Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

Eh?

I mean: the part I'm thinking of starts off with the part Cerrabore mentioned, but at the end there are a few timpani "notes", before it segues to "Lament".

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, there's a timpani roll. I have no idea where it came from, though it sounds similar to the timpani roll before Vader's theme in "Enter Lord Vader," which sounds overdubbed by editors... could be easily replicated with synthesizers, if you like.

LucasArts announces new Star Wars Galaxies expansion, set for a November 1st release date. "ALL NEW MUSTAFAR CONTENT." Well jeez, looks like we'll be getting "The Boys Continue," clean DVD rips of "Plans for the Twins" and "Padme's Funeral," and God knows what else on the same day. Wow. Now we just need some poor sap to buy these awful games, hehe...

Made a small update to the tracked music list, because I noticed Galaxies is a better source for "Flying the Half-Ship" (tracked version of "The Tide Turns"). Also fixed the thing with "Get 'Em, R-2!" putting it into Track 2... which I meant to do earlier.

I have opted not to put The Tide Turns in RotS.Reminds me of how cringeworthy this was in the film(the only real criminal edit in RotS)

k.M.Who finally switched to Firefox after spending 2 days trying to get rid of the CoolWebSearch about:blank trojan on IE.

I have a question - for the expanded (not the tracked music) list, surely Duel of the Fates counts as tracked music, and should only be in the tracked music list???

Yes and no. Yes since it is the old TPM recording used in that list, but in the movie, DOF is meant for that scene, since the chorus was re-recorded to fit the edited cue.

So its part of the movie, but not the version we have now...

And KM, it happened the same coolwebsearch thing to me and after switching to firefox i havent had any more froblems like those :).

Which track on the TPM game?

Sqreactor.

And I consider "Duel of the Fates" to be an integral part of the musical narrative... yes, it is tracked (although there is the unavailable new choral recording), but it's clear that Lucas and Williams always intended it. Plus, the cue is actually well-edited... almost as if the scene itself was edited to fit the music. Finally, I like the segue to "Yoda Falls" ... but if you're a purist, simply use OST Track 09, then mus_rodian_quest_fail, then OST Track 03.

How so?

Well, at the recording sessions Lucas asked why Duel of the Fates wasn't in the Anakin-Obi-Wan duel, and Williams said it would come later, for the "big duel" or something.

Did someone say... The Phantom Menace?

The first track is up. More coming, of course. Since this is a big project, I'm putting it up track-by-track. This way, you guys will be able to point out my errors as they appear, rather than in one overwhelming tirade. :fouetaa:

Note: this track is NOT EASY to edit, but the Otoh Gunga music will give you a repose.

1. 20th CENTURY FOX FANFARE

UE CD1 01 all

2. MAIN TITLE-THE ARRIVAL-GAS LEAK-DROID FIGHT-QUEEN AMIDALA-THE DROID INVASION

UE CD1 02 all

UE CD1 03 all

UE CD1 04 all (loop: 1:11.5-1:13)

UE CD1 05 0:00-0:08.5

JPB 5a 0:08-0:09

UE CD1 05 0:08.5-0:13.5

JPB 5a 0:14.5-0:28

GAL mus_player_v_creat_b_lp 0:00-0:01

UE CD1 05 0:29-1:25 (loop: 0:47-0:48)

JPB 5a 2:15.5-2:17.5

UE CD1 05 1:26-end

UE CD1 06 0:00-0:22

OST 13 3:13-3:23

UE CD1 06 0:27-end

UE CD1 07 0:00-0:21

OST 14 1:26-1:27

UE CD1 07 0:24.5-0:44

OST 14 1:36.5-1:44

TPMG sqfight5 30.5-31.5

JPB 2e 0:00.5-0:02

OST 14 1:44-1:58.5

JPB 2e 0:16-0:22

OST 14 1:58.5-2:07

JPB 2e -1:00-1:00.5

TPMG sqfight5end 0:03-end

Um, if it "really" doesn't sound right, then no. Perhaps something was divided incorrectly. JPB 2e is supposed to start with the action music. If it doesn't... you can probably find the correct time and edit accordingly. Anyway, JPB 2e isn't necessary; it just provides a little better quality than sqfight5.

No, it isn't. 2e it is. Perhaps you are sticking too closely to the times. If I'm a second or two off, no big deal. Just edit, well, where it's supposed to be edited.

OK, just checked - it seems my computer took the liberty of renaming the files when I downloaded them.

The current JPB 2e there is identical to the 1e I have. So you're right.

The cue list for the third and fourth tracks is up... a thing you should know about this is, I always prefer the UE to the the OST for sound quality, the OST to JPB, etc. That means, even if a UE cue is cut and looped all over the place, I will still specify all the usable sections in a cue list, at least when the sound quality difference is slight (UE to OST). So, with track 3, you can, for example, just use OST 10 2:58.5-end instead of the four edits specified if you don't feel like making micro-edits in the final action music, or are unable to.

If anyone is wondering about the bad cue titles, they are Williams's originals, not mine. :roll:

I started working on this last night. Got through a few of the edits. Man, this is gonna be a lot of work! My cup of hatred for Sony overfloweth...

And not to nitpick, but...well yeah, I'm nitpicking. You used hyphens on the first track titles and a slash on the second. :P

I'm going to try to save as much of the work I did making my elvisjones cut as I can. I had all but the second track done for the first disc (but only one track done on the second disc).

2. MAIN TITLE-THE ARRIVAL-GAS LEAK-DROID FIGHT-QUEEN AMIDALA-THE DROID INVASION

UE CD1 02 all

UE CD1 03 all

UE CD1 04 all (loop: 1:11.5-1:13)

UE CD1 05 0:00-0:08.5

JPB 5a 0:08-0:09

UE CD1 05 0:08.5-0:13.5

JPB 5a 0:14.5-0:28

GAL mus_player_v_creat_b_lp 0:00-0:01

UE CD1 05 0:29-1:25 (loop: 0:47-0:48)

JPB 5a 2:15.5-2:17.5

UE CD1 05 1:26-end

UE CD1 06 0:00-0:22

OST 13 3:13-3:23

UE CD1 06 0:27-end

UE CD1 07 0:00-0:21

OST 14 1:26-1:27

UE CD1 07 0:24.5-0:44

OST 14 1:36.5-1:44

TPMG sqfight5 30.5-31.5

JPB 2e 0:00.5-0:02

OST 14 1:44-1:58.5

JPB 2e 0:16-0:22

OST 14 1:58.5-2:07

JPB 2e -1:00-1:00.5

TPMG sqfight5end 0:03-end

that's too complicated for me

k.M.who gives up

If anyone is wondering about the bad cue titles, they are Williams's originals, not mine. :roll:

Do you have a list of Williams' titles? Just out of interest could I see them?

As do I.

A question; when you say "mix OST ...." and whanot, what does "mix" mean? I assume it isn't just putting it after the previous section, because the others don't have mix in them.

A question; when you say "mix OST ...." and whanot, what does "mix" mean? I assume it isn't just putting it after the previous section, because the others don't have mix in them.

I took that as slowly fade one in and the other out, and keep messing about with it until you can't hear the transition. Then again that's what I did for most of track 2.

Do you have a list of Williams' titles? Just out of interest could I see them?

STAR WARS (Main Title)

The Arrival

Gas Leak

Droid Fight

Queen Amidala

The Droid Invasion

Introducing Jar Jar

Bubble World

Gone Fishin'

Tentacles

Theed Palace Arrival

You're Under Arrest

Escape from Naboo

Intro Darth Maul

Arrival at Tatooine

Running Out of Time

The Sith Spacecraft

Flag Parade

The Race Begins

Anakin Is Free

Darth and Qui-Gon

Coruscant Arrival

Moving Forward

The Gungans

The Armies Face Off

Laser Fight March

Take To Your Ships

The Big Army

The Droid Battle

Up the Wire

Battleship Destroyed

End Title Part II

End Title

Augie's Great Municipal Band

There's no specification as to what exactly the cues are, only that they are all the music that is used in LucasArts' Starfighter game. As you can see, they are mostly in order, so in most places it's pretty easy to tell what goes where.

I took that as slowly fade one in and the other out, and keep messing about with it until you can't hear the transition. Then again that's what I did for most of track 2.

No, no fade. It simply means to overlay one cue onto another. The only case where this has come up in TPM, so far, I don't know the exact mix time. This is because both the end of "Introducing Jar Jar" and the beginning of "Bubble World" were cut from the UE.

Mix/paste means to crossfade like robthehand described it on my cue lists. It doesn't come up often, though. When there is no italic instruction, it simply means to create a segue between the two pieces of music. I usually employ cut and paste for this, but when I find it impossible to create a smooth transition, I mix/paste (crossfade). This can screw with the volume, and sometimes creates phasing effects (strange sounds generated by the simultaneous playback of identical material), so I try to avoid it. Finally, (loop: ____) means to delete the specified section, because it is a looped bar.

I only see the third one...

:angry:

Now it's up. As is Track 5.

No it isn't. The music at the beginning of UE Track 12 is tracked from "Bubble World." That means, yes, there is no clean beginning to "Theed Palace Arrival" (track 12). A Galaxies track has a bit of it... but it may be a few days before the next track is up; I just started school and am a little busy.

Can anyone PM or e-mail me the following music:

On the Conveyor Belt

All of the music from EPI Insider's Guide, EPI Racer, RC, BH, GBS, GAL + both EXPs, TPM UE, JPB, SotE OST, and 2nd disk of RotJ SE OST.

A very big thanks in advance.

Dvader why don't you actually BUY the actual CD's for the Star Wars scores? The OST's for Ep I-III, the Ultimate Edition for TPM and the 2-disc sets for the OT scores. They are still in print. Go buy them at a store or on Amazon. Don't ask people to pm you with mp3 versions of it because it won't happen.

I have TPM OST, AotC OST (non-Target version), RotS OST, ANH SE OST, TESB OST, the 4th Anthology CD, the Concert CD, the music from TPM VG, and the music from CD1 of the RotJ SE OST.

The CDs/OSTs were all gifts. The RotJ SE CD1 was a download.