What is the last score you listened to?

HPFAN_2

Very much influenced by Stravinsky, but that doesn't hurt it. This is an album I thought we'd never have. Remind me to never listen to the supposed "experts" again.

I've always wanted this music and now I have. It's a stuning release.

Neil

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Endured Goldeneye for the last time.

I read it had bond's theme in some cues, and i didnt remember it. I was expecting the original recording...

THE SHAME!

;):wave::pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

I've been listening to Horner's Legends of the Fall a lot recently. There's really not much distinctive about it, but there's just something to it that keeps drawing me back. There are numerous broad, moving themes and I can't help but envision the prairie when listening to it. Does the film take place in such a location?

Ray Barnsbury

The Fury (original album version)

Neil

Just listened to that as well on the way to work this morning. That For Gillian is something isn't it?

For Gillian is something isn't it?

That is exactly what I was thinking. I think that could be the purest John Williams cue. It is distinctly his own. It's probably the ideal piece that one should use to introduce John Williams to people.

Neil

That is exactly what I was thinking. I think that could be the purest John Williams cue. It is distinctly his own. It's probably the ideal piece that one should use to introduce John Williams to people.

Neil

It's a gorgeous piece, a scherzo brilliantly orchestrated and performed with amazing grace by LSO. It's one of my favourite Williams' scherzos! Well, I happen to like all of them... but this one is truly special. :nono:

Neil

It's a gorgeous piece, a scherzo brilliantly orchestrated and performed with amazing grace by LSO. It's one of my favourite Williams' scherzos! Well, I happen to like all of them... but this one is truly special. :nono:

Agreed. I'd say I'm familiar with maybe 85% of Williams music and this cue is one of those that just totally comes out of no where in a very enjoyable way.

Jaws 2. I finally got a copy the other day and I do emphasize the word copy. Listened to it several times now and I absolutely love it. It's almost like listening to unused cues from Superman, Close Encounters and Star Wars. Too bad it took me so long to come across.

Indeed I would.

Last score I listened to was Under Fire, while taking out my dog. It's one of Jerry's finest scores, positively brilliant in the movie. On the album, it's kind of spotty, but some of Jerry's absolute best cues are on there, most notably the wonderful 'Bajo Fuego', which I think is Jerry's single most infectious piece of music.

Yes, they tend to be. He's got some real fun ones, like Mars Attacks!, Beetlejuice, Men In Black, Planet of the Apes, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, some solid and appropriate ones, like Good Will Hunting, Big Fish, Spiderman, Sleepy Hollow, and then he's got some of the all time greats (IMO, of course)- like Batman, Black Beauty and Red Dragon.

Yes, they tend to be. He's got some real fun ones, like Mars Attacks!, Beetlejuice, Men In Black, Planet of the Apes, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, some solid and appropriate ones, like Good Will Hunting, Big Fish, Spiderman, Sleepy Hollow, and then he's got some of the all time greats (IMO, of course)- like Batman, Black Beauty and Red Dragon.

I assume your omission of the Edward Scissorhands main titles was merely an oversight.

Ray Barnsbury

I FINALLY got a Rhino Edition 2-disc set for Superman, came in the mail. The one I bought from ebay ended up being the single disc set. Oh well. I'm listening to the Rhino Edition right now, playing the Main Theme, gotta love it...hehe. :wave:

More than any of the other fantastic expansions on the set, the full main title is IMO the real gem of the set. That opening, before the theme kicks in, is just wonderful.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, including Farewell to Lórien. I'm looking forward to the complete releases of the LotR scores.

Any idea when that will be?

I listened to Veronica Guerin. A fine outing by Harry, and a rare score with subtle Irish influences, instead of banging you over the head with theme. The highlight of the album is the beautiful, beautiful 'Bad News'. You don't hear something like that every day, especialy not on a soundtrack. The singing is beautiful, and Harry's deft accompaniement and expansion on it is also wonderful.

Last score I listened to was Pinno Donaggio's Carrie. I bought this right after seeing the movie, and I liked it, but didn't really appreciate it. I sure do now. A great score. Carrie's Theme is a beautiful theme. The religioso theme for her mother is fantastic, not what you'd expect for the character. I love how at the mother's most violent moment he doesn't do something stereotypical like unleashing the string, he goes into this stunning piano motif. But my favorite cue has to be 'Sue's Dream'. The way he brings back the string motif from the dance is great. It's certainly fun in a macabre way, but it's more than that, as Jeff Bond very correctly points out in his liner notes. As he said, the music is "essentially sympathetic to Carrie, conjuring up the viciousness of her classmates' prank more than the danger of Carrie's supernatural abilities".

I listened to The Fury, and now I'm finishing up The Witches of Eastwick.

Is it just me, or is Eastwick incredibly awesome? I mean, I feel like it's underrated. No one ever bashes it, but I don't really hear it praised as much as some of JW other great scores. I'm sure the rarity of the OST has something to do with that. But man, this is some great stuff!

:| End Title, Witches of Eastwick

1941 (Often overlooked gem.)

The Phantom Menace UE (Despite the bad release the music is superb. And underated member, IMO, and the best of the prequels.)

NP: Finding Neverland, Wonderful score. I always enjoy it.

Justin

I have in my 6 disc changer:

Alex North's The Agony & The Ecstasy

Elmer Bernstein's The Hallelujah Trail

Alex North's The Wonderful Country

Franz Waxman's The Story Of Ruth

Jerry Goldsmith's The Chairman

Patrick Doyle's Dead Again

Today I listened to War Of The Worlds, Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, and then couldn't decide; and listened to the main title from Superman and The Raiders March. After a couple hours, I came back and listened to CE3K again, and then finally The Empire Strikes Back. I'm really liking CE3K....

ttbk, not sure what to listen to next...maybe Patton...

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 2 cd bootleg.

Man, there is some great stuff in here. You really acompany the characters on their travels. This is a listening experience as enjoyable as they can get, even with the bad sound quality. Some great uses of the Nazi march, several standout tracks (like Berlin Air Terminal, The Pen is Mightier than the Sword, The legend of the Holy Grail) and one of the best unreleased tracks ever: The Power of the Grail. The rendition of the Grail theme in this track is simply awe-inspiring. What a great theme this is. One of JW's all time best.

Varese Sarabande: A 25th Anniversary Celebration

(Young Indiana Jones Chronicles - Laurence Rosenthal)

Justin - Who got that today for his Birthday. :folder:

And a happy birthday to you then. beerchug

I listened to E.T. yesterday. It's still gorgeous. :|