John Williams outside USA

Miz

John Williams is known to perform numerous concerts in the USA, but has anyone been to any outside of the country?

I live in merrie olde Engalnd, and wondered when JW last visited here. Ever? I would love to see him conduct his concerts live, but never hear of any dates for British performances. Has he performed outside of the USA before? I would love to see one of his concerts, but all I get are the reviews of one in 'CA' or 'NY' or some such far off place.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet he goes when he conducts the London Symphony for a recording,

if he doesn't get someone else to do it.

Yeah, I would have thought he's done that before. Does anyone know details on any British performances? Maybe even some future dates?

He's conducted the LSO in concert before.

Yeah, I have a friend in Britain who got his signature when he premiered the ESB suite there, in 1980 I believe.

Marian - hoping Williams does another concert in London soon.

It was at the Barbican I believe. I was there and it was great because it's a small venue and we were right up close.

Williams conducted the LSO in concert in June 1997. That was his last perfomance in Europe.

Not quite right, Ricard, it was July 1998 that JW conducted the LSO at the Barbican in two concerts, the second of which included his tuba concerto. He also gave concerts with the LSO in 1996 at the same venue.

Miz,

As JW is perhaps most likely to give UK concerts with the LSO, I suggest your joining their mailing list at www.lso.co.uk. That way you also get to hear about other great concerts well in advance.

Damien

Outside the USA, Williams conducted the LSO while in London (he worked with the orchestra since 1971), and in Japan, on tour with The Boston Pops Orchestra/Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra.

I also wish he could came to Portugal someday... but guess it won't happen.

Yeah, and thanks very much Damien for that link. I hope he visits soon!