Jaws 2 style

Is the one Don Davis could have used to score JPIII?

I mean, in Jaws 2 williams arranged the shark theme with other instruments (louder and bombastic ones).

I came with the idea for example of the JP theme with percussion a la TLW theme. or better TLW with more typical instruments a la JP theme, because since they are in sorna TLW theme should have been used (and more TLW music too) for example when they enter the island, TLW theme with 'normal' instruments could have been cool.

what do you think about this?

PS: anybody that has the JPIII DVD could be kind enough to rip-off the finale and end credits movie version for me? thnaks :)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you should have said that!

Well, Jaws 2 has a different style than Jaws. The main theme is played loudly and with different instruments. I was asking if Don Davis should have been do the same in JPIII, get williams themes and change instruments (as i said, for example, JP with TLW instruments or viceversa) instead of only looping some notes and arranging it a little.

I wanted your apinion about that, or how do you think it should have been.

:)

PS: i wasn't really sad, just was for dramatization :)

Well I'm not sure. The movies are quite different. I think Williams understood that well and composed completely different music for JP II, compared to JP I.

I haven't seen the third film, but I can assume it was closer to TLW than to JP.

In that case you can expect that the music goes more into action and to get back to the original, yes a mixture of the two previous scores would have been nice I think.

Well, you got your answer. Hope you are not sad anymore :)