All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The liner notes should be included digitally for every digital release on every platform, why the fuck is that not a common basic given thing
  3. Today
  4. I think it's been established the orchestrator doesn't really matter much in Williams case. I think the Superman re-recording album was made from his hand written sketches alone so they're pretty much complete already
  5. Not only there's a sequel for the Winnie the Pooh horror movie being released this year, they already announced a third part. https://variety.com/2024/film/global/winnie-the-pooh-blood-and-honey-3-confirmed-1235954467/
  6. Williams_Fan_Theme.mp3 Someone made this mock up years ago. I apologise if I wasn't allowed to post it or something. It's actually a pretty cool theme. That's great! You might live long enough to hear the Expanded Star Wars Prequel scores.
  7. Fuck Görannson. Given my reputation in Ghent, I'm seeking some awards myself.
  8. As Bonneys vocals were recorded at Royce Hall (and boy do I love the sound of that recording..) The availability of the hall could be the reason why it was recorded late.
  9. https://www.worldsoundtrackawards.com/news/film-fest-gent-presents-james-horner-tribute-concert Couldn't pass on this. I'm already booked in. Tom's coming too. Thor?
  10. I've become ultra hip to, and wary of, the tricks of the legacy sequel, but the first episode was pretty good. I'll give some more of it a shot. The Animated series will always be X-Men to me, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
  11. It would be really nice to call attention to the preservation efforts and bring some awareness to the “normies”. And of course, Matessino would reciprocate and graciously acknowledge the importance of such work. More general awareness would be a benefit to the projects yet to be futureproofed.
  12. This lovely performance popped up on my YouTube feed...
  13. Peck is good in the role, not great. The only re-casting of iconic characters I think they mostly nailed were Pine as Kirk (Wesley is unwatchable) and Urban as McCoy. All of the others, whether Abrams or NuTrek, are unrecognizable as the characters they're meant to be playing. And I'm not talking about imitating mannerisms...they're just completely different characters who only share a name and rank with the original.
  14. Both are excellent. Your description of Quinto isn’t inaccurate, but it served the story and cinematic storytelling pace. Peck is ultimately more endearing and suitable for the long form narrative of episodic television. Ultimately, I’d probably tip the scale in favor of Peck, but he’s had the advantage of more screen time, and stories that allow him to show more of Spock’s charming character facets.
  15. Ok i looked at the whole thing again and it is indeed Spencer atleast for the most part. The first Cue has a different Handwriting though. Could be Courage or Morley or someone else but the Handwriting looked remarkebly similar to Williams Sketch when i compared them. Looking at the Numbers for example, they are written in exactly the same way. So thats how i came to that conclusion. I know btw how Williams Sketches work and that they include basically everything. I have a lot of the Scanned Sketches.
  16. Dr. McCoy, would you be so good as to tell me? What is your current medical status? Well, aside from a touch of arthritis, I'd say pretty good. (scattered laughter from audience) You have a singular wit, Doctor.
  17. I actually prefer Peck to Quinto, the latter of whom played Spock like a thinly veiled psychotic who always seemed seconds away from a murderous rampage. It was like the producers handed him some Star Trek episodes to prepare for the role, he watched Amok Time and said “I’ll go with this”.
  18. This is true for every* single JW score -- his sketches are for all intents and purposes complete. Which is not to minimize the importance of the orchestrator in any way, just to say that their role is, in JW's words and their own, "stenographic." It is indeed unusual for a film composer to do this, but JW's not your regular film composer! *Caveat: There are instances of timesaver cues from scores like HP:COS, Indy 5, and some bits of the Sequels where the orchestrator's task is also one of adaptation of pre-existing JW music. We on this JWfan board like to worry disproportionately about these!
  19. I honestly love this release. I am glad they were finally able to get the session tapes that had all of "Ultimate War" untouched including the versions of "To War" and "Crossed Swords" with their film inserts in the main score. This set is definitely worth the double dipping as it pretty much makes the other one obsolete.
  20. I just wish we'd get complete score releases for the Prequels already. Disney must know by now that there's pretty much a huge demand for them.
  21. Geez I'm glad my order shipped yesterday! Just in time. Still gotta say, I find it a little baffling they licensed 1000 less units of the third score. A stack of people who ordered the previous 2 expansions are going to miss out.
  22. (emphasis mine) That's indeed one thing that struck me as extremely done already in the first film, because it seemed so natural and powerful without being an intrusive effect.
  23. Will and Jada Pinkett Smith’s Charity to Close After Oscars Slap: Donations Sink; Thousands Spent on Elusive Mental Health Orgs and Overdrawn Bank Fees (EXCLUSIVE)
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.