Lost

Mr. Breathmask

I just accidentally read some spoilers.... well, these aren't actual spoilers, in as such that the answers are not revealed... I just read a list of what questions WILL be answered definitely in the next 7 episodes (there are no spoilers at all out there for the 2 hour finale as far as i know)

The questions that will be answered definitely on the show before the finale are:

-What the whispers are

-Why/how the MIB can turn into smoke

-Who Adam and Eve are

-How the frozen donkey wheel came to exist

-How Jacob and MIB came to the island

-How the rules were decided

-How you become a protector of the island

I also accidentally learned the identity of the young boy MIB and Sawyer saw but Richard couldn't. Don't click if you don't want to know! Be sure not to spoil for others!

It's young Jacob

I think it's about time I stop browsing the web for anything LOST related until after May 23rd :lol:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been pretty obvious that the whispers were the Others. The mystery is why the hell they are whispering backwards and how they can seemingly transport wherever they like on the Island; as well as why they said some of the things they said. For instance, when Shannon saw Walt (had to have been the Smoke though), he said "Don't push the button, the button is bad" in reference to the hatch.

I think that was actually Walt. He had been known to be to able to "appear where he wasn't supposed to be", and I think in that instance he was unconsciously astrally projecting himself in the jungle. It wasn't the same as the other apparitions on the island, who were all dead people and (if I'm not mistaken) didn't speak backwards.

Are you just gonna brag, or at least make us miserable by saying "Yeah...it was awesome/terrible...but you can't see it for 30 minutes?"

well,it was one of these episodes building to something that may or may not be awesome next week.Nothing really moved forward in terms of plot

Pretty good, but like KM said, another set-up episode. I think we should just start to expect the next couple of episodes to be the same, and then we'll get full blown LOST awesomeness in the final hours of the series.

Decent enough episode, with at least one whopper of a hint as to exactly what the nature of the flash-sideways plotline represents.

I forget sometimes (A) how good an actor Yunjin Kim is and (B) how hot a woman Yunjin Kim is. I loved everything she did in this episode.

However, I have to say ... having Sun conk herself on the head and forget how to speak English is a plot development so silly that it is like an invasion from a different, much worse, series. Seriously...? She forgets how to speak English...? Yeesh. (Yes, I know it happens in real life. I don't care. It's a stupid, stupid, stupid plot development.)

(B) how hot a woman Yunjin Kim

No boobies.

mellow.gif

The new episode clearly showed that she has boobies.

Decent enough episode, with at least one whopper of a hint as to exactly what the nature of the flash-sideways plotline represents.

What was the hint?

When Widmore was talking to Jin about the ramifications of the Man In Black getting off the island, he said something along the lines of "if he gets off the island, Ji Yeon will cease to exist." That's not an exact quote, but whatever the quote was, it did not include the word "die." Widmore didn't say Jin's daughter would die, he said she would cease to exist -- which could well mean that reality would be reshuffled in some way, and that in that reshuffling, some people might not make the transition.

Granted, the flash-sideways stories have mostly not felt like the type of reality in which some sort of Ultimate Evil has been allowed to hold sway. But if the MiB is not, in fact, as evil as Jacob has been leading people to believe -- and he might not be -- then this might actually fit.

I could be way off-base, but then again, I might not be; could we be seeing the MiB successfully get off the island at some point in the next few episodes, and the show then transition over entirely to the flash-sideways world?

Must have gotten them done.

Cause before that, she walked in the room and the walls were getting jealous.

Compared to Heidi Montag, maybe; otherwise, I'm not sure what you're smoking.

However, I have to say ... having Sun conk herself on the head and forget how to speak English is a plot development so silly that it is like an invasion from a different, much worse, series. Seriously...? She forgets how to speak English...? Yeesh. (Yes, I know it happens in real life. I don't care. It's a stupid, stupid, stupid plot development.)

Yes, that pissed me off as well. It's about on the level of the whole Teri-gets-amnesia-because-when-you're-in-deep-shock-that-can-really-happen-you-know subplot from 24's first season. Blegh. They have eight hours left. Why are they wasting time with this dumb development? Lame.

Yes, that pissed me off as well. It's about on the level of the whole Teri-gets-amnesia-because-when-you're-in-deep-shock-that-can-really-happen-you-know subplot from 24's first season. Blegh. They have eight hours left. Why are they wasting time with this dumb development? Lame.

Initially I rolled my eyes at that, but now I'm thinking it has more meaning than just a plot contrivance. Some have said it's evidence that the timelines are merging, since Sun can't speak English in the sideways.

Initially I rolled my eyes at that, but now I'm thinking it has more meaning than just a plot contrivance. Some have said it's evidence that the timelines are merging, since Sun can't speak English in the sideways.

Damn! Another "should have figured it out instantly" thing I have missed!

Things are definitely not that rosy in the flash sideways.

Sayid did not even help Jin much, and his first impulse even actually was to walk away. However obvious it was that he, too, was a victim of the guys who had assaulted his brother and threatened his family, Sayid just left him there and showed nearly as much indifference as the contaminated Sayid, who said he could no longer feel.

Huh, I assumed it must be something MiB did to her after she knocked herself out. But I don't know.

I wasn't too bothered by it. I thought it was more ridiculous that she ran into a tree. Honestly, who does that?

I'll go ahead and add to what Bryant said earlier, I forgot how good of an actress Yunjim Kim is, and how hot she is. The part where she yells at Richard was great.

I don't think that makes any sense. I don't think the world being reshaped would be a gradual process; it would (probably) just happen.

Also, it's clear from the episode that it was running into the tree that caused the language-loss.

Would I be surprised, though, if the writers have a curve-ball of some sort based around this plot developemnt...? Not at all.

I don't think that makes any sense. I don't think the world being reshaped would be a gradual process; it would (probably) just happen.

Also, it's clear from the episode that it was running into the tree that caused the language-loss.

Would I be surprised, though, if the writers have a curve-ball of some sort based around this plot developemnt...? Not at all.

It's not what caused the language-loss that matters, it's only that Sun now can't speak English in either timeline. Some subtle signs of the merger has already been noted, like how Jack suddenly got an appendix scar that he didn't know he had and the passing knowing glances that a few characters have given each other. Of course I could be totally off, but I'm certain there's more to it. I doubt the writers would throw something as absurd as that (and even comment on the ridiculousness of it) without it leading towards something vital

Hmmm, I wouldn't discount that theory. Think of time like a river, continuously flowing. If you chucked a large rock in that stream the water would ripple in every direction and not just the direction the river flows.. An event as cataclysmic as the one these characters are predicting could affect the past, present and future - even if it hasn't happened yet. It sounds confusing, but it's an interesting idea. These little signs and convergences could be ripples of something big that's going to happen.

Well, Jack explained the most logical reason for Sun's language turnaround but that's just his conclusion presented with what he saw, but that's not necessariyl what happened. I have a feeling it has something to do with the converging too. Still waiting for sideways Juliet and Sawyer to meet and go out for coffee, which was hinted at in LA X.

Season 1, episode 6. This first Jin/Sun episode is very interesting when contrasted with the most recent episode. Also Adam & Eve, who will supposedly have a part to play in the last season, one of them with Jacob and Esau's black and white stones. Old news to everyone else, but I'd forgotten all this. Very fun the second time around.

I thought "The Package" was...not bad. Yes, the whole Sun-losing-her-English thing was ridiculous...but it actually felt kinda like old-school Lost. It also felt kinda like Heroes, which is scary, and not in a good way, but hopefully it'll be short-lived...or it will have been caused by the MiB. That thought occurred to me, as well.

What I liked about this episode was seeing Sun have a bigger and more interesting role, hearing Sawyer and Locke's hilarious interchange about being able to just fly over the water, and perhaps most of all, getting a real flavor of old-school Jack. The way he was talking to Sun on the beach at night...it was totally S1! And that's a very good thing! Jack has annoyed me for so long that it was really a pleasure to see him acting the way he used to...and with the main theme playing tenderly in the background, no less! :D That was almost too much. And it gives me hope for Jack in the show's final hours...which might just make the last two years of annoyingness worth it.

I finally saw The Package last night. I don't get why everyone is calling it "just a set-up episode". I thought it was great!

For the first time ALL season, the ENTIRE main cast was actually in the same episode together! Even Desmond! All they all had lines! Well, Desmond didn't.

The face-off between the MIB and Widmore was great. "A wise man once said that a war was coming to the island" - That's exactly what Widmore said to Locke after rescuing him from Tunisia. So did Widmore know all along that he'd be one side of the war?

Actually, the war right now seems to be Locke/Claire vs everyone else. I mean even though Sawyer and Kate (and until recently Jin) are in his camp none of them are really on his side. I wonder what he'll do to get the numbers in his favor? It's like 20 against 2 right now.

Yea Sun losing her ability to speak English was dumb, but maybe it will pay off in some interesting way in a future episode. I'll wait it out for now

What WAS annoying was the advertisment for V that ran in the corner the ENTIRE time. It obscure Sun's notepad a few times! WTF was that!

I don't get what ya'll are trying to say about Sun not knowing English is both timelines is an indication of them merging. Huh? The sideways timeline is different. In the main timeline, Sun was married to Jin but wanted to escape, so taught herself English as a means to do so. In the sideways, they are happily in love. So she had no reason to teach herself English.

What's going on in September 2004 in the sideways should have nothing to do with what's going on in late 2007 in the main.

What I liked about this episode was seeing Sun have a bigger and more interesting role, hearing Sawyer and Locke's hilarious interchange about being able to just fly over the water, and perhaps most of all, getting a real flavor of old-school Jack. The way he was talking to Sun on the beach at night...it was totally S1! And that's a very good thing! Jack has annoyed me for so long that it was really a pleasure to see him acting the way he used to...and with the main theme playing tenderly in the background, no less! :D That was almost too much. And it gives me hope for Jack in the show's final hours...which might just make the last two years of annoyingness worth it.

I think we were supposed to dislike him for a while, so that his redemption would be that much greater. I also really enjoyed Sun in this episode, she actually got to do some stuff other than asking "where's Jin?" all the time. Her outburst to Richard was especially good, she's just as frustrated that she has had nothing to do than we were.

Apropos of nothing...

The wig they've got Emilie DeRavin wearing this season is absolutely awful. They're obviously trying to go for a Rousseau vibe with her, but Rousseau's hair always looked plausibly haggard. Claire's...? Just looks like somebody in the hair department needs to be fired.

Another example of a bad decision on somebody's part is the casting of the one Widmore henchman who looks like a fat little boy in grown man's clothing. He stuck out like a sore thumb the first time he showed up, when Zoe ambushed Sawyer, and this week he actually had lines, which was even worse. Now, granted, apparently Zoe is a geophysicist or whatever trying to do a hardcase's job, so maybe this dude is simlarly out of place. Either way, he's been poorly integrated, and every time I see him, it distracts from the episode.

Big deal? No.

But that wig is seriously terrible.

That wig is terrible. Of course, her non-ratty wig in season 4 was pretty bad, too, although in a very different way.

And yeah, I hope you're right, Red Rabbit - I want to believe that making Jack so annoying was an intentional choice that would make his redemption that much more meaningful, as you said.

And I hope Jack and Kate end up together. We don't really have enough time left for a full-blown relationship to start, but I hope the series ends on a positive note for that couple.

I forgot to mention that the acting was great this week, from both Sun and Jin. Sun's explosion at Richard was amazing, as was her two scenes with that - in her garden and at the end of the episode. Nice range.

Also Jin was great. When he was looking at the pictures of ji-yeon, just watching his face do all the acting was great.

I think I finally learned to recognize Sun&Jin's theme in this episode too! I have recently been listening to the OSTs and heard a theme in this episode that I had heard in a bunch of tracks on those. And I noticed Jacob's Theme when Jack was telling Sun about the lighthouse. Was the MIB theme in this episode? And what was the theme that repeated a few times in the sideways scenes?

The MIB theme (not the one from last week) was sorta heard...it was sort of an intermediate between that and the theme that spawned it. That theme was first heard at 2:32 in "Flying High", from the S3 soundtrack. It became sort of a theme for Jack's reaction to Locke's death...and that appropriately led to the theme for MIB in his Locke form. Anyway, a mix of the two was heard at some point in "The Package"...I want to say maybe when Locke was walking along the beach with the pylons?

Just what I thought. Though I'm not quite sure anymore since she can still *write* English.

What I liked about this episode was seeing Sun have a bigger and more interesting role, hearing Sawyer and Locke's hilarious interchange about being able to just fly over the water, and perhaps most of all, getting a real flavor of old-school Jack.

My favourite funny bit this time was by Fahey: "Heeey, don't talk about bacon!"

I don't get what ya'll are trying to say about Sun not knowing English is both timelines is an indication of them merging. Huh? The sideways timeline is different. In the main timeline, Sun was married to Jin but wanted to escape, so taught herself English as a means to do so. In the sideways, they are happily in love. So she had no reason to teach herself English.

What's going on in September 2004 in the sideways should have nothing to do with what's going on in late 2007 in the main.

It has everything to do with the main timeline, and not just from a character perspective like the flashbacks. The writers have hinted numerous times and pretty much admitted that the flash-sideways are more than just a parallel universe, and that things like Juliet's near-death words, Jack's cut in LA X and his appendix scar have deeper significance. It'd be pretty pointless to just show "what could've been" without giving it some deeper purpose, particularly in the last season.

The idea that Sun can't speak English in the main timeline could suggest that her consciousness (which does not know English) from the side-verse is starting to merge with her main-verse consciousness. The Season 3 episode "Flashes Before Your Eyes" introduced the concept of Desmond's mind moving back and forth through time, brought on by the Swan station's implosion. It's not unreasonable to theorize that the "Incident"/bomb was a catalyst for something similar.

That's what I'm thinking at this stage anyway.

Press release for next Tuesday's episode

DESMOND WAKES UP TO DISCOVER HE'S BACK ON THE ISLAND, ON ABC'S "LOST"

Dominic Monaghan Guest Stars as Charlie

Jeremy Davies Guest Stars as Daniel Faraday

"Happily Ever After" Desmond wakes up to discover he's back on the island, on "Lost," TUESDAY, APRIL 6 (9:00-10:02 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Lost" stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Ben, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Ken Leung as Miles, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Terry O'Quinn as Locke and Zuleikha Robinson as Ilana.

Guest starring are Dominic Monaghan as Charlie, Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Fionnula Flanagan as Eloise Hawking, Sonya Walger as Penelope "Penny" Widmore, Fisher Stevens as George Minkowski, Sheila Kelley as Zoe, Fred Koehler as Seamus, Kayren Butler as doctor, Ben Cain as MRI tech, Grisel Toledo as Nurse Tyra, Sundra Oakley as lawyer, Haley Williams as assistant, Jonathan Arthur as Simmons, Gerard Elmore as clipboard guy, Hannah Bell as nurse, Christopher McGahan as techie #1 and Steve Boatright as goon #1.

"Happily Ever After" was written by Carlton Cuse & Damon Lindelof and directed by Jack Bender.

"Lost" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1-channel surround sound. This program carries a TV-14V parental guideline.

OK that guest cast is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

And its written by Darlton and directed by Bender, yay!

The first clip here is amazing as well!

Clip 1: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=r_usr2-1-B4

Clip 2: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=E085zA2jxWU

I'm curious to see why Desmond is so important to the cause. I would imagine Widmore knew all along and that might be one of the reasons he tried to keep Desmond from Penny to begin with.

Like I said I don't pay attention to the stuff outside of the show so I could be all wrong.

Jason, I wonder if you could simply link to the press releases. I know people here surpass paranoia when it comes to spoilers about upcoming episodes, but I would really prefer not to know who or what each episode is going to focus on. As for the inevitable "then don't walk into this thread" response, I enjoy discussion here too much to simply quit it to avoid an all-caps headline about next week's episode. I feel that if you keep up to date with the show, you shouldn't have to stay away from the thread.

OK I've edited my post. Sorry, Elmo and Joe.

And BTW Elmo, the preview that ran under the end credits of last week's episode already told you who next week's episode focuses on

Why is Henry Ian Cusick listed as a guest star?

He's been in the main cast all season without being on the show, and as soon as it's his episode, he's a guest star?

I'm curious to see why Desmond is so important to the cause. I would imagine Widmore knew all along and that might be one of the reasons he tried to keep Desmond from Penny to begin with.

That's what I assumed. And I guess Desmond's tendency to time shift may have something to do with it.

And BTW Elmo, the preview that ran under the end credits of last week's episode already told you who next week's episode focuses on

Some of us don't watch those. :D

That's what I assumed. And I guess Desmond's tendency to time shift may have something to do with it.

I have a feeling he may also have traveled between timelines as well.

I have always wondered was it the Swan hatch explosion that made Desmond special (time jumping special) or was he special even before that. His encouter with Eloise in his strange state after the Hatch exploded gives the impression that Eloise is similarly special as well when it comes to time. This theory is also strengthened by her statement after Ben had shot Desmond when she said that for the first time in a long time she did not know what was going to happen. She obviously is aware of these time effects in some way and Desmond is somehow different, special and free from some limitations regarding time as some other characters have noted.

It was not a great surprise that Desmond was abducted by Widmore. Eloise said as much when they met at the Lamp post station. The Island was not done with him yet. Now it is left to be seen what kind of hissy fit he will have when he realizes he is back there. :D

I have a feeling he may also have traveled between timelines as well.

Yes, quite likely. Which might be just what Widmore is after.

This theory is also strengthened by her statement after Ben had shot Desmond when she said that for the first time in a long time she did not know what was going to happen.

Didn't she say that at a point closely related to Faraday's death (or impending death)? I thought it just meant that she knew she'd sent her son to his death, completing a time loop - she might have had other sources of information related to that time loop, and now it would be closed.

I think this Alternate Timeline and the Island Timeline are happening at the same time.

I think the Island is in some way isolated.

Widmore mentioned that if the monster and the others leave the island, then everything like Jin's duaghter would ceace to exist.

This tells me that leaving the Island would cause some kind of Paradox, since everyone is in both places.

This theory is also strengthened by her statement after Ben had shot Desmond when she said that for the first time in a long time she did not know what was going to happen.

Didn't she say that at a point closely related to Faraday's death (or impending death)? I thought it just meant that she knew she'd sent her son to his death, completing a time loop - she might have had other sources of information related to that time loop, and now it would be closed.

Actually she said it when Penny was asking was Desmond going to be ok after he had been shot and Eloise appeared in the hospital, truly shocked. The episode was about Faraday though.

From Damon Lindelof's Twitter:

In one week, the conversation is going to change.

Hmm, I wonder what that means.

Why is Henry Ian Cusick listed as a guest star?

He's been in the main cast all season without being on the show, and as soon as it's his episode, he's a guest star?

Throughout Season 3, the actors playing Nikki and Paulo were listed as "guest stars" in the press releases only for episodes they appeared in; Meanwhile on the show itself, the actors were listed in the opening credits of every episode (up until their deaths).

In Season 4, the same thing happened with the actors playing Faraday, Miles, and Charlotte - Guest Stars according to the press releases, main castg according to the show itself.

Now in Season 6 they seem to be doing to the same thing to Henry Ian Cusick. Who knows what it all means

Whoa, there's an awesome counterpoint between Jacob's theme and Sun and Jin's theme during the scene in the garden! Didn't notice that when I watched it for the first time.

EDIT: And my goodness, that scene on the beach is so old-school Jack. Love it. Hope we never see the S4/S5 Jack again. (Now, if only that scene were with Kate instead of Sun...)