Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

John Crichton

I forgot to mention the wonderful domestic scene with Roslin and Adama. Of course you can just stick those two actors in a room together and you'll get something great. Lee's send off was also very well done.

Six with darker hair. :)

Overall good episode. I found the subplot with the Raiders to be interesting, and now we'll have the Centauirons not obeying orders. I feel like this season is really going to move with a strong purpose.

Agreed, it's the last season. No more stand alones!

As much as I was "not blown away" by the most recent episode, at least it wasn't a stand-alone. This is my first time watching BSG on TV though. I prefer watching TV shows on DVD. No commercials and you can go at your own pace. The only downside is that you risk running into spoilers (I was waiting for the third season of Lost to come out on DVD before watching, and thanks to The Soup, I ran into some spoilers).

It's better with these arc-heavy shows to see them on DVD too, you don't have a week to forget some of the finer details. I never feel like I've watched a season properly until I've watched it on DVD.

I agree I prefer watching TV series on DVD myself..but sometimes the wait is unbearable so it's hard not want to see it live. Just like with Stargate Atlantis.

I know the feeling. I sat down today and watched the first 4 episodes of Lost. Its amazing how that show continues, I wouldn't be able to watch it live every week.

Here's a small clip IGN posted of tomorrow night's episode. There's a very minor possible SPOILER, for those of you avoiding that . . .

http://tv.ign.com/dor/objects/821011/battl...g_405_clip.html

First off, I'm amazed at how good the Centurions are looking this season. Love it. Secondly, it looks like what was mentioned before in this thread will come to pass anyway (although I think we all knew it would eventually).

I never watch any clips before the show airs, just the preview at the end of the epsiode.

And I would urge all Galactica fans that have an hour and a half to kill before the new episode tomorrow night to tune in to the start of the new series (as it's called in England) of Doctor Who with the airing of the Christmas special from this past year, Voyage of the Damned. You might see something you like (but please ignore Sci-Fi's "new attitude" hype campaign, it has no basis in reality).

John- who will be watching Sci-Fi for three hours tomorrow night, counting the new Sarah Jane ep

I figured out about halfway through where it was going. Didn't make the ending any easier. It was either: a. Cally lives and the secret starts to get out, or b. Goodbye Cally. From a creative standpoint the choice is pretty obivous. Shame too, she was one of my favorites. Tori is obviously being set up to be the evil one.

Other than that, good development on all other fronts. Though I was having a hard time picking up the subtext during the last part of the Quorum meeting, where Zarek was trying to steer Lee, etc. Hopefully that'll be fleshed out next week.

I didn't expect the half the Galactia crew to get crammed in that frieghter with Kara. Do they have anyone left on board that can fly a Viper?

I forgot to watch the original episode of it...I'm gonna have to catch the encore in an hour. I forgot tonight was Friday...I swear my memory sucks these days.

Pretty shocking ending. I was hoping that Cali would kill all three of them.

Indeed. Poor Cally. ROTFLMAO

I didn't expect the half the Galactia crew to get crammed in that frieghter with Kara. Do they have anyone left on board that can fly a Viper?

Yeah, what's up with that?

Like most of you have said, excellent episode. I was completely on the edge of my seat, despite the fact you could probably tell where the end was going (I didn't dare guess though). I really loved the multiple plot-threads and while I wish they would've revealed a bit more on what was going on at Lee's end, that's cool. I really can't wait for next week's episode to see where each thread takes us.

On a sidenote, I was just jammin' along to the original mini-series score and I love the opening track, "Are You Alive?/BSG Main Title." I think it's a great track to set the tone for this epic series (and going back and watching that opening now to see all the characters is equally fascinating).

Tonights episode was rather interesting especially the scenes between Six and the Colonel. I was hoping more would be revealed though but guess we'll have to wait until the next week or two for that to happen. The Chief is definitely beginning to fall apart, wonder if he'll be the first to reveal he's a cylon.

Yes, strange that, it seemed that Tyrol was taking it the best the first couple of eps.

Not too much to say, it was a typical mid-arc episode. Things are progressing well. But next week, more with Kara and Leoben. I can't wait.

so far after two great episodes we've had two dogs. woof woof.

The Baltar and Lee arcs are providing the most compelling stories for me so far this season...

My interest in the 4 cylons is faltering, though I have to say the 6/Saul story is beginning to pique me again.

Nothing has happened on the Kara line thus far, so I'm not completely sure what to think about that one.

no they wont, I love big story arcs but each episode still has to stand, this is like Lost season 2 again

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I finally saw Friday's episode today on Sci-Fi's site after forgetting about it. I will agree it was really drawn out. It seems they might draw out the reveal thing until about the series finale.

I hope too that there isn't a damn mid season finale at the end of the month. That would really irritate me if that happens.

There is, which is a Galactica tradition. There are 5 more eps of the current 10 episode/half season run that ends with, according to reports, a doozy of a cliffhanger. The original plan was to show the last 10 later on this year (summer/fall) but with the writer's strike they'll probably get pushed back to the end of the year or even next year. And really that doesn't bother me this year, I like having it stretched out since it's the final season.

Holy crap tonights episode is awesome. You think that

Kara's husband (I think that's who it was or was that Anthena's husband? that held the eight's hand when she died?) is the final cylon?

Tonights episode was pretty powerful and great acting from the gal who played the President. It was nice to see Nana Visitor as a guest star.

Ya, same here. Her voice sounded very fimilar, I thought it was her but she looked so different the way how they made her look in that hospital bed. Until they showed him with Roslin(sp?) at the end.

Yeah, you're behind the times there Vosk, we all know Anders is one of the final 5. I was chuckling at the conclusions the group came up with to what the hybrid said, I was thinking of Anders blurting out "Hell, I don't know where Earth is."

Very nice epiosde, good movement all around. And what was best about it is that the end didn't try to wrap up anything, it was just "OK, hour's up, we've gotta stop here, pick it back up next week." I love that. I took me a while to recognize Nana Visitor too, when there were some closer shots of her.

Nice to see the Admiral make a cameo appearance at the end.

Hmm, wait... wasn't Anders with Sol, the Chief and Tori in the meeting at the end of Season 3 beginning of Season 4? Sorry just confused tonight lol.

Yep, Tigh, Anders, Torri, and Tryol are the ones we know of. Anders was even the one that got scanned by a raider in the big battle at the start of the season.

Okay that's what I thought. Okay my bad then on that mistake. I am curious who the final cylon will be. Kara is too much of an obvious choice and they did say it would be someone we least expect.

Wow tonights episode was great and very intense, things are becoming VERY interesting. The previews for the new episode look great but sucks we gotta wait two weeks.

Two weeks! :)

Things are getting good though.

I didn't stick around for the previews ever since they spoiled the end of an earlier episode.

Two weeks though? Man, that sucks. This episode was great though.

This and Lost are my two faovrite shows currently running, and I can never pick between them. When I'm watching Lost, my favorite is Lost, and when I'm watching Galactica, it's Galactica.

I can think of worse dilemmas. I just wish Deadwood were still on the air, so I could have three to not be able to choose between.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that was...significant.

I don't want to brag, but did I call it for Lee or what? It just happened a lot sooner than expected.

I'm not sure that its Lee, it could be Rosalyn

You sure you're not mixing up Galactica and Lost? :D

John- who hasn't seen a dull ep of Galactica this year

I have, but its more like 2 good, 2 dull.

I would classify this episode as filler. Nothing special happened or dramatic for that fact.

All though next weeks looks pretty interesting. I wonder if the 5th Cylon might be Adama or Rosalyn.

I sort of was disappointed in last nights episode but hey every series has their dull moments for episodes not just Battlestar Galactica.

Dull? Really?

An episode in which the fleet's government elects a new president? An episode in which Tigh is promoted to commander of Galactica? An episode in which we finally get to see the return of Husker?

That's dull?

I think I must be watching a different series than you guys.

The guy is tipped over by a dead cat?

C'mon. Even if it made sense, it's such a preposterous moment in what should have been a high-tension scene.