The Doctor Who Thread.....

Greg1138

41 minutes ago, Evil-Lyn said:

I can't remember any Asian people in the entirety of nuWho.

1x4 Aliens of London 

Naoko Mori played Doctor Sato, who went on to a role in the first two seasons of Torchwood. 

I'm deeply disappointed you don't remember her because you're such an outspoken fan of the Eccleston season of the show. 

But there haven't been many since. 

Oh, you're right. I do remember her from the pig alien scene. As I recall, she seemed to have nice breasts (and a nice everything in general), but you could barely see her because it was so dark and they kept cutting away!

1 hour ago, Evil-Lyn said:

I can't remember any Asian people in the entirety of nuWho.

I think you probably mean east Asian, but there have been several south Asian actors on the show over the years.  One of my favorites is Amara Khan, who played Rita in 6.11 "The God Complex."

tumblr_ma0gafzKSD1rovxmmo1_500.jpg

There was also Meera Syal, who was in the 5th season Silurian two-parter.

MV5BMTMwMzg1OTM2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDM1

10 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Moffat has said that the end of his tenure as showrunner will probably end his association with Who altogether, so I wouldn't hold your breath for future episodes penned by him.

Bit of a shame; I liked his approach and enthusiasm to Doctor Who, even if it was sometimes a bit convoluted.

10 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Speaking of audio dramas, think I saw somewhere recently that ones with Jenny are planned. 

Yep, that was officially confirmed by the BBC.

I've avoided audio books until now, but maybe it is time to reconsider.

I spoke to Ben Foster on Facebook, to see if Murray is indeed leaving the show, only to discover that Ben hasn't been involved in Doctor Who since the end of series 9! I wonder if he was the driving force behind getting albums released?

1 hour ago, Richard said:

I'll let you know...next April.

I'll say this, though; she's very pretty.

I wouldn't bet on April.  I think the next season will be on in the Fall, maybe an August premiere 

THE ELEVENTH HOUR, and VINCENT AND THE DOCTOR are still the best Smith stories.

I came to appreciate his comic abilities (he always seemed to be

self-deprecating) but, after Tennant's reign, I wasn't sad to see him go.

Amy wasn't bad, but Clara was better. Rory was supercargo.

16 minutes ago, Evil-Lyn said:

Shouldn't this be The Doctor's final regeneration? In the 1990s TV movie, the 8th Doctor said he had 13 lives.

He was granted another 12 regenerations by Gallifrey when Matt Smith regenerated.  It was always a stupid rule that the show was going to handwave away anyway.  I hope it's never mentioned again 

I must have missed that part. Wait, I remember him talking about it with Clara.

1 hour ago, Sally Spectra said:

Is anything pre-2005 even canon anymore?

I'm not sure we should write it off entirely. It's acknowledged by the writers and not just in an in-jokey sort of way. Tom Baker was pretty awesome in the role and a lot of his stuff is pretty solid, despite being rather soap-ish, which is basically pre-2005 Who anyway. #8 had awesome hair and despite being in a fairly crappy TV movie, he was a good Doctor. Also, Colin Baker had:

Companion-5-Nicola-Bryant-as-Peri-Brown.

3 hours ago, Sally Spectra said:

Is anything pre-2005 even canon anymore?

Of course it is. Shut the fuck up.

3 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

He was granted another 12 regenerations by Gallifrey when Matt Smith regenerated.  It was always a stupid rule that the show was going to handwave away anyway.  I hope it's never mentioned again 

This.

Also, in THE FIVE DOCTORS (ooh, sorry, it's pre-2005 ;)) the Time Lords offered The Master a new regeneration cycle, if he would help The Doctor, so :P

The trailer looks very tasty, indeed, but not as tasty as Peri, eh? "Peri, eh". See what I did there? :)

Bill's back! :D

And who's the blonde?

Is Mark Gatiss playing a certain previously established character?

They really don't care about reusing actors multiple times on this show, do they? :P

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

The only characters I can think of is either someone from THE WAR GAMES, the kid from FAMILY OF BLOOD, or...Captain Mike Yates, but I don't think they would do that.

I was thinking of The Brigadier... Could it be?