What is the last score you listened to?

HPFAN_2

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

This requires a lot of time to listen all the way through, but it's worth it. Everytime I listen there's something else to enjoy. I love the small appearances of the Gondor themes.

Aliens

I wasn't really paying attention when I had this playing, but man, it's become cliché trailer music, but I still get excited everytime Bishop's Countdown starts.

Backdraft

A good score by Hans Zimmer, that's over before you know it (the full CD runs only half an hour). Too bad the songs are cheesy as hell.

Gladiator

This score has great parts, but The Battle and Barbarian Horde gave me a headache. Bloody synths.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Across The Sea Of Time - John Barry

Nothing special or ground breaking but just music you can sit back and relax to and enjoy.

The Chorus (Les Choristes) by Bruno Coulais. A very Finding Neverland esqe score that's actually not half bad. Some beautiful cues in here.

Corpse Bride by Danny Elfman. A very fun score. Although I find myself drawn to the songs more than the score. Not as good as Night Before Christmas but still a find entry.

Justin

The Blue Planet by George Fenton.  Not quite through it yet, I'm still listening to it as I type these words, but it's rather enjoyable.

And it keeps getting better every time you listen to it for the first few weeks. I also recommend Deep Blue, some different cues, some similar ones, but even the action cues are a bit spiced up, and better played of course.

Marian - who must hear more Coulais.

The Chorus (Les Choristes) by Bruno Coulais. A very Finding Neverland esqe score that's actually not half bad. Some beautiful cues in here.

I'm still entranced by the main song.

Corpse Bride by Danny Elfman. A very fun score. Although I find myself drawn to the songs more than the score. Not as good as Night Before Christmas but still a find entry.

I am drawn more to he songs...but I can't get enough of that theme. Wonderful theme, one of Elfman's finest.

Across The Sea Of Time - John Barry

Nothing special or ground breaking but just music you can sit back and relax to and enjoy.

Eternal Echoes-John Barry.

Same comment as above

K.M.

Just listened to Sommersby in what seems like forever. I'm not sure why I haven't put this in the ol' CD player in so long, but it's a beautiful score.

Tim :| "Reprise" from Spirited Away

I'm starting to listen to the 2-disc expanded set for X-2: X-Men United by John Ottman. I haven't listened to this score in a while...thought I'd give it a listen.

It sucks though that there is still quite a bit of music not with the score...

I am drawn more to he songs...but I can't get enough of that theme. Wonderful theme, one of Elfman's finest.

It's a terrific score, I can't believe that crap "It's hard being a pimp" or whatever it's called won the Oscar for best song when "Remains of the Day" wasn't even nominated. The main theme is probably the most beautiful theme Elfman has composed. BTW there are some good variations of the theme not on the OST that can be heard on the DVD with the isolated music track (for example when Scraps appears for the first time), it makes me wish all DVDs had this feature.

Goldsmith's ST First Contact. I terrific ST score and the First Contact theme is the definite highlight. I had not listened to it in a long time and I had forgotten how good this score actually is.

I saw Memoirs of a Geisha last night and now I am more sure than ever that Williams should have won the Oscar for the score. It was so integral part of the film. And Williams' music blended seamlessly with the actual ethnic music so that it was almost impossible to say where the score ended and where the traditional Japanese music began. A truly great score. Moving, evocative and beautiful.

I was curious about the Tombstone score. Intrada just released an "Expanded" release with 2 discs (it has some alternates and the theater music, which seems kinda unnecessary to include), and I was wondering if the score is any good. I remember it in the movie, and remember liking it, but how is it overall?

Tim

Lost In Space (The Movie) by Bruce Broughton. I listened to this early this morning before I went to bed. It's definitely a score that I really find enjoyable.

All though I am still a tad disappointed Intrada didn't release all the music to the score, since there is some bits still missing. However at the same time I'm greatful for the music that we have that wasn't on the piss poor so called 'album' CD.

Goldsmith's ST First Contact. I terrific ST score and the First Contact theme is the definite highlight. I had not listened to it in a long time and I had forgotten how good this score actually is.

Indeed I too find it enjoyable and one of my favorite Star Trek scores, having the full score does help too. I've got the full 30 track version which is awesome and definitely out-beats the short OST.

*=Music by Jerry Goldsmith

**=Music by Joel Goldsmith

01- Main Title (2:52)*

02- Locutus (1:29)**

03- The Enterprise-E (0:27)*

04- Battle Watch (1:10)**

05- Red Alert (2:13)*

06- Temporal Wake (2:06)*

07- April 4th, 2063 (1:44)*

08- The Phoenix (1:01)**

09- First Sign Of Borg (0:25)*

10- 39.1 Degrees Celcius (4:45)**

11- Approaching Engineering (1:50)**

12- Retreat (4:00)**

13- The Borg Queen (1:32)*

14- Assimilation (1:00)**

15- Welcome Aboard (2:40)*

16- The Gift Of Flesh (1:03)*

17- Definitely Not Swedish (1:25)*

18- Watch Your Caboos, Dix (1:32)*

19- Fully Functional (3:19)*

20- The Dish (7:13)*

21- Bridge Argument (1:55)*

22- A Quest For Vengeance (2:40)*

23- Evacuate (2:21)*

24- The Escape Pods (2:51)*

25- All The Time (1:03)*

26- The Starship Chase (3:00)**

27- Resistance Is Futile (1:46)**

28- Victory Over The Borg (1:35)**

29- First Contact (6:01)*

30- End Credits (5:25)*

I rediscovered A.I. yesterday. I had it on a loop for the better part of the afternoon. A gorgeous score.

- Marc, who needs to get his hands on the Oscar promo.

I rediscovered A.I. yesterday. I had it on a loop for the better part of the afternoon. A gorgeous score.

The Academy Promo is really worth hearing. The unreleased music is gorgeous and adds tremendously to the depth of the score. If fact I do not listen to the original album anymore. The score is simply one of the best Williams has composed in recent years.

I dunno.

All I know is as long as they continue with their great releases they could change their name to PooPoo.

Hopefully Goldsmith's Breakheart Pass will be up for pre-ordering soon.

The Fury

Could it be? Is this score finally growing on me? I don't remember enjoying it this much before. Maybe it's because I just watched The Omen.

It's definitely good, though. I'll have to listen to it some more this week.

- Marc, who needs to see the film.

The Fury

Could it be? Is this score finally growing on me? I don't remember enjoying it this much before. Maybe it's because I just watched The Omen.

The Dutch still stand a chance! :P

I found the score good before I saw the film. Since seeing it, I find it to be among the best things of all time.

See the film for De Palma, Kirk Douglas, Amy Irving :), Gillian's Escape, the vision scenes, the Holst-ish night scene in the staircase,...

Marian - who thinks the carousel music actually works far better on CD than in the film (where it isn't mixed too loud, and the scene isn't that great either).

See the film for De Palma, Kirk Douglas, Amy Irving :P, Gillian's Escape, the vision scenes, the Holst-ish night scene in the staircase,...

And be crushingly dissapointed when only 3 or 4 scenes in the film really deserve the kind of score the film recieved. The film is overall not a good one, and I try to forget it when listening to the score.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings (Complete Recordings)

Other than my complete set of Episode III, this has gotten the most play time with me since its release. It's got a bit too much generic underscore and some flat action cues (Flight to the Ford springs to mind) in between the great moments for me to call it a total masterpiece, but the great moments are definately there.

Still my favorite Rings score, but RotK has been growing on me. We'll see how I feel after the complete RotK comes out.

Marian - who thinks the carousel music actually works far better on CD than in the film (where it isn't mixed too loud, and the scene isn't that great either).

i'll definitely second that, i haven't even seen the film and i think the carousel music is really frightening especially towards the end when its mixed with regular orchestra music

El Cid is an amazing score. In probably Rosza's top three.

Justin - Who needs to listen to King of Kings again.

I agree. El Cid is an amazing score. The love theme is simply gorgeous.

gave my new Skywalker Symphony CD (got it off ebay and arrived today!) a spin. glad to say i love it. :)

Yay! :P

Night Crossing -- Goldsmith

Ranks very highly on my most-listened-to list, even higher on my most-enjoyed list...

Fantastic score, among Goldsmith's best. Horner must like it as well.

Marian - :thumbup:

Listened to Batman Begins. I don't care what people say, Corynorhinus and Molossus are two utterly fantastic tracks.

Night Crossing -- Goldsmith

Ranks very highly on my most-listened-to list, even higher on my most-enjoyed list...

Fantastic score, among Goldsmith's best. Horner must like it as well.

Marian - :P

thanks for reminding me of that malfunctionning library c.d.

k.M.Who almost heard this score.

The Academy Promo is really worth hearing. The unreleased music is gorgeous and adds tremendously to the depth of the score. If fact I do not listen to the original album anymore. The score is simply one of the best Williams has composed in recent years.

how do u get ur hands on the Promo?

I just got done listening to the full score for Independence Day. Such a damn good score by David Arnold. It's another one I think should get a full proper legit release.

how do u get ur hands on the Promo?

Well I do not have the real pressed CDs of the Promo myself, just the mp3s . I found them in one of the music sharing programmes. They are a good place to start the search.

:| Revenge of the Sith: Anakin's Betrayal