The Chronological Film Score Thread

fommes

No problem. If you have trouble figuring out where and/or how to make the edits, just let me know.

You know, I just realized I said that I combined tracks 14-16, and I don't know if it was clear or not that I meant the tracks in the above list, not necessarily a direct correspondence to the OST.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all,

Does anyone know if the OST for "Entrapment" is in order?

01. Entrapment

02. Saints And Sinners

03. Fayeth In Fate

04. Bright Moments

05. The Dancing Jars

06. Blackmail

07. Who's Who?

08. Heist Society

09. A Certain Uncertainty

10. La Fleur De La Musique

11. Kuala Lumpur

12. Impossible, But Doable

13. Thieving

14. Wondering Aloud

15. Silent Partner

16. The Empress Mask

17. Millennium Countdown

18. Alive Again

19. Try, Then Trust

20. Thank God

Thanks!

Don

How about EAGLE EYE or ALIEN VS. PREDATOR: REQUIEM? Anyone know? I wish Brian Tyler's scores weren't always so jumbled on CD...

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think anyone's done Incredible Hulk yet, but here's what I figured out from the DVD:

1. The Arctic

2. Main Title

3. Rocinha Favela

4. A Drop of Blood

5. The Flower

6. Ross's Team

7. Mr. Blue

8. Favela Escape

9. That Is the Target

10. It Was Banner

11. Bruce Goes Home

12. Ross and Blonsky

13. Return to Culver University

14. The Lab

15. Bruce Looks for the Data

16. Reunion

17. The Data / The Vial

18. Bruce Can't Stay

19. First Injection

20. Is It Safe?

21. They're Here

22. Give Him Everything You've Got

23. Saved from the Flames

24. Grotto

25. Arrival at the Motel

26. I Can't

27. Bruce Found

28. NYC Cab Ride

29. The Mirror

30. Sterns' Lab

31. Bruce Darted

32. I Want It, I Need It

33. Blonsky Transforms

34. Abomination Alley

35. Bruce Must Do It

36. Harlem Brawl

37. Are They Dead?

38. Hulk Smash

39. Hulk and Betty

40. The Necklace

41. Who's We?

42. End Credits

What kills me is that the whole thing is almost in chronological order, and none of the tracks require editing to rearrange, yet they just mixed around a few select tracks for no apparent reason.

I left "The Arctic" in the beginning even though it doesn't appear in the final cut, since it's the alternate opening and fits in as a good introduction to "Main Title." "Hulk Theme" and "Bruce and Betty" are concert suite-like tracks that don't appear entirely in the movie at once, so I just left them after "End Credits." The only track I couldn't place during my viewing of the film was "A Tear." It's possibly just an unused track, but I couldn't even hear it in the deleted scenes, so if anyone knows, please enlighten me.

Thought I'd add King Kong (2005 - James Newton Howard) because it doesn't seem to have been done. Only some small changes, but the following is the chronological order of tracks:

King Kong

Defeat is Always Momentary

Two Grand

The Venture Departs

A Fateful Meeting

It's in the Subtext

Last Blank Space on the Map

It's Deserted

Something Monstrous...Neither Beast Nor Man

Head Towards the Animals

That's All There is...

Tooth and Claw

Beautiful

Captured

Central Park

The Empire State Building

Beauty Killed the Beast I-V

Concord box set chronological:

Raiders of the Lost Ark

V-1 Raiders March

I-1 In The Jungle

I-2 The Idol Temple

I-3 Escape From The Temple

I-4 Flight From Peru

I-5 Washington Men / Indy's Home

I-6 A Thought For Marion / To Nepal

I-7 The Medallion

I-8 Flight To Cairo

I-9 The Basket Game

I-10 Bad Dates

I-11 The Map Room: Dawn

I-12 Reunion In The Tent / Searching For The Well

I-13 The Well Of The Souls

V-3 Uncovering The Ark

I-14 Indy Rides The Statue

I-15 The Fist Fight / The Flying Wing

I-16 Desert Chase

I-17 Marion's Theme / The Crate

I-18 The German Sub

I-19 Ride To The Nazi Hideout

I-20 Indy Follows The Ark

I-21 The Miracle Of The Ark

I-22 Washington Ending / Raiders March

Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom

II-1 Anything Goes

II-2 Indy Negotiates

II-3 The Nightclub Brawl

II-4 Fast Streets of Shanghai

II-5 Map / Out of Fuel

II-6 Slalom on Mt. Humol

V-4 Indy And The Villagers

II-7 Short Round's Theme

II-8 The Scroll / To Pankot Palace

II-9 Nocturnal Activities

V-5 The Secret Passage

II-10 Bug Tunnel And Death Trap

II-13 The Temple of Doom

II-11 Approaching The Stones

II-12 Children In Chains

II-14 Short Round Escapes

II-15 Saving Willie

II-16 Slave Children's Crusade

II-17 Short Round Helps

II-18 The Mine Car Chase

II-19 Water!

II-20 The Sword Trick

II-21 The Broken Bridge / British Relief

V-12 Return to the Village / Raiders March

II-22 End Credits

Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade

III-1 Indy's Very First Adventure

III-2 The Boat Scene

V-6 Father's Study

III-3 X Marks The Spot

III-4 Ah, Rats!!!

III-5 Escape From Venice

III-6 Journey To Austria

III-7 Father And Son Reunited

V-7 Marcus Is Captured (0:00-0:48)

III-8 The Austrian Way

III-10 Alarm!

III-9 Scherzo For Motorcycle And Orchestra

V-7 To Berlin (0:48-end)

V-8 To The Blimp

III-11 No Ticket

V-9 Blimp Turns Around

III-12 Keeping Up With The Joneses

III-13 Brother Of The Cruciform Sword

V-10 Death Of Kazim

III-15 Belly Of The Steel Beast (0:00-2:24)

III-14 On The Tank

III-15 Belly Of The Steel Beast (2:24-end)

III-16 The Canyon Of The Crescent Moon

III-17 The Penitent Man Will Pass

III-18 The Keeper Of The Grail

V-11 Wrong Choice, Right Choice

III-19 Finale and End Credits

hi

i'm lookingh for Clone Wars Chronological track order

thx a lot ;)

1st try

01 - A Galaxy Divided

02 - Admiral Yularen

03 - Battle of Christophsis

04 - Meet Ahsoka

05 - Ahsoka

06 - the Jedi Council

07 - The Shield

08 - Battle Strategy

09 - Sneaking Under the Shield

10 - Obi-wan's Negotiation

11 - Destroying the Shield

12 - Jabbas Palace

13 - Jabbas Chamber Dance

14 - Landing on Teth

15 - Scaling the Cliff

16 - Bomarr Monastery

17 - Dooku speaks with Jabba

18 - Battle of Teth

19 - Obi-wan to the Rescue

20 - Courtyard Fight

21 - Escape from the Monastery

22 - Rough Landing

23 - Dunes of Tatooine

24 - Ziro's Nightclub Band

25 - Seedy City Swing

26 - Infiltrating Ziro's Lair

27 - Padme Imprisoned

28 - Anakin vs. Dooku

29 - Jedi dont Run

30 - Ziro Surrounded

31 - Fight to the end

32 - End Credits

Does anyone have a film order for the OST of Star Trek V: The Final Frontier? It's strange to not see it listed.

Although I've listened to it so much in its OST form -- and don't often watch the movie -- that I may just keep it in this order for familiarity's sake. I don't know of any expanded score release, either...

1. The Mountain

2. Open The Gates

3. Without Help

4. Free Minds

5. The Barrier

6. A Busy Man

7. An Angry God

8. Let's Get Out of Here

9. Life Is A Dream

The CD is very unbalanced toward the last part of the score, pretty much the whole first half is unreleased.

Any expanded version you do see is probably a DVD rip with SFX.

There are some nice cues from the first half left off, the opening sequence with Sybok, Sybok's entrance to Paradise City, leaving the camp and approaching the Enterprise, the sequence where the Enterprise gets underway with the little comical moment with Kirk's chair and some of the early Klingon scenes.

According to Doug Fake, (at Intrada) who attended one of the scoring sessions for ST:V, Goldsmith had composed a new fanfare/theme for the film but the orchestra had some difficulty performing it and it was ultimately scrapped.

There's also some real nice play with the main theme during Scotty's "put together by monkeys" speech and the scene after. And a great reprise of the "I'll die alone" motif from The Mountain in a little cue between Let's Get Out of Here and the end credits.

I did a DVD rip of this a long time ago, it's fairly SFX heavy and all the in-ship scenes have dialogue echo. You can hear a decent amount of edits too.

Ya it is a shame that a complete or nearly complete score for Star Trek V hasn't leaked. From what I have been told it exists, but it's among the top collectors...so any chance of it leaking maybe very slim.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody have the proper order for the Lilo and Stitch soundtrack and academy promos combined? I'm curious about the same thing for the Brother Bear soundtrack and academy promo.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if Edelman's THE MUMMY 3 score is in order? I'm pretty sure it's not, but I don't have the time to do a track-by-track analysis

This may or may not be correct, but...

6. Main Titles

7. Wonka's First Shop

8. Indian Palace

9. Wheels In Motion

10. Charlie's Birthday Bar (Beginning to notice a pattern here?)

11. The Golden Ticket/ Factory

1. Wonka's Welcome Song

12. Chocolate Explorers

13. Loompa Land

2. Augustus Gloop

14. The Boat Arrives

15. The River Cruise

3. Violet Beauregarde

16. First Candy

4. Veruca Salt

5. Mike Teavee

17. Up and Out

19. Charlie Declines

20. Finale

21. End Credit Suite

I have no idea where Track 18 goes, or if it is even used in the film. It might have been cut for length and/or replaced with music tracked from "Main Titles", but is present on the album as a Bonus Track. I do not know for sure, though. I hope that helps.

I've been listening to Memoirs yesterday here and there and have pretty much settled with

1 - 2 - 3 - 7 - 9 - 4 - 8 - 5 - 12 - 6 - 13 - 11 - 14 - 15 - 17 - 10 - 16 - (8) - 18

the parentheses denote a repeat playing of the Chairman's Waltz as in the beginning of the film credits. Optional.

Well after taking and burning this tracklist, i notice that the garden meeting was after the coming of war - too late in the chronology for my 'mind picture' i had of the Score, since i always, even after seen the movie about twice, assumed that the music was for the actual garden meeting on the baron's house.

So I checked with the DVD and here's my findings. Part of the garden meeting is where you said it was, but fr example, Brush on silk occurs before finding satsu and the roof tops of the hanamachi.

So what i think the correct ofder without cutting would be:

2-1-3-4-7-9-8-5-6-13-10*-11-14-12-17-16-8**-18

*I put the Garden Metting complete here, it makes sense as sayuri and the chairman talk. Even though the ending is Sayuri's arrival to the garden...or am I mistaken and the Garden is the baths they go with the american military?

Anyway, do you think this track is a mix of two cues or just one long cue whose half was tracked in other scene in the movie?

** We got many CDs with double tracks (Saving private Ryan, TPM OST, The Patriot). Why not put this one, Its great music and it plays on its entirety. It even seems the end credits begining was made with this track i mind.

Here the complete OST Breakdown. (I admit i could be wrong)

01 The Journey to the Hanamachi

02 Sayuri's Theme (i think this there is used twice before going to school, the most prominently when chio is cleaning sandals. It could be a different recording...)

03 Going to School

04 Brush on Silk

05 Finding Satsu (last half unused)

06 The Rooftops of the Hanamachi (alternate?)

07 The Chairman's Waltz

08 Chiyo's Prayer

09 Becoming a Geisha

10 A New Name...A New Life (it's missing one middle section, a reprise (different orchestration) of part from 'Becoming a Geisha')

11 Chairman Waltz (0:00-0:50 could be a different recording since the ending does not have violin. I mean, in the OST cue at 0:50 the next rendition is already starting)

12 Destiny's Path (fades - insert from other track - ending. Pumpkin and sayuri talking, hatsumomo ripping the poster. tracked?)

13 The Garden Meeting 1:40-end (The part with Sayuri's theme only, as she arrives to the baron's estate)

14 A New Name, A New Life (last minute or so, could be a different rendition. This is for the part of the chairman and sayuri talking)

15 Dr. Crab's Prize

16 The Fire Scene and the Coming of War

17 As the Water

18 The Garden Meeting 0:00-1:40 (Chairman Waltz part when Sayuri arrives to the DC-2)

19 Destiny's Path (Complete - correct placement as Mameha says Geisha's do not choose their destiny? In the films there are some 'tense' drums oberdubbed)

20 A Dream Discarded (is this a celo solo version of the cue that plays when sayuri throws the chairman napkin (i know those are for wiping the mouth at meals, but I dont remember the english word for a cotton kleenex right now :( ) in the cliffs?. The name is fitting and the theme played is the same. i think.)

21 Confluence

22 The Chairman Waltz

23 Sayuri's Theme And End Credits

Really, i notice a lot of tracking or alternates in this movie, there are not much cues left out, there are some short cues. I think they could have released a comprenhesive 79 min CD with most of the important music.

Has the complete score cuesheet leaked? It could be very interestig to know what is left out and if there is much tracking.

For the SPECIES soundtrack, after checking the DVD, I came with this preliminary list for chronological film order (more or less - as some tracks have sections from different portions of the movie and I had difficulties to identify some tracks in the movie):

(1) Species

(3) Protostar

(13) Worm Hole

(11) Fever's Fever

(8) Bax Max

(18) Angel Hair

(2) A Vibrant Slime

(10) Safe Sex

(5) Fever* (not used in the film - but here it seemed as a good place to include it)

(4) Ring Nebula

(16) Aetherian Universe

(7) Species Feces

(6) Are You Out There Somewhere?

(17) How To Defend Yourself Against Alien Abduction

(12) The Alien Underground

(9) Milky Way Breasts

(14) Son Of Sil

(15) Star Bright

I'd appreciate if someone with a better knowledge of the music in the film can check and confirm this order or indicate a more accurate order.

I dont know why anyone talked about Jaws 2. It's as easy to check as reading the liner notes.

It is:

1, 6, 4, 12, 2, 5, 3, 10, 9, 8, 11, 7, 13, 14

Neil, you can put my jane eyre chronological thread here, so people can found it here...

For "JAWS 2" actually that order indicated in the booklet is not fully correct.

As usual with several Williams soundtracks some tracks merge music from different portions of the movie. The booklet based the order on the names of the tracks, but for tracks like "Toward Cable Junction", for example, the majority of the track comes much earlier in the film.

The correct order requires edditing and would be:

1 (MAIN TITLE), 6 (0:00 to 0:51 THE CATAMARAN RACE), 4 (0:00 to 1:43 THE WATER KITE SEQUENCE), 12 (0:00 to 1:28 ATTACK ON THE WATER SKIER), 10 (0:42 to 1:18 FIRE ABOARD), 7 (1:27 to End "Hendricks Finds a Power Cable"), 2 (THE MENU), 5 (BRODY MISUNDERSTOOD), 6 (0:52 to end "The Sailing Begins"), 3 (BALLET FOR DIVERS), 10 (0:00 to 0:41 "Boats on the Menu"), 10 (1:19 to end "Eddie's Death"), 9 (THE OPEN SEA), 12 (1:29 to end "Attack on the Boats"), 4 (1:44 to end "Mike's Rescue"), 8 (ATTACK ON THE HELICOPTER), 11 (SEAN'S RESCUE), 7 (0:00 to 1:26 TOWARD CABLE JUNCTION), 13 (THE BIG JOLT!), 14 (END TITLE, END CREDITS).

The Clone Wars

second try (99% Ok)

01 - A Galaxy Divided

02 - the Jedi Council

03 - Admiral Yularen

04 - Battle of Christophsis

05 - Meet Ahsoka

06 - The Shield

07 - Battle Strategy

08 - Sneaking Under the Shield

09 - Obi-wan's Negotiation

10 - Destroying the Shield

11 - Jabbas Chamber Dance

12 - Landing on Teth

13 - Jabbas Palace

14 - Battle of Teth

15 - Scaling the Cliff

16 - Bomarr Monastery

17 - Dooku speaks with Jabba

18 - Courtyard Fight

19 - Obi-wan to the Rescue

20 - Escape from the Monastery

21 - Rough Landing

22 - Dunes of Tatooine

23 - Ziro's Nightclub Band

24 - Seedy City Swing

25 - Infiltrating Ziro's Lair

26 - Padme Imprisoned

27 - Anakin vs. Dooku

28 - Jedi dont Run <<<<<

29 - Ziro Surrounded

30 - Fight to the end

31 - End Credits

32 - Ahsoka

I'M NOT SURE OF THE REAL PLACE OF "JEDI DON'T RUN" do you have any idea ?

I am wondering: is "Jaws 2" complete?

I dont know why anyone talked about Jaws 2. It's as easy to check as reading the liner notes.

It is:

1, 6, 4, 12, 2, 5, 3, 10, 9, 8, 11, 7, 13, 14

Neil, you can put my jane eyre chronological thread here, so people can found it here...

For "JAWS 2" actually that order indicated in the booklet is not fully correct.

As usual with several Williams soundtracks some tracks merge music from different portions of the movie. The booklet based the order on the names of the tracks, but for tracks like "Toward Cable Junction", for example, the majority of the track comes much earlier in the film.

The correct order requires edditing and would be:

1 (MAIN TITLE), 6 (0:00 to 0:51 THE CATAMARAN RACE), 4 (0:00 to 1:43 THE WATER KITE SEQUENCE), 12 (0:00 to 1:28 ATTACK ON THE WATER SKIER), 10 (0:42 to 1:18 FIRE ABOARD), 7 (1:27 to End "Hendricks Finds a Power Cable"), 2 (THE MENU), 5 (BRODY MISUNDERSTOOD), 6 (0:52 to end "The Sailing Begins"), 3 (BALLET FOR DIVERS), 10 (0:00 to 0:41 "Boats on the Menu"), 10 (1:19 to end "Eddie's Death"), 9 (THE OPEN SEA), 12 (1:29 to end "Attack on the Boats"), 4 (1:44 to end "Mike's Rescue"), 8 (ATTACK ON THE HELICOPTER), 11 (SEAN'S RESCUE), 7 (0:00 to 1:26 TOWARD CABLE JUNCTION), 13 (THE BIG JOLT!), 14 (END TITLE, END CREDITS).

Unused:

Title

Ghosts!

Ghostbusters!

End Credits

These are all in their proper place, but they were supplanted by several songs in the final film.

Furthermore, the last 30 seconds of Get Her!, everything but the last 35 seconds of both We Got One! and its alternate (the last bit is the same in bot versions).

Ghostbusters Theme, Dana's Theme, Magic and Zool were all recorded especially for the soundtrack album. Only the first two made it onto the original release.

This is all in the liner notes, btw.

Here's my order for The Cowboys:

1. Overture

2. Main Title

3. Alternate Main Title

4. Deserted*

5. The Ranch

6. Crazy Alice

7. Schoolboys Or Cowboys?

8. Learning The Ropes

9. Wild Horses

10. Bedtime Story

11. The Drive

12. Nightfall

13. Rustlers

14. A Sad Day

15. Into The Trap

16. Stealing Back The Heard

17. Summer's Over**

* I couldn't place this anywhere in the film but I think it could be an alternate cue for the scene where Wayne's men desert him for the gold rush and he goes into town?

** Same, perhaps an alternate finale?

I am wondering: is "Jaws 2" complete?

No its missing one important cue and some other short but interesting pieces of music:

The music for the scene in which the shark fin appears approaching Amity (a slow version of the shark theme);

The music for the scene in which Brody looks at the sea after seeing the dead whale (short piece)

The music for the scene in which Brody enters in the water to investigate a piece of wood (this is a very good suspensful cue);

The music for the scene in which the shark photo is revealed (short piece);

The music for the scene after the "Mike's Rescue" when they start to tie the boats togheter after the shark attack and a boat leaves the group to take the injured Mike to land (short piece);

The music for the scene in which the shark attacks Brody's boat (shark theme, almost inaudible - mixed very low in the film)

A section around 1:30 minutes of THE BIG JOLT! was edited out at album;

On the TV version that was a scene with divers finding the camera from the first victims, which was scored with a reprise of the main title but with a dramatic section for the part on which they find the camera.

The main title (film version) has an alternate middle section (but I prefer the album vesion, which is more varied)