'Team of Rivals'

Hunter

Hey I'm new here so if this thread already exsist, sry about that:

Does anyone believe that the music of "Team of Rivals" will be just as good if not better as Schindler's List? And what type of mood will this score set: mornful? intense? Will it be like JFK, Schindler's, Munich, ROTS, etc?

By the way for anyone who doesn't know "Team of Rivals" is Spielberg's next big film starring Liam Neeson, is going to be about Abraham Lincoln. Go here to learn more information about the movie: http://spielbergfilms.com/teamhome.html

Thoughts anyone? :mrgreen:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose it depends on what Spielberg is going to do with it. I don't know the direction in which he plans on going. If it's going to be overly patriotic, then I can imagine something like The Patriot, but if it's going to be an examination on the man, with turmoil and hardships, then maybe something more somber like JFK or Nixon.

Tim

I think it will expand upon Williams' style featured in "Augie's Great Municipal Band." It will not be overly sentimental, but will have just enough whimsy to articulate the great achievements of the tall, mysterious man. Of course, his funeral music will be all like that of Qui-Gon's.

~Conor

I think it will expand upon Williams' style featured in "Augie's Great Municipal Band."  It will not be overly sentimental, but will have just enough whimsy to articulate the great achievements of the tall, mysterious man.  Of course, his funeral music will be all like that of Qui-Gon's.

~Conor

Exactly what I was thinking. Since he was tall and lanky, throw in a little bit of Jar Jar's theme.

Hmm, maybe it'll give Williams the oppourtunity to write something a little lighter and more uplifting than what much of this year has yielded. I'm sure it won't be without its more dramatic moments, but I'd like to hear something along the lines of the patriotic music from Amistad (although an entire album of that would become quickly tiresome and meandering, I suppose).

Ray Barnsbury