The Chronological Film Score Thread

fommes

Isn't The Happening already in chronological order? I've only seen the film once, but just by scanning the track titles, it looks like its in order.

It's just ambient noise followed by more ambient noise anyways. Does it matter? :)

I'd greatly appreciate help with the first three Potter films and Empire of the Sun

Empire of the Sun:

1. Suo Gaun

2. Toy Planes, Home and Hearth

3. Imaginary Air Battle

4. Lost in The Crowd

5. The Return to The City

6. The Streets of Shanghai

7. Jim's New Life

8. The Pheasant Hunt

9. The British Grenadiers

10. Cadillac of the Skies

11. No Road Home/Seeing the Bomb

12. Liberation: Exsulate Justi

13. Exsulate Justi

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Disney's Hercules the other day, which I think was the first time I had seen it since it came out. Anyway, I put the album in order:

1-2-3-14-4-15-5-6-7-16-8-17-18-13-19-9-21-20-10-22-23-24*-12

*Note that I leave out track 11, which is the song "A Star Is Born". Part of the song is the finale of the film (and is also in track 24), and the rest of it is the first part of the end credits. So here you can just edit 24 & 11 together. I forget the exact timing... about a minute in on 11, I think... but it's an easy edit.

I'd greatly appreciate help with the first three Potter films and Empire of the Sun

Empire of the Sun:

1. Suo Gaun

2. Toy Planes, Home and Hearth

3. Imaginary Air Battle

4. Lost in The Crowd

5. The Return to The City

6. The Streets of Shanghai

7. Jim's New Life

8. The Pheasant Hunt

9. The British Grenadiers

10. Cadillac of the Skies

11. No Road Home/Seeing the Bomb

12. Liberation: Exsulate Justi

13. Exsulate Justi

Thanks!

I'm going to assume, then, that "Liberation: Exsulate Justi" is a cue from the film, while "Exsulate Justi" is an album-only concert piece?

they are both on the soundtrack, but Liberati: Exsulate Justi is a 1 minute 50 second cue (Exulate comes in at the end) while Exsulate Justi is the concert piece used in the end credits.

I need some help fitting the songs into the expanded Mulan score. Anyone please?

My Mulan playlist:

All tracks from Oscar promo unless noted otherwise (songs are in bold):

* from score-only bootleg

** from OST

1. Main Titles *

2. Attack at the Wall

3. Preparation

4. Honor to Us All

5. The Matchmaker (alternate) *

6. Reflection

7. Blossoms

8. Short Hair

9. One Chance

10. The Master Plan

11. Shan Yu

12. Shoulders Back

13. Ping

14. The Real Work

15. Morning Assembly

16. Man Out of You

17. Deserted Village

18. Bogus Letter

19. Letter Delivered

20. A Girl Worth Fighting For

21. The Doll Survives

22. Save the Cannons

23. The Huns Attack

24. Avalanche

25. What's Wrong with Ping

26. Truth All Around

27. Imperial Palace (source)

28. The Imperial Palace

29. Sword Snatcher

30. Boo

31. A Lucky Bug

32. Grattitude

33. The Pendant

34. The Sword

35. True to Your Heart

36. Reflection (End Credit)

37. The Matchmaker

38. Dishonor *

39. Mulan's Decision (Short Hair) *

40. Short Hair (alternate #2) *

41. One Chance (alternate) *

42. The Master Plan (alternate) *

43. Ping (alternate) *

44. Avalanche (alternate) *

45. A Lucky Bug (alternate) *

46. True to Your Heart (album version) **

47. Suite from "Mulan" **

The version of The Matchmaker on the Oscar promo is actually an alternate. The one labeled alternate on the boot is the film version. I'm not sure where Dishonor from the boot goes, so I put it after the alternate Matchmaker.

The boot also has an alternate for Short Hair in the main body of the score and the film version as alternate #1, which is why it goes from Short Hair to alternate #2 at the end of this playlist.

The Oscar promo also has the film version of True to Your Heart at the end. You can find a different album version on the OST.

• 2 weeks later...
I need some help fitting the songs into the expanded Mulan score. Anyone please?

My Mulan playlist:

All tracks from Oscar promo unless noted otherwise (songs are in bold):

* from score-only bootleg

** from OST

1. Main Titles *

2. Attack at the Wall

3. Preparation

4. Honor to Us All

5. The Matchmaker (alternate) *

6. Reflection

7. Blossoms

8. Short Hair

9. One Chance

10. The Master Plan

11. Shan Yu

12. Shoulders Back

13. Ping

14. The Real Work

15. Morning Assembly

16. Man Out of You

17. Deserted Village

18. Bogus Letter

19. Letter Delivered

20. A Girl Worth Fighting For

21. The Doll Survives

22. Save the Cannons

23. The Huns Attack

24. Avalanche

25. What's Wrong with Ping

26. Truth All Around

27. Imperial Palace (source)

28. The Imperial Palace

29. Sword Snatcher

30. Boo

31. A Lucky Bug

32. Grattitude

33. The Pendant

34. The Sword

35. True to Your Heart

36. Reflection (End Credit)

37. The Matchmaker

38. Dishonor *

39. Mulan's Decision (Short Hair) *

40. Short Hair (alternate #2) *

41. One Chance (alternate) *

42. The Master Plan (alternate) *

43. Ping (alternate) *

44. Avalanche (alternate) *

45. A Lucky Bug (alternate) *

46. True to Your Heart (album version) **

47. Suite from "Mulan" **

The version of The Matchmaker on the Oscar promo is actually an alternate. The one labeled alternate on the boot is the film version. I'm not sure where Dishonor from the boot goes, so I put it after the alternate Matchmaker.

The boot also has an alternate for Short Hair in the main body of the score and the film version as alternate #1, which is why it goes from Short Hair to alternate #2 at the end of this playlist.

The Oscar promo also has the film version of True to Your Heart at the end. You can find a different album version on the OST.

Marc, I am impressed.

From looking at the track listings, I'm pretty positive the the soundtrack for WALL-E is already in chronological order, but I just wanted to make sure. Anyone know about this one?

Anyone know THE DARK KNIGHT? The track names are pretty vague... they're all lines from the movie, and they don't seem to match up.

Anyone know THE DARK KNIGHT? The track names are pretty vague... they're all lines from the movie, and they don't seem to match up.

You're asking what I was about to ask. Just opened my score yesterday after seeing the film for the first time. I've done a lot of custom re-ordering of the Batman Begins soundtrack and have an excellent narrative for it finally after only three years of fiddling. Now I need to do it all over again for TDK. :-D

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with The Dark Knight's ordering is the same that Batman Begins had. Some of the tracks are a compilation of cues from different parts of the film, and the track names have nothing to do with the music (except perhaps "Harvey Two-Face").

Anyway, as spoiler-free as possible, here are some ideas to play with which I will not be able to complete without much studying of the film:

Complete tracks are: Blood on My Hands; A Little Push; I am The Batman; And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad; Agent of Chaos (very nearly complete); Introduce a Little Anarchy; Watch the World Burn.

In order (or what I've worked out so far):

I'm Not a Hero: 0:00-1:40 (straight after the bank scene finishes until the parking lot)

Blood on My Hands: 0:00-2:17 (Gordon meets Dent; and Bruce and Fox at the board meeting)

I'm Not a Hero: 1:40-2:50 (appears twice in the film, this first time is when Bruce talks with Alfred about an "alibi")

I'm Not a Hero: 2:50-6:35 (the Hong-Kong mission)

Aggressive Expansion: 2:00-4:36 (the montage up to Joker crashing the party)

I am The Batman: 0:00-2:00 (Alfred tells Bruce about Burma)

I'm Not a Hero: 1:40-2:50 (second time this appears in the film - the bullet analysis scene, and Reece talks to Fox about R&D)

A Little Push: 0:00-2:43 (Dent and Batman both interrogating people looking for the Joker)

Agent of Chaos: 0:00-4:43 (Batman races to two-fifty 52nd street)

[the Joker music at this point of the track should be 90 seconds not 15 seconds]

Agent of Chaos: 4:43-6:55 (the letter)

And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad: 0:00-2:29 (the scene that starts "Will you be wanting the batpod sir?")

Like a Dog Chasing Cars: 0:00-2:08 (near the end, Batman wants to enter the building before Gordon's men)

Introduce a Little Anarchy: 0:00-3:43 (Gordon's men enter the building and Batman races to the top of it) - straight after this track there's a bit of "A Dark Knight" approximately 9:00-12:00 but I'm still working on that...

Watch the World Burn: 0:00-3:48 (Gordon says that "he's sorry")

A Dark Knight: 0:40-2:27/Aggresive Expansion: 0:17-0:44 these two bits of track should be joined together and are the last bits of music before the end credits appear.

So that's that so far. I'm still trying to work out how "Why So Serious?" breaks down (which is very difficult), though a lot of it appears in the Bank Heist, and the very end should link up with the beginning of "I'm Not a Hero". "Harvey-Two Face" is another tough one to break down because it appears everywhere in the film. The start of "Always a Catch" is when the Joker is shouting "Hit me", but I don't know at what point that ends, and I think it needs to be joined to something else. And then "Like a Dog Chasing Cars" has a lot of music that isn't in the film, and "A Dark Knight" is tough to split when I don't know how the end credits music sounds...

I hope this helps to some degree...

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know the chronological tracklist for IRON MAN or VANTAGE POINT?

I think you and me are the only 2 people on this site to own both these scores.

You can make that 3. I got 'em both as well. :lurk:

Jamesyboy - who thinks Iron Man is a fun score.

I've got Iron Man. I kind of put it in order the day I saw the movie, but I'm not really sure.

Can someone please post the recommended chronological order for Kevin Kiner's new Clone Wars movie score?

Thank you!

1. The Force Unleashed

2. General Kota and the Control Room

3. Infiltrating the Jungle Temple

4. Drexl Raiders

5. Approaching Felucia

6. The Sarlacc Unleashed

7. Maris and the Bull Rancor

8. PROXY and the Skyhook

9. Redemption

10. Juno Eclipse and Finale

11. Ton'yy Rho's Uglehop

Trust me. :P

Perhaps this page comes in handy.

Well hat doesn't help. I was wondering about the chrono list of the score for the new Animated movie Clone Wars, thanks.

Well, it did help me. Thanks fommes.

As for The Clone Wars, if I catch the film again*, I'll probably try to put the score in order.

*If I want to hear anyone's opinions on the film, I'll go into the dedicated thread. Thanks.

Harry Potter was mentioned a while back. Here's 1 and 2 without editing the album tracks. Any critiquing would be appreciated.

The Sorcerer's Stone:

1. Prologue*

2. The Arrival of Baby Harry

3. Visit to the Zoo and Letters from Hogwarts

4. Diagon Alley and The Gringotts Vault

5. Platform Nine-and-Three-Quarters and The Journey to Hogwarts

6. Entry into the Great Hall and The Banquet

7. Mr. Longbottom Flies

8. Hogwarts Forever! and The Moving Stairs

9. The Quidditch Match

10. Christmas at Hogwarts

11. The Invisibility Cloak and The Library Scene

12. The Norwegian Ridgeback and A Change of Season

13. In the Devil's Snare and The Flying Keys

14. The Chess Game

15. The Face of Voldemort

16. Leaving Hogwarts

17. Harry's Wondrous World

18. Hedwig's Theme

*optional since it wasn't used in the film to my knowledge

Also, "Fluffy's Harp" would go before "In The Devil's Snare", but I don't listen to it.

The Chamber Of Secrets:

1. Prologue: Book II And The Escape From The Dursleys

2. Dobby The House Elf

3. Knockturn Alley

4. Gilderoy Lockhart

5. The Flying Car

6. Introducing Colin

7. Cornish Pixies

8. Moaning Myrtle

9. The Dueling Club

10. Fawkes Is Reborn

11. Cakes For Crabbe And Goyle

12. Polyjuice Potion

13. Meeting Tom Riddle

14. Meeting Aragog

15. The Spiders

16. Dueling The Basilisk

17. Reunion Of Friends

18. Harry's Wondrous World

19. Fawkes The Phoenix

20. The Chamber Of Secrets

I'm new to this thread, but just had to vent. I'm sure this is old news to everyone here, but I just started picking up the remastered Bond soundtrack CDs. I made it through Dr No, which is a fun listen, but I'm so frustrated that there is none of the orchestral score on the CD. Looks like none of it survived. I'm especially frustrated because the turrantula scene is one of the best marriages of film and music in the entire Bond canon, and it's not on the CD!!! It's easily Monty Norman's finest minute. Damn!

ALIEN VS PREDATOR: REQUIEM

Excuse me, I just vomited a little....

I visited this thread looking for the same thing....

Wretched film - agreed.

Good score however - waaaaay too good for that film.....

Seriously - anyone know the chronological order? I really couldn't sit through that mess again.....

Thinking about "The Fugitive" lately. It seems to me the tracks as titled on the OST are not in chrono order.

Does this order seem to put them in chrono order?

01 Main Title (3:51)

02 Kimble Dyes His Hair (4:22)

05 Kimble Returns (3:08)

03 Helicopter Chase (4:50)

04 The Storm Drain (4:25)

06 Stairway Chase (2:32)

07 Sykes' Apt. (4:19)

08 Subway Fight (2:26)

09 It's Over (3:40)

10 No Press (4:55)

11 The Fugitive Theme (3:05)

Thanks,

Don

There is some editing required. I don't have exact timings on me, but it should be pretty clear what needs to happen to what cues. If I discover something less obvious, I'll let you know. The order should be something like this:

01. Deliver Us

02. Chariot Race (first part--don't have timings, but it's pretty obvious where it switches to the other cue)

03. The Reprimand

04. Following Tzipporah

05. "All I Ever Wanted"

06. Goodbye Brother

07. "Through Heaven's Eyes"

08. The Burning Bush

09. "Playing With the Big Boys"

10. It is Only the Beginning (I'm not sure if the end if this is supposed to go directly into "Rally" or not, as I haven't been able to find our copy of the movie)

11. Rally

12. The Plagues (I combined these two into "Rally/The Plagues," because they just overlap)

13. Cry (I think there's another cue in this track that needs to be moved, but I'll double check that when I get home)

14. Death of the Firstborn

15. "When You Believe"

16. Red Sea (I combined tracks 14-16)

17. Finale (second part of "Chariot Race"--I'm not 100% sure this is all some form of the finale, and I haven't been able to figure out if the film version is an edit or the original intention for the finale, but it works very nicely, and some of the material seems to be repeated in the film version.)

I didn't even bother with the pop stuff.

Thinking about "The Fugitive" lately. It seems to me the tracks as titled on the OST are not in chrono order.

Does this order seem to put them in chrono order?

01 Main Title (3:51)

02 Kimble Dyes His Hair (4:22)

05 Kimble Returns (3:08)

03 Helicopter Chase (4:50)

04 The Storm Drain (4:25)

06 Stairway Chase (2:32)

07 Sykes' Apt. (4:19)

08 Subway Fight (2:26)

09 It's Over (3:40)

10 No Press (4:55)

11 The Fugitive Theme (3:05)

Thanks,

Don

Yeah, that's the chrono order. I enjoy having the complete score, having to do things like this are annoying.