'Met' JW and George Lucas on Monday

APBez

I went down to Abbey Road on Monday hoping to get my DVD set signed.

A representative of Lucasfilm spotted me outside and asked if my pen was silver. Apparently, they needed a silver pen to sign some competition prizes inside or something. Anyway, my pen was black. "Sorry", he said. "If it was silver (and you lent it to us), we could have done a deal, got your stuff signed". I couldn't believe the nerve of the guy.

I asked him if I could get hold of a silver pen for him, would we be able to "do a deal"? He nodded. So off I went exploring the lovely St. John's Wood, looking for a shop that might sell a silver pen and, eventually, found one.

Returned to Abbey Road, and gave my DVD set and silver pen to the Lucasfilm rep only after he'd made some promises! An hour later, he came out with my DVD set signed by Williams and Lucas.

Just after 5, Lucas emerged from the building and 'posed' for a photo with me, said things were going "great" inside. About an hour later, Williams emerged, well wrapped up against the cold. His publicist told me he was late for an engagement and couldn't do a photo. Didn't mind too much, though. He looked really tired after a very long day.

Anyway, I a great time. My thanks to Williams, Lucas and the Lucasfilm rep.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. Glad you were able to find the pen. You would figure someone in that studio would have had silver pen, luckly for you they did not. :)

So, Uhh, I just went out and brought a pack of silver ink'd pens LOL! Not that I'll ever put them to use, I'll carry them in my music bag FOREVER NOW! :)

I went down to Abbey Road on Monday hoping to get my DVD set signed.A representative of Lucasfilm spotted me outside and asked if my pen was silver. Apparently, they needed a silver pen to sign some competition prizes inside or something. Anyway, my pen was black. "Sorry", he said. "If it was silver (and you lent it to us), we could have done a deal, got your stuff signed". I couldn't believe the nerve of the guy.I asked him if I could get hold of a silver pen for him, would we be able to "do a deal"? He nodded. So off I went exploring the lovely St. John's Wood, looking for a shop that might sell a silver pen and, eventually, found one.Returned to Abbey Road, and gave my DVD set and silver pen to the Lucasfilm rep only after he'd made some promises! An hour later, he came out with my DVD set signed by Williams and Lucas.Just after 5, Lucas emerged from the building and 'posed' for a photo with me, said things were going "great" inside. About an hour later, Williams emerged, well wrapped up against the cold. His publicist told me he was late for an engagement and couldn't do a photo. Didn't mind too much, though. He looked really tired after a very long day. Anyway, I a great time. My thanks to Williams, Lucas and the Lucasfilm rep.

If it were me. Holding the black pen, i would point with it towards the grey sky and shout - "HEY look, it's Superman". As his gaze searched in vain for the flying superhero in the sky, i would knee him in the groin, poke him in the eye with the black pen (for being so cheeky as to make corrupt deals and play on fan's feelings), throw him agressively down the steps while saying - "Who's the Daddy now?" then run inside to get my stuff signed personally.

I shall go armed with Silver Ink next Monday......

If you can, get there for 9.30am and don't be afraid to wait inside Abbey Road Studio's car park; that's where the cars drop the important people off. When JW arrived, he went in via the side entrance to the left of the building, as did most of the orchestra/choir. Lucas went in through the front door.

I reckon the morning's the best time to approach Williams. Seemed more energetic!

You're might find, too, that you're the only one there for Star Wars. There were a few people hanging around talking pictures of themselves on the zebra crossing made famous by the Beatles. They even took pictures of the Studios but no one seemed aware of the magnitude of what was going on inside. Kind of funny.

That sounds awsome! I'd love to see a picture, too! Did you say anything to Lucas or (more importantly) Williams?

~Sturgis, incredibly pissed at America for not being on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean

~Sturgis, incredibly pissed at America for not  

being on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean

Colombus used to complain in his cabin about that, too.

Sure, make jokes, you can go to Abbey Road  

Studios, YOU LUCKY ENGLISHMAN, YOU!

~Sturgis

But i'd have to act out the "Pen" incident.

Adam reveals his agressive side"

"All" Brits, are closet Thugs

I sat outside Boston Symphony Hall when Saving Private Ryan was recording. But I didn't wait long enough to see anybody. But it was amazing to know that history was being recorded inside.

I shall go armed with Silver Ink next Monday......

If you can, get there for 9.30am and don't be afraid to wait inside Abbey Road Studio's car park; that's where the cars drop the important people off. When JW arrived, he went in via the side entrance to the left of the building, as did most of the orchestra/choir. Lucas went in through the front door.

I reckon the morning's the best time to approach Williams. Seemed more energetic!

You're might find, too, that you're the only one there for Star Wars. There were a few people hanging around talking pictures of themselves on the zebra crossing made famous by the Beatles. They even took pictures of the Studios but no one seemed aware of the magnitude of what was going on inside. Kind of funny.

Hey - thanks for the tips!!!! I was planning on being there about 8.30-ish anyway so 9.30 will be a lay-in......and thanks for advice on where to go - if I manage to get autograph I will be eternally grateful.....if I don't I will be sending the boys round....

.....just kidding about the boys......

:|

I sat outside Boston Symphony Hall when Saving Private Ryan was recording. But I didn't wait long enough to see anybody. But it was amazing to know that history was being recorded inside.

I wouldn't personally call the recording of "SPR" history. I would call the recording of "Schindler's List" historic, though. What with the performances of Itzhak Perlman and all, that's more like history in the making. And there's that Academy Award to back it up.

Jeff -- who sorta thinks any time Williams records a score is history

Is this a Scum reference?...... I always loved that line.

Yep, from Scum :P

Personally i love the scene where he has to meet the Black guy (the current "Daddy") in a tool shed for a fight. Winston arrives at the scene and says to the other guy rather aggresively - "Where's your tool?". The Current "Daddy" looks perplexed and responds - "What f*****g tool?". Winston runs up to him, bashes him round the head with an iron bar and shouts "THIS F*****G TOOL", then proceeds to teach him a lesson (with the iron bar) about who the daddy is "now". Hideously violent film of course. But it's great stuff. And most disturbingly of all, the Borstal guards remind me of my old school teachers :?

So many really memorable moments in that film. Just a few:

- "I give you me f***ing coffee, and you piss all over me!"

- "Carry on then." (Colin stuffing cue balls into a sock and then cracking an inmate across the jaw.)

- and, of course, "TURN 'IM OVER!!!!" LOL

Scary thing is, I haven't seen that film since 1985, and I can still remember it.

LOL Yeah, the Snooker Balls in the sock was nasty.

I could reaaaaaaly feel that too (CRACK!!) :P

I like the guy who wishes to become a Vegetarian and Buddhist (i think it was). Constantly giving the guards witty answers back, he just winds them up constantly. Going barefoot at one point in protest. As you say, it's a film which you end up remembering because it so unique.

Definitely. It just goes from strength to nauseating strength, and just when you think it can't get any better -- the cafeteria riot. One for the ages! I'm surprised more people don't about it. It's one of the funniest films I've ever seen.

Of course, that's just me. :P

Cafeteria riot.

Oh how i would have loved to have re-enacted that at School LOL

Headmaster - "You cant have Christmas off, this year"

Pupils - "Right....you know what to do (whispering to mates)"

Oh, my mates and I reenacted it plenty (without actually knowing it, of course, since Scum was still a few years in our future), which led to my concluding the ninth grade a half day earlier than most of my peers. :thumbup: I'd instigated or been sucked into many a foodfight before and since, but none would equal that fateful midday in June of '81, when for but a few moments, jocks, nerds, druggies, honor students, and clowns were united in a democratic orgy of mashed potatoes and violence. A marvel of the American educational system. :nono:

Our trusting lunch monitor:

:micro: