Williams to do OotP?

JWfangirl1992

According to IMDB.com John Williams is doing Order of the Phoenix! [[[[does backflip and lands on xmas tree]]]

Moderator's Note: please do not post topic titles and posts in all caps

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ACCORDING TO IMDB.COM JOHN WILLIAMS IS DOING ORDER OF THE PHOENIX! [[[[does backflip and lands on xmas tree]]]

It has "Themes" in brackets next to his name, which means his themes will be use just like GOF turn out to be. Its too early at this time to know who doing to OOTP. No composer hasnt signed up to it yet.

I begin to wonder what info on Williams is legitamate, and which isn't. (CEot3K being at the end of Jurassic Park makes me wonder, though...:roll:)

[[[checks IMdb]]]] it doesnt say that...were you being sarcastic?

Nino Rota, who is well known for scoring The Godfather, is a deceased man. And as someone said above, IMDB takes User submitted entries, so it might just be some upset JW or Potter fan upset that he didn't do GOF.

Well IMDB is just an endless source of misinformation and grief. I hope Williams would do OOTP but we have wait and see for some more reliable source to confirm that. And I did not get my hopes up since I did not have any idea what OOTP stood for untill I read the thread :P

I just can't help feeling that some people here are determined not to like GoF (score) just because JW didn't do it. Forgive me for saying this, but I think some here are just a little too attached to JW.

I personally loved the movie (can't wait for the DVD) and although JW would definitely have done a better job, I do like Doyle's score, despite the repetition, even if not the breakthrough he was maybe hoping for. Several of his themes are in my head at the moment :|

Well I wasn't too keen at first, but most music opens up after a dedicated listen, and this one definitely did.

Reallly john williams will do the music of harry potter 5????????

Have you read any of this page? For the record, I really hope he does though...

You gave me a heart attack with that posting title. Well, here's hoping. I've decided that I like the HP4 soundtrack less than Henry V, which I do like.

It's not bad at all, and one thing it certainly is is beautiful.

Marian - who'd rather have a Williams GOF than a Doyle GOF (though it's still good), but wonders if Doyle couldn't actually contribute more to OOTP than Williams.

Any information from IMDB should not be taken seriously

According to them some fool named Williams scored Star Wars. What tishtoshery!!! :wave:

Justin

Any information from IMDB should not be taken seriously

According to them some fool named Williams scored Star Wars. What tishtoshery!!! :wave:

Justin

Wow they got one fact right ;) Always verify the information from as many sources as possible and do not trust IMDB information since anyone can post there. Of course there is accurate info there (in part) but many things concerning future projects are just rumors.

I just can't help feeling that some people here are determined not to like GoF (score) just because JW didn't do it. Forgive me for saying this, but I think some here are just a little too attached to JW.

I personally loved the movie (can't wait for the DVD) and although JW would definitely have done a better job, I do like Doyle's score, despite the repetition, even if not the breakthrough he was maybe hoping for. Several of his themes are in my head at the moment :wave:

Nope, it's bad even by Doyle standards.

What's amazing. I was listening to Doyle's Frankenstein the other day, and I keot thinking how trully talented a composer he is and how that talent really dint't show on GOF.

Wow Damo, could your sig be any bigger?

No. Thats the biggest I can get.

I just get that POTC 2 trailer (have that trailer pause at that frame) press the "print screen" button on the keyboard and i just edited the screenshot by cropping it.

What's amazing. I was listening to Doyle's Frankenstein the other day, and I keot thinking how trully talented a composer he is and how that talent really dint't show on GOF.

Guys, GOF isn't THAT bad. I agree that Frankenstein is a much better score, but there is really no need for Williams to "re-score" GOF.

Guys, GOF isn't THAT bad. I agree that Frankenstein is a much better score, but there is really no need for Williams to "re-score" GOF.

Why not? Doyle didn't even try improving the film with his score, instead he made it worse than the actual movie! There were so many character moments that really called for Williams' unique style and approach for proper compliment. It seems as if Doyle was forced to be as bland and generic as possible, and for some reason he mysteriously gets five-star reviews for it. Go figure.

By the way, the music for the Quidditch World Cup sequence was beyond embarassing.

Your joking...right? :?

By the way, the music for the Quidditch World Cup sequence was beyond embarassing.

When I first heard it on AOL online...it was beyond embarassing.