The Witches Of Eastwick - Reissued?

BigMacGyver

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be fantastic news, it's one of the Williams scores, along with Dracula and Spacecamp that I would really love to own. Let's hope it's true.

About the date, maybe they're using the same format we use in Mexico with the day first and the month second.

There's a 17th month?

Lol, no but it is a UK site and in europe the day stands before the month. For americans it would be 04/17/06 ;)

Can't wait for this one even if its just a simple re-issue. I was looking for this score way too long.

If this is true, I'll get it, expanded or not. Perhaps I'll appreciate it more if I have an original copy. Though I'd be very happy if they'd at least remaster it.

Marian - who thinks the sound on the old release sucks.

I think this is a mis-labelled re-recording of the musical soundtrack with a new cast......I heard there was going to be one......I hope I'm wrong......

This could be cool. The only Eastwick I have right now is one of the boots, from the DVD iso score I think. I'd gladly pay for an expanded/complete official release.

John- who would do the same for any boot/DVD rip/etc

I haven't got anything at the moment, except a suite ("Dance of the Witches") and the ballroom/balloon sequence tracks on my iPod (and they're simply fantastic) so this is extraordinarily exciting for me!

I find it hard to believe that this information is accurate. I couldn't find it listed anywhere else or find any other sources that detail a reissue statement.

If someone sees it, I highly recommend telling the rest of us right away!

Tim

I want my original Warner CD of the OST to retain it's value! ZAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Me too! Please, stop destroying the value of my precious collectables! Stop reissuing!

If this is true then this is most wonderful news! I have been wanting this score for so long time now. I have the bootleg but nothing beats the original soundtrack release. I really wish this is true.

But is there any way to confirm this? If it is just some silly musical that has been accidentally labeled as Williams CD it will be very disappointing and one reason more to crucify the personel of these internet retailers! ;)

Yeah, I shelled out for the original on e-bay, only to have it suddenly become available and affordable for every Joe Schmo out there?!

Ray Barnsbury

I want my original Warner CD of the OST to retain it's value! ZAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Me too! Please, stop destroying the value of my precious collectables! Stop reissuing!

Shush! What kind of talk is that? Reissue all you want record companies!

EDIT: Our Scandinavian internet store CDON seems to have the same title for sale. It will be released on the 1st of April it seems. Well I'll wait and see. I am getting ready for a disappointment.

Shush! What kind of talk is that? Reissue all you want record companies!

But... but ... then people like you will have access to it! Don't you understand the gravity of this situation? How would you react when you hear that the value of your property went titanic?! No, no, no! Today, they are rare collectables, worth lots of money. It ads extra value to the CD and makes it more attractive. If I see them in every outlet store tomorrow, the extra value will be completely lost ... Mmm, Lost. What a great show.

Alex

The original cd release will always be valuable, even after the reissue. The Polydor release of Raiders of the Lost Ark is still valuable on e-bay.

The original cd release will always be valuable, even after the reissue. The Polydor release of Raiders of the Lost Ark is still valuable on e-bay.

But it's got different content to the reissue, hasn't it?

I hope this is true though. How much is the original CD worth now?

Doesn't matter to me I paid $4.00 bucks for a used copy of Eastwick. It would be nice if it were an expanded version.

The Musical version has already been released I saw a copy at Barnes & Noble last year.

Now if only they would re-issue The Accidental Tourist.

Now if only they would re-issue The Accidental Tourist.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

I was hoping they might, Warner Bros Japanese label re-issued Goldsmith's Under Fire and The Twighlight Zone about 4-6 years ago if I'm not mistaken.

A similar announcement can be found at Collector's Choice

Looks like the real thing.

Apparently it's already available for purchase. There's no pending release date, and when I clicked on "buy" it prompted me to a check-out screen.

Tim

I just called the 1-800 number on the Collector's Choice website, and the woman told me that they are "getting these in stock" on April 1st. Meaning, if you purchase it now on their site, they'll ship it on that day. Calloo callay!

I just called the 1-800 number on the Collector's Choice website, and the woman told me that they are "getting these in stock" on April 1st.

I didn't expect the JWFan prank to be *that* elaborate this year.

Marian - LOL

The Musical version has already been released I saw a copy at Barnes & Noble last year.

Indeed, but as you'll see from my original post, I heard there was going to be a new recording with a different cast.....they do it sometimes (how many recordings of "Joseph" have there been????).....as I said though, I hope I'm wrong.......

There is a catalogue nr.:

WWCCM06852

That's just the site's catalogue # for the item and has nothing to do with the release details provided by the product company.

Tim

Yes indeed this looks like it could be a very deft April Fool's joke.

But what a cruel joke it would be if it was so. :thumbup: And a rather elaborate one too since the CDON and Play.com online stores also report this CD. Unfortunately there is not much more info on either site about the release.

I find it hard to believe that this is some sort of joke - so what if it's 'shipping on April 1st' - coincidence?

I'm definitely interested in this if it is the real thing and if the content will be the same as the bootleg (with the alternates of Destruction of Daryl and the Ballroom Scene).

I just called the 1-800 number on the Collector's Choice website, and the woman told me that they are "getting these in stock" on April 1st.

I didn't expect the JWFan prank to be *that* elaborate this year.

Marian - LOL

Hahahah, that was the exact thought that crept into my head! I'm always on my guard come end of March nowadays, particularly on this site!

I hope its a reissue and it gets here. I have neither seen the movie nor heard the score. :P

Boy, have you got a treat coming! The Ballroom Scene is one of Williams' masterpieces. It'll make your toes curl. It's a musical orgasm!

It seems quite official that this wonderful score is really being rereleased!!! Check out the Collector's Choice updated page for Witches of Eastwick Witches of Eastwick

Notes by Jeff Bond on the top of it all!

Hooray!!! :|