'Harry Potter not being Williams' explanation?

Well i came with the Beautiful but surely wrong (at least untill 2006) idea that maybe Williams has left Potter because George Lucas has hired him to rescore Attack of the Clones DVD version....

Luke, Dreaming :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about this too. Maybe if Potter was being done with the London Symphony Orch. (which is just a rumor so far) then he might be able to rescore the battle scenes in TPM and AOTC or possibly he'll do it during the Episode III recording sessions. I just can't imagine him spending time to redo the orginal trilogy as he said he would do while leaving those horrible edits in the prequel battles (edits he hates as well). Here's hoping...

I wish he does rescores some scenes in AOTC, specially the parts where there's TPM music, but the leave the rest of the score as it is, cause I'm very fond of it.

I also want him to rescore the edits in The Empire Strikes Back, where Lucas added those new scenes and threw in some music he thought fit.

Oh, and he needs to add the Emperor's theme to TESB also.

~Harry

That causes the same problem most people have with editing the music in ANH. The Score is done perfectly in TESB. However, for that one scene, it would be neat to hear The Emperors theme.

I agree that the score was done perfectly, but that was the original release. In the special edition, George decided to add scenes when Luke, Leia, Chewie, and Lando are escaping Cloud City. Those new scenes, with Darth Vader walking to his ship outside and arriving on the Death Star, use music not intended by Williams and breaks up the music the way Williams wanted it. Those are the scenes I'm talking about. The ones George added and screwed up the perfect music.

~Harry

That's a good theory Luke. But if it's sounds unlikely that Lucas would care so much about the music that he would change it or redo it. As for the SE, something about it has to be special, right? Even if it is the best soundtrack ever made.

Not to mention the part in the carbon freezing chamber duel!

Plus, I think it would be better to leave the original music in Vader's chat with the Emperor, but add another layer of new music to it, that has the Emperor's theme in it, but not overdone or overpowering.

Hes not doing the whole score of the next Potter because they refused to give him a role as a student at Hogwarts or whatever the hell that damn place is called. :)

That's not what I ment, I ment music about magic :baaa:

With perhaps even.... teaching people how to play it with magic :P

Oh, come on, Morn. That soundtrack-fan-must-be-a-geek myth is so stupid.

In fact, I began talking to my two last girlfriends just BECAUSE they were also Williams' fans. And pretty and popular, too, mind you.

Actually, I took one to see AOTC and in the Tusken Raiders butchery scene, when the Imperial March played in the background, she gave me a wink. It was so cool of her to notice!

-ROSS, bummed because no one will celebrate 7-4 with him in Spain.

That is not what it's about! Girls that like Williams are just very very rare :)

Well, not really.

It depends on how "cute" you sound when talking about him. :)

-ROSS, who doesn't think his cuteness is above the average, anyway

Te only things that girls ever say to me when I bring up Williams is "Who's that?"

Then, when I mention Star Wars, almost all of Speilberg's films, Suoerman, so on and so forth, they say... "OH! Yeah, that's nice!"

My brother took his girlfriend with him and I to see Minority Report and she said she took notice of the music because I brought it up that I collected his music.

Most girls would like it if they tried to follow it, but most don't. As you can see on film score MBs...

you guys are funny! i know another girl that likes JW music, but that's it. I don't think girls that actually KNOW what they are talking about in JW music are found often, I think girls who like the REALLY popular stuff are commom.

*wink*

Well, I do think that Williams will may be do the same thing with the

Star Wars DVDs in 2006, as Howard Shore did with the special extended version of The Lord of The Rings DVD (and he will do with all) :

1)Writing new music for the new/may be deleted scenes

2)Record new music that was written but not recorded

3)Rescore some of the scenes, so the music is fitting better

I really hope that Williams does new music for the Battle of Geonosis, as that would probably be some of the most amazing action music in Williams career. I mean, it`s a shame that one Star Wars film has tracked music, while all the other films has it`s own music.

1- PJ has directed the LOTR trilogy, but since you can only have seen 1 chapter of that you cannot judge about the quality of the other 2.

2-Have you seen Heavenly Creatures and Braindead?

3- :)

Stefancos- who has recieved Minority Report, but has not listened to it yet.

2-Have you seen Heavenly Creatures and Braindead?

Those are not GREAT movies (visually and storycally)as i was refering to.

Surely the other two movies will be similar to FOTR. :wave::)

1-storycally :sarcasm:

2- Braindead is considered a genre classic. Heavenly Creatures is generally considered to be a good and even great little gem of a film.

3-Both are renowned for their amazing visual style.

Stefancos- who is getting the hang of this.

1- since the critical and box office success of FOTR he has become very famous.

2- He is not very profelic YET, there was a time when a guy named Steven Spielberg had only directed a few TV movies.

Stefancos-  :)

1- I'm sure Spielberg was younger when he became famous

2- 8O

3- Stop talking about LOTR in a SW thread :wave:

Luke, wondering WHY everybody has to compare SW with LOTR

1- Age is hardly an issue.

2-  :?:  

3- You brought FOTR in this thread, not me.

And to make sure this message has something to do with Williams.

A Guide For the Married Man SUCKS!!!

1- :wave:

2- 8O

3- ;) I didn't It was Morn's fault :)

4- It HAD to do with Williams

5- What is 'a guide for the married Man sucks'?

3-  8O I didn't It was Morn's fault  :)

He mentioned PJ, you brought LOTR into the discussion

A Guide For The Married Man is a film, scored by Williams, and that score plain sucks. :wave:

Stefancos- watching Penelope, and trying to remember if JW scored it too.

3-  ;) I didn't It was Morn's fault  :)

He mentioned PJ, you brought LOTR into the discussion

A Guide For The Married Man is a film, scored by Williams, and that score plain sucks. 8O

Stefancos- watching Penelope, and trying to remember if JW scored it too.

Hey we were talking about directors not composers. You dare to compare Williams with Shore??? :wave:

Anyways, if FOTR were not Jackson's, Morn would have NEVER said that.

And what about end this senseless thread?? :)