All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. How many scores do you own from these 2? And which are your favourites from them? From Danny Elfman, I only own Batman and Batman Returns. That's it. I own no score at all from MG.
  3. What kind of JWfan are you?

I know Seinfeld, but never watched it. That's too far from my culture. So it was a mean comment.
  4. 1) John Williams 2) James Horner 3) Jerry Goldsmith 4) Danny Elfman 5) Michael Giacchino
  5. I realized that I don't have more than 5. That's because I might not even be a film music fan, but just a big fan of John Williams, who happens to write music for film. A difference. That said, I discovered Jerry Goldsmith too, but for me, he's FAR behind JW (still number 2, though). For me: 1. John Williams 2. Jerry Goldsmith 3. James Horner 4. Henry Mancini 5. John Barry
  6. the mstrox thread

He has a huge community of fans who are maybe a little too into the whole "let comedians tell rape jokes!" thing? Like, I'm all about letting comedians be themselves and honest, but I'm not actually rooting for them to tell rape jokes or whatever. (Not just rape jokes, it just tends to be the standard example for this cause célèbre)
  7. The Official La-La Land Records Thread

I'm the LLL guy. We only pick alternates if they have really cool electric guitar riffs. I'm currently boiling a big pot of hot dogs and will include one wiener with every copy of E.T. ordered from the LLL store. Have a great day!
  8. the mstrox thread

I got sucked in because somebody shared a video of somebody talking about norm macdonald on facebook. that video, like any video of youtube personalities and dumb youtube commentators, was a stupid waste of time. however, it started rolling into autoplays of old talk show clips and "jokes" segments from his video podcast thing, and that worked out nicely
  9. What kind of JWfan are you?

So I'm not? I don't understand. This is sometimes when my comprehension of english stops.
  10. Mike Matessino exec produced and mastered Waterworld, but this was Dan Goldwasser's baby. He produced and edited it - and did the artwork. I opened mine up yesterday and have listened to most of it on work commutes. Glanced through the liner notes and read Goldwasser's note - pretty neat that he got demos from JNH's personal archive! I look forward to reading Grieving's main notes soon
  11. What kind of JWfan are you?

I am pretty much just like you, only successful.
  12. The Official La-La Land Records Thread

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/profile/21685-la-la-land-records/
  13. the mstrox thread

I love watching Norm clips on Youtube, but the cult of personality around him is kind of off-putting (meaning I don't like a lot of his fans, while being a big fan myself).
  14. the mstrox thread

found myself in a norm macdonald rabbit hole on youtube last night. norm macdonald clips completely justifiy youtube's existence, imo
  15. The Birthday Thread

Oh, very amusing. Quite.
  16. Have we reached peak Hans Zimmer?

I will also say that tweet he quoted, from the composer Daniel Pemberton, is very funny. I laughed out loud! Lol'd, if you will.
  17. Have we reached peak Hans Zimmer?

I just think it was funny. I don't think it's deniable - the level of vitriol in discourse, both in jest and serious, is much higher here than at FSM.
  18. Have we reached peak Hans Zimmer?

Told you he doesn't like us!
  19. I got mine yesterday too. When I put the CD, the first track beggined with a sounding "Hello, I'm Laurent Bouzereau". Then I woke up...
  20. Have we reached peak Hans Zimmer?

Yeah, I saw that. I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted . Probably a little from column A, a little from column B?
  21. What kind of JWfan are you?

Film/TV/Game score enthusiast, but a casual collector.
  22. What kind of JWfan are you?

In terms of JW, I guess I qualify as a collector. But with my own parameters that are not covered by the poll options. I'm a "title completist", as I like to call it, which means that I have to own a good representation of every single title in JW's composition catalogue (as opposed to "every single note he's ever composed"). For the other stuff (piano, arranging, conducting etc.), I'm more casual. I have quite a few of these, but I have no completist mentality. In terms of soundtracks/film music in general, I'm more of an explorer and "enjoyer". Not really a collector the same way. In a broader sense, I also consider myself a "film music missionary", since I'm very occupied with informing people about the virtues of film music -- whether through seminars, lectures, radio shows, articles etc. In fact, that is very much my literal profession at the present time. Gotta convert them heathens!
  1. Load more activity