Williams "evening at pops" Concert tonight???

ok, can anyone clear this one up?? Tonight (sunday, 7pm, est...) there is supposed to be an "evening at pops" concert on PBS... the guide says it is on, but it is a concert with Harry Connick Jr... damn! I thought it was supposed to be the film works concert featuring the Harry potter suite, etc... Anyone have any info??

Thanks...

John F

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just checked the two PBS stations' websites that I get at my house, and neither of them said anything about a John Williams concert. :|

Hopefully it will be different for others.

~Harry

I might have the "pbs" wrong, but here near the Boston area the concert is being aired on WGBH... I thought the channels would be the same, but it could be an area program...

Hmmm....

John F

anyone know when the next john williams concert will be on pbs? i used to have a tape of this really special one where they had a screen showing clips of the movies during the actual concert, but i can't find it. there must be some way to search pbs's schedule...

anyone know when the next john williams concert will be on pbs?

Just go to the 'Concerts' section under the 'NEWS' menu.

Here's the direct link:

http://www.jwfan.net/modules.php?op=modloa...order=0&thold=0

And here's the full report:

Evening at Pops: July 28 on PBS

Posted on Jun 02, 2002 - 12:32 AM by Ricard

John Williams conducting the Boston Pops Orchestra, featuring music from Harry Potter and A.I.

On July 28, PBS' 'Evening at Pops' will air a special John Williams concert recorded at the Boston Symphony Hall on June 1, featuring selections from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and A.I - Artificial Intelligence among other Williams' works. Guest artists include Josh Groban and Lara Fabian (singing "For Always" from A.I.), and guitarist Christopher Parkening.  

To find your local TV schedule visit the PBS website

(Thanks to 'Brian' for the alert)