Target Exclusive Best of Star Wars CD

ST-321

Neil you are kidding right?

You said you werent buying it at target for this CD and now it a good mix?

Luke, please slow down and actually read and comprehend my posts instead of trying to twist everything I say in an attempt to make me look bad. You do it quite often and it's rather annoying.

Neil

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil you are kidding right?

You said you werent buying it at target for this CD and now it a good mix?

Luke, please slow down and actually read and comprehend my posts instead of trying to twist everything I say in an attempt to make me look bad. You do it quite often and it's rather annoying.

Neil

Well look that way I sound annoying, but if you do not quote that i asked for smilies so i can comprenhend better if you are joking or not... its 'false advertising'.

And i just joke, and i dont think people think leser than you for my posts...

BTW, you do this sometimes and i may had learnt it from you... (example: when you quoted KM saying AOTC DVD rip was shit and you tergiversed it as the movie and ROTS were crap...)

I'll try to behave next time.

Those selections are indeed pathetic.

You're kidding, right? You want another CD filled with the same old tired concert pieces? This is actually a nice mix (I'm thrilled the "General Grievous" cue is on there) and a refreshing change. "The Throne Room" isn't even on it!

Neil

No I wasn't.

Then what would you like to hear on a Star Wars compilation album?

Neil

It depends on what the purpose for the compliation cd serves. If one is looking at this as music for fans like ourselves, then I agree that the selections are interesting and unique.. no arguement there. However, since there is no new music, what's the point to spend $16 on this? The way I look at it is, I'd rather see cliched choices used as an opportunity to reach people who do not own one single piece of music from Star Wars or any other film scores for that matter in attempt to introduce them to a whole new world.

There aren't any credits on this bonus disc, but it sure sounds like Shaun Murphy got his hands on Star Wars. There is now tons of reverb on it...on it...on it...

Neil Neil Neil

Actually, that cd seems to be a nice selection of "non-concert suite" from the scores. No track is repeated between this cd and the musical journey DVD, so I guess they make good complements to the "unitiated".

No track is repeated between this cd and the musical journey DVD

Except they do have the exact same performance of the main titles and "Ben Kenobi's Death/TIE Fighter Attack".

Neil

And since it comes with the ROTS album, you're getting duplicates of "General Grievous", "Anakin's Dark Deeds" and even "The Clash of Lightsabers". :|

Neil

Why Neil, why? Are you that much of a completist? LOL!

I wanted to hear if anything was done to Star Wars. Sadly, I was right. It sounds awful. I now cherish my RCA discs more than ever.

Neil

• 1 month later...

Not that there doesn't seem to be huge backlash against this comp, but I just thought I'd let everyone know:

If any other suckers, like me, exist out there who HAVEN'T picked up the Revenge of the Sith score, my local Target had the 3-discs-packaged-together edition on sale for a measly $9 yesterday!! Needless to say, I DO now own it. ;) But seriously! The score, the dvd, and the corellian compilation disc all for nine bucks! Can't beat that.