All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The Post (2017) SCORE Thread

I love how the discussion is all about which JW score will be nominated, not whether he will be nominated at all. For political reasons, for two scores that no one has heard yet.
  3. So did I. Like many expansions I never got round to listening to the whole thing, but what I have heard is good and the sound quality is great.
  4. What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Okay, I either have very poor taste or Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes are consistently wrong. I had postponed watching this film for a while and decided to only do so when nothing of interest was on, which seems to be the case week after week these days. I really liked this entry, except for the fact that I didn't understand why everyone is suddenly bad-tempered with Spock, the creature at the end could have done with a little more backstory and there were some lame jokes, but other than that, way better than the previous ones (minus 4). One question still remains, why do Klingons hate Kirk/the whole world? And the surprises didn't end there. Goldsmith's score really impressed me. The main theme sounded exhilarating, the sequences in 'heaven' had superb music, I will finally remember a Klingon theme and the recording sounded excellent (reverb is amazing).
  5. The funny thing is that the temptracks are not as bad things as they mention. Perhaps those imposed by the director are bad because they are pointed by filmmakers who do not fully understand the role of the composer (some understand), for sure. But it is easy to point in the work of those best known when they are repeating an idea of an old score or even giving a quick eye blink at another composer's work. I agree with everything they say, but it's funny.
  6. What's on your John Williams Christmas Playlist?

Since the HA2 LLL edition has a clean opening, what do you need Lockhart's for?
  7. Today
  8. The SPORTS Thread.

Bloody tourists can’t hold their drink.
  9. What Are You Eating Tonight?

*ignoring the above* I made chicken fajitas tonight
  10. Ready Player One - Alan Silvestri

What is that picture in the corner?
  11. What Are You Eating Tonight?

My great Irish stew... but not with an irish beer. I drank it all this week. It will be good with Coors light too....
  12. Ready Player One - Alan Silvestri

Another pic from the sessions.
  13. What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Gold Diggers of 1933 - 7 / 10
  14. The SPORTS Thread.

No one beats the Irish at hurling! Not if the state of the pavements on O'Connell Street on a Saturday night is anything to go by. I vomited on the General Post Office once.
  15. The SPORTS Thread.

If other countries don't play hurling that’s not my problem!
  16. Intriguing fictitious film titles

THERE WILL BE BLUMPKINS I drink your milkshake!
  17. Star Trek Discovery - Beware Spoilers!

If Isaacs goes my interest in this show will take a serious hit. Every Trek show has had a high caliber actor in that role. Martin-Green is fine, but she's just not there yet and lacks the pure presence that Shatner, Stewart, Brooks, Mulgrew & Bakula had. One thing Trek has always done really well is cast their lead.
  18. Intriguing fictitious film titles

I was just thinking about this clip. Thanks for sharing
  19. Alex, mention of non franchise Williams music isn't allowed on JWfanFree. Please return to your scheduled Star Wars debate.
  20. The SPORTS Thread.

Very wise! Denmark will get its comeuppance in the hurling World Cup.
  21. What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Newer films)

Yes, everybody is intelligent! We only talk about John Williams' classical concertos. It's a fun place!
  22. Star Trek Discovery - Beware Spoilers!

But will Jason Isaacs still be here season 2? Martin-Green was told her character would eventually become Captain of the ship?
  23. Star Trek Discovery - Beware Spoilers!

Yeah. There are individual connections between characters, and definitely characters working together, but I get no sense of camaraderie among the crew as a whole. In every iteration of Star Trek the crew has felt like a family, and you just don't get that here. I would just dismiss that as "it's only nine episodes in", but frankly as painful as some of the first nine episodes of TNG, DS9 & VOY were, by that time you already felt like they were a genuine crew working towards a common goal. So while Discovery may get better, I'm not sure that aspect of it will change. Maybe that's just not how the show is designed.
  1. Load more activity