Indy 4 delayed again?

King Mark

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks, not surprising though. Between Spielberg's time off, George Lucas' galaxy encompassing ego and Harrison Ford rapidly approaching 100 years old, we might not ever see the 4th installment. Perhaps it's better this way, Connery brought a certain class and pinoche that won't be surpassed.

This David Koepp situation is a problem. The only good script he wrote was for Carlito's Way. Any other movie that was good based on something he did was purely a directorial or editing thing, due to pacing or atmosphere.(i.e. Jurassic Park, Panic Room, and the more recent War of the Worlds).

Thank heavens they didn't bring him back for Spider-man 2.

Tim

This David Koepp situation is a problem.  The only good script he wrote was for Carlito's Way.

I literally just finished watching that movie. Couldn't agree more. :thumbup:

Justin

"The first duty of every archaeologist is the truth, the scientific truth, the historical truth, or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which archaeology is based! And you can't find it within yourself to stand up and tell the truth about what happened, you don't deserve to wear that fedora!"

before everyone gets all worked up, why not go over to www.spielbergfilms.com, and see the real story.

Well, the original source of the news is Fox News, I'm a Beatles fan and I've read Fox News report news about Paul McCartney that turned out to be false, so I'm not sure it's a reliable source.

For what is worth I watched a very short interview with him yesterday on E! and they asked him about Indy 4 and Jurassic 4, he said he couldn't say anything about Indy because Lucas would have his head but that he was hoping it would happen soon, he said JP 4 was certainly going to happen, then he talked about what a surprise it was that Crash won best picture. He never mentioned taking a year off.

BTW how many scripts and drafts do they have for Indy 4?? Must be like a million

I really hope they make it just for the score

Well, the original source of the news is Fox News, I'm a Beatles fan and I've read Fox News report news about Paul McCartney that turned out to be false, so I'm not sure it's a reliable source.

Fox News is correct, Koepp is on it

Why are they annoucing that steven Spielberg taking a rest when John Williams has written four scores for four movies in 2005 when spielberg has only directed two films in 2005?

Spielberg doesn't have much time for a rest anyway...They need to get the script finished and start filming indiana jones 4 as soon as possible. And They know that. This is just making it worse.

They just keep on delaying Indiana jones 4 even more. They were once that they going to start filming it in 2004 or 2005. But did that happen?

No. They were still weren't satisfied with the script and they still working on it now. Who wrote the scripts for the raiders of the lost ark or temple of doom or the last crusade? Why not use the same script writer(s) that they use for the first three films for this upcoming indiana jones 4? Why didnt they think of doing the fourth film when they were doing the three films at that time?

Does Harrison Ford knows about Spielberg taking a year off? If Harrison Ford knew about and If I was him I would contact Speilberg and tell him to get off his lazy butt and tell the script writers to finished it as soon as possible and start filming it straight away.

All Im just saying is that since Indiana Jones 4 is going to release sometime next year 2007, they need to start filming it now and if spielberg is going take a year off...then I can't see how that indiana jones 4 will be ready to be release next year.

Why are they annoucing that steven Spielberg taking a rest when John Williams has written four scores for  four movies in 2005 when spielberg has only directed two films in 2005?

Because directing 2 films takes a lot longer then composing 4 scores.

And a lot more energy, particularly at the pace Spielberg is working these days.

I think these delays are good, though. It means it might never get made after all.

The man made two stellar films this year, if he wants a break then I have no problem with it, Indy IV or not