Batman Begins trailer is out

QMM

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steef...you don't have to wait until Monday....

Here's a better link..

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/batman_begins/

I LOVE the trailer....the first thing you hear is....Bale...Bale...Bale...BALE! :-)

He voices over the whole thing....very cool.

Who is scoring Batman Begins??

I think that's the old teaser, actually. ?-Man's isn't working for me. :angry:

If I recall correctly, James Newton-Howard is co-composing along with Hans Zimmer (IMDB only lists JNH, but as co-composer).

- Marc

Yeah, I discovered that was the old teaser. Still fun though. I didn't find anything at ? man's link, there was nothing to click on.

Sounds promising score-wise, JNH has done some great stuff lately. I love The Village. Sensitive yet dramatic.

I'm not quite sure how it came about, but I'm suffering from spectacle fatigue lately. These swiftly cut trailers just don't do anything for me anymore. It looks noisy and pretentious, like a trailer for a Bruckheimer production, riddled with cheap marketing quotes.

It looks like they've just packed this stuff together for the trailer, and I'm going to assume the film's a bit better balanced. I'm not sure I really want to see all that training stuff either, and I must say that up until now I haven't been able to warm up to this film. This trailer did not change anything.

- Marc, :angry:

It looks fine. Nothing spectacular, all those explosions are a bit disheartening, but it could be good.

What I like is that the film looks more "real world" this time. Previous installments were like circuses with clowns and all.

----------------

Alex Cremers

The first two were amazing because of the production design. They created Gotham city. Certainly, they lost the character somewhere in the scenery, but you can't rag the world Burton created. This one may be a (hopefully) much more character driven movie, but no matter how fantastic the movie might be, the world Burton created is one of the most amazing urban worlds I've seen on film.

I'm not quite sure how it came about, but I'm suffering from spectacle fatigue lately. These swiftly cut trailers just don't do anything for me anymore. It looks noisy and pretentious, like a trailer for a Bruckheimer production, riddled with cheap marketing quotes.

It looks like they've just packed this stuff together for the trailer, and I'm going to assume the film's a bit better balanced. I'm not sure I really want to see all that training stuff either, and I must say that up until now I haven't been able to warm up to this film. This trailer did not change anything.

I'm with you. After awhile it all just starts to get numbing.

Neil

The trailer has music composed just for the trailer by Newton-Howard and Zimmer

although I couldnt even tell when I heard it

There wasnt enough music in that to hear anything about it really. I was curious how they came to be partnering on this, but JNH and Zimmer are apparently pretty close friends.

Listen to the JNH interview here.

(Also - the first Zimmer clip there is funny - hes awfully honest lol!)

Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Ba ... Zimmer? Zimmer, you say? This is a bad joke, right? And everything was so perfect! Ah well, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale...

----------------

Alex Cremers

Decent trailer, the usual stuff though.

Not for Batman franchise, it isn't. It's Batman in a more "Earthy" environment.

I hope Neeson will play a better mentor here then he did in TPM.

Neeson did quite alright in TPM, Stefancos. It's Ewan you should complain about. Or do you mean he wasn't a successful mentor, story-wise? Why would you hope that for?

----------------

Alex Cremers

Not for Batman franchise, it isn't. It's Batman in a more "Earthy" environment.

True, it almost looked like Bruce Wayne in Middle Earth. :)

Neeson did quite alright in TPM, Stefancos. It's Ewan you should complain about. Or do you mean he wasn't a successful mentor, story-wise? Why would you hope that for?

Neeson was OK, i guess, especially considereing the material he had to work with.

But his performance as Qui-Gon was lightyears removed from his work in Schindlers List.

Well, you know how Lucas directs his actors! The only guidelines he's able to give are: Action! Cut! See you tomorrow.

Lucas isn't Spielberg.

----------------

Alex Cremers

wow, I can only think of one thing to say about this trailer.

IT SUCKS

Joe, real tired of movies where the guy/hero/heroine must go find his asian roots to become something more, I'll pass on this garbage. Its been done to death.

IT SUCKS

Joe, real tired of movies where the guy/hero/heroine must go find his asian roots to become something more, I'll pass on this garbage.  Its been done to death.

There's been enough Joe versions of Batman already, you know, with all the shiny, glitter, goofiness we could take. Play time is finally over now. At last, Batman grew up. Thank you, Nolan.

:mrgreen:

----------------

Alex Cremers

IT SUCKS

Joe, real tired of movies where the guy/hero/heroine must go find his asian roots to become something more, I'll pass on this garbage.  Its been done to death.

There's been enough Joe versions of Batman already, you know, with all the shiny, glitter, goofiness we could take. Play time is finally over now. At last, Batman grew up. Thank you, Nolan.

:mrgreen:

----------------

Alex Cremers

as usual Alex, what you think and what you know are wider than the atlantic. If WB had quit after Batman, I wouldn't have cared.

Joe, not a big Batman fan, and who has no versions like Alex believes in his small brainstem.

alex, I must always conter punch with you, its a love thing.

btw, I love Princes' Batman album in case anyone wonders or cares.

It's okay Alex, I will! :D

Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale, Bale... :mrgreen: :spiny: ;) :spiny:

Equilibrium has made him pretty popular, some friends of mine found out about it and saw it (guys not girls), and think he's all that now, more than Keanu Reeves. They think he kicks butt, and were asking what other movies he was in. :)

Greta

:music: Neverland - Blue from Finding Neverland(Kaczmarek)

Equilibrium has made him pretty popular, some friends of mine found out about it and saw it (guys not girls), and think he's all that now, more than Keanu Reeves.

I don't think I've ever read higher praise.

Neil