What did the Emperor mean when he said...

diskobolus

What did the Emperor mean when he said, "... Ah yes. A Jedi's weapon. Much like your father's." ?  

19 members have voted

1. 1.

• That Vader's saber and Luke's new saber are similar in design and appearance.
    • That Luke's weapon is the same type of weapon as Vader's because Luke is a Jedi and Vader used to be a Jedi.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the next line, "By now you must know that your father can never be turned from the dark side"? That would imply option two...

Are you serious about the first option?

I think he's patronizing both Skywalkers by letting them feel he's not afraid of the light saber.

The 1st option is not feasible.

Lukes saber is based upon Obi Wans (since he did it with Obi Wans manual and spare parts in his house)

Really why does the emperor say it is a jedi Weapon? Both Vader and him wore those too...

Well at least Ian Mcdiarmird can change some little lines...

But well the line has been there since 1983, and Vader had the saber since 1977, so the fu** up was made in the 'golden' era, not becasue of the prequels

What did the Emperor mean when he said...

I was about to eagerly contribute to an indepth discussion about Ancient Chinese Dynasties. Then i opened the thread to discover that it was yet another f*****g Star Wars thread.

Melange - Feels decieved, abused, and manipulated

I voted for option 1, but not so much because I think that it as I think number 2 would be silly. If he's just commenting that it's the same type of weapon, the first part of the quote is enough, so the second part is redundant. Of COURSE it is like his fathers if he meant it that way; there's no way it COULDN'T be.

But I think he's just more taunting Luke than saying anything specific. This is why I voted for option 1; the Emperor could have completely ignored whether the lightsabers were similar and said it anyway to add to his attempt to show that he and his father are not all that different.

BTW, check out this parody of RotJ if you have'nt seen it. I think it's different from the one that was posted before...

He's clearly a Michael Jackson fan

When i was going through an endless mess of old tapes in my cupboards the other day in order to create some order, i found a dusty tape single from the mid 1990's by Michael Jackson, called "Earth Song". It was then that i realized it's the only Michael Jackson music i own. Hence, the reality shows i'm not a Jacko fan :mrgreen:

Yeah, that's what I mean.

Lucas has to change Vader's weapon in SW.

What the fuck are you talking about? Why?

The first option is obviously wrong.

This has always bothered me.

The Lightsaber is the weapon of the Jedi Knight, so Ben says in SW, but the Sith have wielded it also.

Either Ben comment in Star wars (1977) should be edited out, or the Sith lightsabers should be replaced by something else.

The saga just makes no sense otherwise.

This has always bothered me.

The Lightsaber is the weapon of the Jedi Knight, so Ben says in SW, but the Sith have wielded it also.

Either Ben comment in Star wars (1977) should be edited out, or the Sith lightsabers should be replaced by something else.

The saga just makes no sense otherwise.

Not so much the saga, but the first ("core", as some would say) 1977 film, too, as Vader wields a lightsaber right there. The saga just follows the trend for continuity's sake.

You people are way too anal retentive.

Just because the Sith use lightsabers, it is still the weapon of the Jedi knights. There's nothing wrong with that statement. He doesn't say it was never used by anyone else.

There's no need to change anything. :baaa: :roll:

Not so much the saga, but the first ("core", as some would say) 1977 film, too, as Vader wields a lightsaber right there. The saga just follows the trend for continuity's sake.

Wields? Now, let's be honest, it's more like "holding it filmly or otherwise my balloon takes off".

----------------

Alex Cremers - who understands that in 1977 martial arts and wires weren't in vogue yet.

it means that people are reaching for plot holes big enough to drive a tractor through.