New Score Release: The Ghostbreaker (Williams)

fommes

FSM releases The Ghostbreaker, a score for the pilot of a TV series, by John Williams.

Great and unexpected news!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He he ,the theme sounds like Land of the Giants.

Sounds like something scary happens at the end of "Teaser".

K.M.

Also ordered! I've been a Williams fan for 25 years and I've never even HEARD of this. It isn't mentioned on any lists that I've seen (here or on IMDB). Looking forward to hearing the music. Just goes to show that even something as obscure as this pilot they kept the score track safely tucked away in a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavetory with a sign on the door saying "Beware of the leopard".

This is AMAZING news! I've owned the GHOSTBREAKER theme on a shoddy-sounding bootleg for quite some time, but this is the first time we'll hear the entire score in any format. THIS is what I like to see more of....COMPLETELY UNRELEASED Williams gems get their due. Despite a poor financial situation, I'll order this asap.

Is it possibly and not too much trouble if some Dutch member with connections or possibilities orders this one for me?

It would be greatly appreciated.

I shall kiss your butt in gratitude.

ROTFLMAO

What a cool score! I received mine this morning (FSM are so reliable!). The opening title is so much fun. I could do without the ghastly singing on Greensleeves (all twee vibrato. Greensleeves needs to be sung by an English girl, preferably Anne Bolynn!) Track 21 "How to Outspook a Spook" is terrific. It's all very generic ghostly music, but Johnny makes it all seem so effortless. The glissandi violins and vibrophone are highly effective, as is the female vocal. I haven't listened to Jericho yet, I'm too busy enjoying Johnny's 26 minutes.

• 1 year later...

I've recently acquired this CD from FSM (I'm always a bit behind on the Williams FSM CDs but I'll get them all eventually :)), and I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised. Although expectations were fairly high on this one. The theme is especially quite nice, the underscore is sometimes too underscore-y (well, what would you expect though for a TV pilot), but still entertaining in its Williamsesque way. The coupling with Jericho (Goldsmith, Schifrin, Stevens et al.) is also a great choice, makes for a CD worth getting!

• 6 years later...

On the soundtrack to The Ghostbreaker, what is the name of the female soprano singing on the tracks, "Greensleeves," and "Act IV: To Outspook a Spook"?

Unfortunately her name is not mentioned in the liner notes so I guess there is no easy way to find that out.