Lost

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I notice when it is EXCEPTIONALLY good, or different.

2. Yes, I watch some of it more than once, particularly the Walkabout part, which I've probably seen about 20 times for the music.

The Ghoest- Who used to never watch U.S. TV.

The finale cue from Walkabout is not on the album?

Balls!

No, but the final cue from "Deus Ex Machina", which is almost the same, if not exactly like "Walkabout", is on the album.

• 2 weeks later...

wow! this show really took a huge turn with last nights episode, i'm suprised nobody posted on it. It is totally up in the air as to wether this whole thing is a dream now.

• 1 month later...
wow! this show really took a huge turn with last nights episode, i'm suprised nobody posted on it.  It is totally up in the air as to wether this whole thing is a dream now.

I can't say I'm very pleased with this ending. It's was all kinda predictable too.

Luckily, the "Henry Gale" character rocks! Come to think of it, he sorta saved Season 2.

BTW, why is nobody worried about Walt and his father? Seems like they have all forgotten about them.

How far on are you, Alex? Because that sure doesn't sound like you've seen all the way up to episode 21. :)

Eh, I guess I'm not there yet. My last episode was when Hurley was seeing things (you know, his ol' buddy from the hospital and it ended with the blonde).

Well, that wasn't a bad one. But the best is yet to come, Alex - have faith. Lost will pick up the pace again.

Actually, nothing beats the Sawyer-centric episode where he gets the guns. His character really has brought the show together this last season.

can I post spoilers?

spoilers below

Did they kill off Libby and anna Lucia because they got arrested for drunk driving?

k.M.

ABC said they didn't, both actresses signed for only one season. Lindelof confirmed this.

How dare they leave out the best cue in lost! The walkabout cue is much better than Deus Ex Machina.

The Best Cue, in my opinion, is "Parting Words." The music used when the raft leaves is one of the best cues I've ever heard. I never fail to tear up when I hear it.

I ripped and edited my own version of walkabout from the dvd, but I can still hear some screaming and minor sound effects. Has anyone been able to completely remove sound effects for this cue?

I haven't, really. Mine has very unnoticeable effects, but the volume dips notably in a few places.

mapslip88, You couldn't really do that well even if it's possible, you'd likely damage the sound quality of the instruments also.

You're right. I've experimented with filtering and such, and it does remove too much sound. I guess what I have sounds good enough, but I really wish this cue would have been put on the album.

03 - Discussions concerning film music, movies or music in general are allowed in the General Discussion forum. For topics unrelated to the aforementioned you can use the Other Topics board.

"Legally" speaking Mr. Cosman is right...

But I feel Ricard (or Marc, if you have "the power") should add "Television series/films" to rule #3.

Stefan, stop this nonsense about a mere technically this thread does belong here. Television and film really aren't that different.

Well last night's 2 hr season finale went out with a bang.

******hi-light for Spoilers*******

Desmond may have caused the crash of the airliner. Entering the numbers defuses an electromagnetic pulse that Desmond failed to do the day the airliner crashed. Locke didn't enter the code at the end. The status of Locke, Ekko and Desmond are unknown.

The island does appear to exist in real time. It's not a fantasy place.

Michael betrayed Sawyer, Jack, Hurley and Kate and was reunited with Walt, given a boat and coordinates by the "others" to sail to safety.

Henry may be the leader of the "others".

Hurley was let go but the other three were taken captive.

Charley shared a kiss with Claire

Well last night's 2 hr season finale went out with a bang.

It sure did! Excellent eppy and a terrific cliff-hanger!!!

That was a fast moving episode! Seems like the whole season was just filler until this episode. ;)

In true Lost fashion, the finale leaves more questions than answers. Damn summer break!

Spoiler: lI was rather worried they might have killed off Locke, Eko and Desmond all in one go - pretty much my three favorite characters, especially Locke and Eko, but luckily, this week's podcast revealed we will at least find out how Locke got in his wheelchair, and possibly why Desmond went to prison in season 3.

Have to wait till Ocober! that really stinks, well anyway, the Electromagnetic Force explained alot thank goodness, but still no answers to the monster or buzzing cloud

i guess an aka would have fit better then the or, lol. Oops, I think I missread the post two posts above mine, so if thats not when the new season starts, then whats October 3rd?

Spoilers!!

Some themes from the Soundtrack:

'Monster' motif: Track 15, all; Track 25, 0:45-1:07,

Locke 1 ("The Knife Guy"): Track 9 all; Later in the same episode as Locke hunts the boar.

Locke 2 ("Don't Tell Me..."): Track 19; also at the end of 'Walkabout.'

Kate's theme: Track 23, all. S2, when she kisses Jack.

Claire's theme: Track 16; Track 18.

Trombone Blowout: Obvious. Peppered throughout the CD and show, prominantly at the end of Track 19, and the end of track 27.

Life and Death: Track 20; Track 27, 1:31-4:40 (~).

?: Track 8, 0:35-0:43; the End Credits from every episode; the beginning of the first Dharma orientation tape (S2).

? (hope?) motif: Track 2: 0:01-0:06, 1:09-1:15; Track 26, 5:21-end; Track 27, 5:31-5:35

? (through the flames?): Track 4; Track 7.

? (oddity?): Track 2, 1:19-1:50; Track 27, 5:42-5:55.

Possibilities, possibly tracked:

Rescue motif? Track 3, all; When Jack dives to save drowning Joanna.

Trek motif? Track 6; When the group sets out for the Black Rock. (S1 finale)

More later, maybe. Thoughts?

There's also some thematic material not on the OST. Charlie's theme isn't on there, and I don't think the "mystery motif" is on there. It's a motif often heard when they're dealing with mysterious parts of the island, such as the hatch or the Dark Territory.

Cool finale indeed. i think it was not till the last 5 o 6 episodes till they realy got back the Lost feeling of the first season. And they got it right in the finale again.

I first picked it up when it was associated to Kate. But I think it has to do more with Sun, actually.

The finale was excellent. For the first time ever watching a season finale, I was surprised by how much time there was left in the episode after an possible cliffhanger showed up. Desmond's flashack was great in a true Lost fashion: emotional and yet informative in a seemingly roundabout way. Very clever.

Tomorrow it'll be a week since I first saw it and I'm still taking time for the episode to sink in.

Interesting interview with Giacchino about 'Lost' here. Also features interview with '24's' Sean Callery.

• 2 months later...

My thoughts on the last few episodes of LOST (contains minor spoilers):

- Michael's (dad of Walt) return is fantastic. Where's my son!!!.

- As always, Henry is great. He still saved the whole friggin season.

- Bernard's episode was quite moving. A good actor he sure is.

- Locke is losing his cool. Damn, he used to be my favorite character.

- Mr. Eko likes pushing buttons. WTF?

- The Japanese guy on the tape is priceless. This is what Lost is all about!

- I knew the original button pusher would be back!

- The last episode was very tense but to me it ended with a downer.

- Looking forward to season III.

Alex

• 1 month later...