Sheet Music from original Star Wars

codanai

I haven't heard it mentioned yet, so I thought I would. Has anyone heard about Hollywood auctioning off original sheet music, handwritten for cello and 2nd violins, from the first Star Wars? I don't think it's handwritten by Williams himself, but he at least penciled in some alterations to the parts.

You can buy the two parts for the Main Title theme, Princess Leia’s Theme, Here They Come, The Little People, the Cantina Band, and The Throne Room & End Title.

Starting bid is $3000-$5000.

If I weren't stinkin' poor then I'd be on this in a second!!

For those interested, go to the link to download the pdf file and then go to page 8 (it says Page 58 on the actual page):

http://www.profilesinhistory.com/louImages...pages51-100.pdf

Props to whoever gets them!

Am I crazy to be willing to pay thousands of dollars for sheet music from the ORIGINAL STAR WARS, used by Williams and the London Symphony? Pieces of history?? Come on, man! :)

It's not the ACTUAL sheet music used by John Williams to conduct the orchestra. That is, it doesn't have the full orchestra. I'd sell my left arm for that.

• 14 years later...
On 7/11/2005 at 4:58 PM, codanai said:

Starting bid is $3000-$5000.

Anyone happen to know what ever came of this? I sure hope no one paid that kind of money for these. I took a look and the parts are not ones from the original sessions, but just a handwritten version of the first Star Wars suite. The original main title parts would have the (ultimately unused) quarter note pickup into measure 1.

I guess this was used before Fox Fanfare Music published the first typeset version?

10 hours ago, Dieter Stark said:

I spent my life savings on it back in 2005. 

Aww, that's a shame! Should have spent those life savings to get The BFG FYC...