All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Bespin

What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

My favorite Easter movies this morning : Star Wars IV (Bluray) Star Wars V (Bluray) And Monday : Star Wars II (Bluray) Star Wars III (Bluray) Star Wars VI (Bluray)
  3. bollemanneke

The Quick Question Thread

No, UK.
  4. Chewy

Are you using Amazon.fr?
  5. Holko

Amazon.de exists as well, has an English interface I think. Not sure if it's affected as well and the stock is definitely different.
  6. Sweeping Strings

Concerts are getting worse

I hope she left/leaves him.
  7. Sweeping Strings

What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Heh, well thank you. That said, if the writing is given a bit of a kick up the arse and Ryan is dropped Jodie will be a fine Doctor.
  8. bollemanneke

I hope this hasn't got anything to do with... well, that thing we're all tired of. I literally buy all my DVDs and CDs there.
  9. Today
  10. Jurassic Shark

It's happened to me as well. I chatted with their customer service about it, and they told me they'd investigate and get back to me within 24 hours. That was several weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything from them.
  11. I always think Children of Paradise, Jacques Prevert was something else. I enjoy all his movies with Carne and kinda wish people talked about em more but that one gets its fair dues, masterpiece etc. Back to the Future is like the most brilliantly contrived movie ever. Butch Cassidy and The Sting both have great witty screenplays, well plotted, simply defined but three-dimensional characters, the two leads + ensemble and GRH’s direction make them sing of course. Read/watched along with LA Confidential once, that was awesome, night well spent. Soderbergh’s two 2000 movies had very communicative screenplays that translated expertly. Lots of Billy Wilder, Sunset Blvd is brill.
  12. Network All About Eve 12 Angry Men The Thin Man Starship Troopers Star Wars II / Empire Strikes Back first things that come to mind
  13. bollemanneke

Does anyone know what's going on with Amazon? I'm trying to order the Hunger Games on DVD, but so far, seven different sellers are refusing to ship to Belgium, including Amazon itself. This keeps happening more and more!
  14. mrbellamy

GALAXY's EDGE - New John Williams composition (2018)

Well I was being sorta figurative, obviously I doubt it’ll just be this piece on a loop. But I feel like this is kinda made to be blared over loudspeakers. I think it’ll be played sporadically along with in-universe music, why not? They’re gonna wanna make people feel like they’re in a Star Wars movie, which musically should include both the weird/wacky shit the characters would hear and the John Williams romanticism that is essential to the movie experience. I’d totally wanna hear this walking into the park.
  15. Kasey Kockroach

John Powell's SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY (2018)

That’s my favorite moment in the entire score.
  16. publicist

Star Wars Disenchantment

Exception that proves the rule.
  17. Quintus

Star Wars Disenchantment

That as well, unless it's Jaws.
  18. publicist

Star Wars Disenchantment

Alternately, just should stop watching the same shit again and again and again (i saw ROTJ the last time me and some pals went to these 1997 cinema re-releases and we all found the rose was off).
  19. Jurassic Shark

Star Wars Disenchantment

Even if Luke knew that Leia was his sister in the first film, he'd probably make a pass at her anyway.
  20. Probably at the entrance and in their marketing, first and foremost.
  21. Quintus

Star Wars Disenchantment

That's how I remember it too. I just think some people can't help but think intensely about simplistic things, even where where the content doesn't support such a degree of scrutiny.
  22. Arpy

Star Wars Disenchantment

With more serious topics and films, I'd agree, however after watching RotJ as a kid, I didn't come away from the film thinking that their heritage was sloppy writing. To be honest, I didn't care much for it at all. I don't feel as though it was tacked-on or poorly written because it doesn't in any way detract from the main character arcs of Luke and Vader.
  23. And so damn squidgy and moldable! It's all over the score, half of it you only notice by the 6-10th listen. Love it.
  24. Chen G.

Star Wars Disenchantment

Yeah, but the audience isn't stupid (well, mostly). Any filmgoer outside of the most dense will understand that the idea of Luke and Leia being siblings just wasn't there before Return of the Jedi came about. You never want to see through a movie like that.
  25. Quintus

Upcoming Television Shows

Whaaaaa? Hmm, okay.
  1. Load more activity