The Doctor Who Thread.....

Greg1138

I heard that there was a on-set picture out there of Whittaker in the 12th Doctor costume (obviously while filming episode 1 of the next season). 

The BBC has apparently had them taken down every where I'd normally look.  Anybody have a copy?  Wanna post?  Please?

19 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I think I found it.  It is just a crappy set photo, and not even of filming.

Hide contents

DObKlgjWAAAUSOg.jpg:large

Not long after the regeneration, judging by what she's wearing.

Oh yeah, it'll be interesting to see how long she's in it.  Smith was in Tennant's outfit for pretty much the entire episode of "Eleventh Hour."  It was a plot point that signified him coming into his own as the Doctor to pick his own costume.  Tennant and Capaldi were out of the previous Doctor costumes almost immediately (or at least pretty quickly).

Christmas special preview clip, aired during Children In Need last night. 

Good fun ... the decision to have David Bradley deliver an approximation of Hartnell's First Doctor rather than a direct impersonation is probably wise. 

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 2:59 PM, Disco Stu said:

The wilder hair the better for 12 if you ask me.

I'm the opposite.  When I saw a YouTube ad recently, I thought his hair was distractingly crazy.

I think peak Capaldi hair was around S9 really. Not too long, not too short.

I did like that clip, but it it me, or is the prosthetic cap the hair is stuck onto a bit visible around the edges in this scene?

• 2 weeks later...

There were reports on some Doctor Who FB groups that someone had emailed some BBC member, who said that Murray Gold had nearly finished the S9 release and was about to start work on the one for S10 - I guess that's possibly good news?

• 2 weeks later...

Heck yeah!

I only watched the first 3 eps of 9, and obviously haven't seen 10 either, but Gold's releases are like crack to me.

(I think 4 CDs is overkill, personally, and I find myself returning to the shorter highlights CDs of the first 6 season much more often than the longer releases, but I'll take all I can get).

On 12/8/2017 at 9:05 PM, Bofur01 said:

There were reports on some Doctor Who FB groups that someone had emailed some BBC member, who said that Murray Gold had nearly finished the S9 release and was about to start work on the one for S10 - I guess that's possibly good news?

Yeah, the link below was e-mailed from Silva earlier. It does put to rest the musings that perhaps Gold was losing his interest in the show (fuelled by him potentially leaving) and hence the lack of releases. Sounds like he's just been too busy before now.

I do think the multi-disc releases are too long, but being able to make custom playlists is a very valuable thing. I made a 2-disc compilation of all 8 series over the summer, and I can imagine adding perhaps 20-30 minutes of the strongest material from series 9.

Also nice we get a complete release from Heaven Sent. From what I read on FSM, and have seen on YT, it's a very musically strong episode.

13 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Sounds like he's just been too busy before now.

I believe that official word from Silva or some other official Who source was that his partner had a child, so he was too busy to put together albums.

Silva never went further than saying the music wasn't available to license. I can see why they didn't elaborate, although it would've been nice to put out something a little more casual so that people knew it was going to happen eventually.

Maybe a combination of the two!  From this thread on FSM (which also has the licensing quote):  http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=116517&forumID=1&archive=0

Somebody asked the DOCTOR WHO brand manager what has happened to the series 9 soundtrack on Twitter, and he said that Murray Gold has become a father recently (the implication being that he has therefore been too busy to prepare the series 9 album while also working on series 10). That seems a reasonable enough explanation.

and

"I feel I've explained this a few times. Murray hasn't delivered a soundtrack yet. I'm not sure it's a priority for him."

https://twitter.com/edwardrussell/st...80644825452544