I think so..... That's who I imagined in the role

And what about that batty Professer Trelawney? I always saw Maggie Smith playing her, and now I'm confused......

Mad Eye Moody..... possibly Patrick Stewart?

And Rita Skeeter? completely drawing a blank there...

I thought Angela Lansbury wouldmake a good Madame Trelawney in Azkaban. I also thought of a fat Elizabeth Taylor as Harry's overbearing aunt in that one. There are so many great British actors: Judi Dench, Julie Andrews, Sean Connery, Ian McKellan, Michael Caine, etc. that I'm sure when it's finished the Harry Potter movie series will have amassed the greatest acting talent in a series in movie history.

Patrick as Mad Eye Moody would be my choice since my first choice is dead. Peter Cushing was Mad Eye Moody

tracy ullman would be a perfect Rita Skeeter

SPOILERS continued....

....seeing the giant in Goblet "Madame Maxim" played by Angelica Houston... Was it in Goblet?  I think so.....  That's who I imagined in the role

Wow...I've never thought about that, but she looks *exactly* like I imagined Madame Maxime when reading the book.

Mad Eye Moody..... possibly Patrick Stewart?

Stewart? Interesting. For an exercise at the university, my group had an assistant who looked exactly like I had pictured Moody...

And Rita Skeeter?  completely drawing a blank there...

Miranda Richardson?

Marian - most of whose favourite actors are British.

There are so many great British actors:.... Michael Caine etc.

Now THAT i would like to see.. LOL..

(Cockney accent):

"Harry...you're only supposed to blow the bloody DOORS off....Not a lot of people know that"

Marian,

Oh my God, Miranda Richardson as Reeta Skeeter..... That is such a brilliant bit of casting, I can't believe I didn't think of it.

Angelica Houston is so perfect as madame Maxim, I hope they think about it, especially after seeing her in "Ever After". That's where I got my quote about not speaking unless you can improve upon the silence :)

Angela Landsbury as trelawny, good one Dole!

And Stefan... Maggie Smith is excelent in everything. She just can do no wrong in my eyes. She just has to change her facial features a little and you know exactly what she is thinking, and the delivery of those lines are impecable. She was amazing in "Prime of Miss Jean Brodie" "California Suite" "Evil Under The Sun" to name a few...... Even when she has a bit part she steals scenes! OK, I must remember that this is NOT MSFan.net but JWFan.net :mrgreen:

Oh my God, Miranda Richardson as Reeta Skeeter..... That is such a brilliant bit of casting, I can't believe I didn't think of it.

I suddenly had her voice from Chicken Run in mind...."Put...the ramp...down". :mrgreen:

Maggie Smith is excelent in everything.

Marian - who's always impressed by Maggie Smith.

There are so many great British actors:.... Michael Caine etc.

Now THAT i would like to see.. LOL..

(Cockney accent):

"Harry...you're only supposed to blow the bloody DOORS off....Not a lot of people know that"

You don't think he's a great actor?

He is wonderful, I mean just watch him in Jaws 4, the Revenge. He transforms what could have been an awful picture, and turned it into a true gem. His interation with Lorraine Gary, is wonderful. The two created a nice screen presence.

Joe. who thinks Caine was good in a few other films too.

Hi Joe,

God no....He's a classic actor....a legend.

I would just find it funny seeing him in something like Harry Potter. :mrgreen:

Here in the U.K we're used to his cockney tough boy roles such as "The Italian Job" or Alfie.

There is a running joke here with all his one liners "Hello....my name is Michael Caine"

So dont worry. Its a British thing.....We're often misunderstood...hehehe :cry:

Hey Melange.

If the Cross on your Avatar is black, then I would say that your a Nazi. :mrgreen: What kind of Symbol ist that ?

Oh, and the Trailer is just great. I especially like the impressive view of Harry and Hedwig right at the beginning.

Hi Joe,

God no....He's a classic actor....a legend.

I would just find it funny seeing him in something like Harry Potter. :mrgreen:

Here in the U.K we're used to his cockney tough boy roles such as "The Italian Job" or Alfie.

There is a running joke here with all his one liners "Hello....my name is Michael Caine"

So dont worry. Its a British thing.....We're often misunderstood...hehehe  :cry:

No I figured you liked him, otherwise I would have used a really good film to try to persuade you of his acting abilities.

Joe, who thinks Jaws 4 is a waste of celluloid.

What about Tracey Ulman as Trelawney? For some reason, that's who I imagined when I read the books.

Miranda Richardson as Rita Skeeter is a brilliant casting idea. I'd love to see that

I'd always pictured Sean Connery(as first seen in The Rock) as Moody. He's got that rugged, weathered look and the growling voice the character is described as having in GOF. Though, Christopher Plummer woudn't be a bad second choice.

For another GOF role, Percy's boss Mr. Crouch, I'd cast Derek Jacobi or Max Von Sydow.

Who would you guy's cast as Sirius Black in PoA? One of the webmasters at the Leaky Cauldron suggested Jason Carter, best know for playing Marcus Cole on Babylon 5. I have to agree, and he certainly looks the part. Click here to see photos. He's recently been seen as a sign-wearing doomsayer on a Chevrolet commercial in the US.

How about Hugh Jackman as Sirius Black?

But i've seen that Jason Carter site, he looks the part.

I was just thinking who would play Peter Pettigrew?

I thought Wallace Shawn or Greg Proops would be good choices.

If i remmeber right, Peter was whimpy, weak, and whiny when he's around Voldemort. And Wallace Shawn did a good job as the whiny T-rex in toy Story. And Greg Proops, well, he's got a whiny kinda voice.

Oh, and Michael Caine is playing Austin Power's dad in AP3 goldmember!

i wish i saw ap in the theater, that must have been a riot!

I'm really excited to see who plays Tom riddle.

Melange, you've had 4 avatars already.

I wonder what you are planning on next time. :mrgreen::)

all of your ideas of actors are great! When everyone watched the trailer online: was it blurry and fuzzy sounding for you?

The trailer has not impressed me much. chamber of secrets has been opened? Hogwarts is now not safe? It seems lame.

Ren, I have a dialup that is slow so I let mine load while I was doing something else. It was clear and nearly picture perfect, the voices sounded more adult.

Unlike MORN, I thought it was a terrific preview, I think storywise it has more action and suspense, and a more perilous end.

And Irish Cal, no American actors, they must be British, to keep with the program.

You should read it too.

Reading is fundemental. And fun.

Morn Morn Morn.......

I can't believe you didn't like the trailer, already the effects are 100 times better, the actors look more comfortable in their parts, and it looks plain fun

well i do think that if you don't know the idea of the book the trailer might seem lame. . .but i do think that the "voice" Harry hears - in the trailer they did an EXCELLENT job! Just how i imagined.

Now if I can just somehow get them to cast Angelica Houston for Maxim.....

Ocelot, happebed to catch The VIP's today, the glorified soap opera with Maggie as the worrying & dutyfull Miss Mead , smitten with her boss Rod Taylor.

If it wasn't for Maggie Rutherford i'd say she was the best of an outstanding cast.

Stefancos- who also loved the underrated Evil Under The Sun.

Evil Under the Sun is EXCELENT!!!!!!!! I loved when Maggie was trying to solve everything and kept getting the wrong end of the stick :mrgreen:

I never saw VIP's... I'm going to have to find it!!!