Superman II covers FINISHED

Luke Skywalker

Im making Superman II covers that look alike the Rhino 2Cd release.

What front cover do you prefer?

supermanIIfrontcorrected.jpg

(EDIT: Fixxed font, now it is accurate and with black shadow and better bottom without WTC top)

SupermanIIalternatefront.jpg

I prefer the 1st one but the 'music by...' is too small...

I wrote

Music composed by John Williams

Arranged, orchestrated and conducted by ken Thorne

Is this correct? any suggestions?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the first one is better - pity about the "composed by" though. Strictly speaking, I think the credits are "Music composed and conducted by Ken Thorne, based on themes by John Williams", but it's up to you.

I would make the back cover like it is on the Rhino release.

Great work......yes I prefer the first cover.....and also think that you should do a very similar piece of work for the Superman II + III CD..... 8O

Since III is not that great... I was going to put the III tracks as Bonus tracks to the score of II....

I want to put the best music credots, but i read an interview with thorne and said the mostly just arranged the music to fit a smaller orchestra and the images...

Pretty nifty work there on the pic of Zod & Co. I had no idea it was edited until I saw the second pic.

One minor thing, though. I'd remove the tops of the WTC buildings from the first cover, only because it doesn't look right just having the very tops on there with no other buildings.

Here are the Completed Covers thugh my last question still needs to be answered.

Front Cover:

superman2front.jpg

Front Cover Inside:

Supeman2Inside.jpg

Back Cover (Superman II & III):

SupermanIIandIIIback.jpg

Enjoy :spiny: (tell me if there are typos, please)

The only CD-R scores I have are for my promo's and bootlegs. I need to sometime have someone make covers for them as well as the picture CD's. I perfer to have it on a CD because an Mp3 can degrade over time..

I like to have covers. I find it more attractive to pick up the cd and play it that way. Sounds odd, but it's true.

I agree. For example, when I look through my CD collection, I'm much more likely to choose a covered CD than one that is without. That's why I'm trying to make covers for Yared's Troy. Without them, it's just a plain CD with "Troy Rejected Film Order - Gabriel Yared" markered on the top. With (my preliminary) covers, it makes you expect the epic sound of the score and anticipate it before you put it in.

I mean I almost don't use my stereo system anymore.

Most of my listening is on my PC over headphones,or on my ipod,so I haven't used a c.d. as such in a year or so.I still want c.d.'s so I can choose which bit rate and file type to rip them to my PC.

K.M.

I see one typo. You have every word capitalized in your track titles except for "Release of the Villains".

I have not updated the cover still, in case there is more tinkering to do.

When the thread just says FINISHED, they will be :)

The only CD-R scores I have are for my promo's and bootlegs.  I need to sometime have someone make covers for them as well as the picture CD's.  I perfer to have it on a CD because an Mp3 can degrade over time..

I'm sorry that's the silliest thing I have heard.

An MP3 is computer data, as long as the medium you store it on doesn't deteriote, nothing will happen to the file.

The only CD-R scores I have are for my promo's and bootlegs.  I need to sometime have someone make covers for them as well as the picture CD's.  I perfer to have it on a CD because an Mp3 can degrade over time..

I'm sorry that's the silliest thing I have heard.

An MP3 is computer data, as long as the medium you store it on doesn't deteriote, nothing will happen to the file.

Now the real question is, why would you store music in MP3 form?

:music: 02 - Main Titles-South America, 1936.wav

Ok, now the 'deluxe edition':

Superman II Recording Sessions (2 CD version):

SupermanII2CDback.jpg

Superman II Recording Sessions (1 CD version):

SupermanII1CDback.jpg

All Finished, but if there is still any error, dont doubt to tell me :music:

Enjoy!

• 2 years later...

Since the Blue Box has been released, and trentman game me an idea of making itunes front covers for all the movies in the old fashion.

Enjoy lucky people who have the Blue box :sigh:

supermanThemoviefront.jpg

supermanIIfrontcomplete.jpg

supermanIIIfront.jpg

SupermanIVFrontwithtitles.jpg

The quality of the jpeg is not exceptional.. and photobucket has resized...but for itunes or other media player will suffice, i think.

One of my ongoing projects is to make a personal Superman IV CD, like it was suposed to have came out back in '88. I've already started working on covers for that one, but have been having some trouble finding high quality scans of the original poster.

I don't like how Pryor is cut off on the Superman III cover, it doesn't look right.

I use the OST covers for the Superman scores and for IV I made one from the movie poster and added black borders to the sides, kind of like Jaws.

supermani.th.jpg

supermanii.th.jpg

supermaniii.th.gif

Superman_iv.th.jpg

I don't like how Pryor is cut off on the Superman III cover, it doesn't look right.

He should not have appeared (in Superman arms...how gay is that...) in the first time... ;)

I could not do better with the DVD cover....

Nice one Skywalker...and once again, I call for a new section to the site where items such as this can be posted and indexed to make them easy to find.....there is a lot of good artwork by yourself and others (Miguel in particular) around these parts that many will never have seen - and that is a real shame.

Greg

He should not have appeared (in Superman arms...how gay is that...) in the first time... ;)

Now that you say... lol looks cute :lol:

and by the way... Nice work :P I'm using this from now...

Well you can put the alternates and songs as parts of their respective scores :)

And the pics from the cartoons are scarce, and they dont have a DVD layout like the movies...

Sometimes I think why not put the new FSM score releases in individual jewel cases with new covers instead of those quadruple jewel cases,but then what do you do with the book and the slieve..

k.M.In a storage dilemna

• 2 weeks later...

HI, i just decided to give it a try make a itunes cover of the discs 7 and 8 of the Blue box

I need the equivalent to 'original motion picture soundtrack' for the cartoons.

Original Television soundtrack?

Original animated series soundtrack?

Original cartoon soundtrack?

I dont have a clue

OK here is the bonus disc for itunes.

I used the Blue box cover... Its cool (and somebody may have missed it) and fitting for this several movies cues CD.

Its cheap for my part... but i thought that covers deserved a place :lol: afterall its the original

supermanthemusicfront.jpg

Still waiting for the info on the cartoon. The cover is finished, i only have to write that text. :baaa: