All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the edge ... like finding the right font, it went through many iterations. Here's a frameless one ...
  3. Are you suggesting that Williams has Axed the concerto?
  4. Dear @Ricard, @Jay and all members of JWFan, I would like to hereby apologize for my past behaviour that may have offended some of the members. I would like to specifically apologize to @TownerFan for attacking and offending him. If I have hurt his feelings in any way and have made him feel disrespected or attacked on this site, I am sincerely sorry, and I assure him and everyone that this will never happen again in the future. A special thanks to Ricard and Jay for accepting my apology a month ago and changing my one-year-ban to a one-month-ban, giving me one last chance to be a part of this great community. I'm very grateful to both of them. I promise that from now on I will respect all forum rules. JTW
  5. Yeah. In THUNDERBALL, Fleming talks about a good spaghetti Bolognese that Bond had, in Brighton. Nowadays, food and drink are hardly mentioned, except for the Vesper.
  6. Can't really recall a proper 'Bond as bon viveur' moment since 'The brand was questionable Sir, so I took the liberty of choosing something else' in Daylights. Probably be regarded as elitist and unrelatable nowadays.
  7. I would point out that Smithers and Bond still drank the brandy and that M thought there was nothing wrong with it.
  8. Today
  9. To curate is to select and organize. There is nothing in the definition of the word about making anything shorter. The process of curation can whittle unwanted items to form a smaller collection.
  10. Yes, if she can get them, sure. If not, she should do the Orville. It's a steady gig. I'm just spitballing, but she probably wants a role of her own, and not one that is dwarfed by writer/producer/actor/creator McFarlane. But if she can't get that, well... that's Hollywood.
  11. I thought that our Steve said that SCHINDLER'S LIST was his most personal film? Imo, his most personal (i.e. autobiographical) film is E.T. He only directed EMPIRE OF THE SUN because Lean passed. EMPIRE OF THE SUN sure is up there with the best of the best.
  12. In the 2018 "Les Années en Barclay" box set, we had two superb original albums in English released on CD for the first time: "His Kind of Love Songs" (1966) and "I Have Lived" (1972). In the new box set "Charles Aznavour - The Complete Work," all 13 original Aznavour albums, spanning from 1958 to 1995, will be released on CD for the first time. Additionally, last year, Universal discovered a completely unreleased album that Aznavour recorded in London in 1975 with Del Newman. The multi-tracks were mixed in May 2023 at Tonehouse studio in Paris, making this album Aznavour's 92nd and final studio album. This is a major event! Furthermore, Universal found enough unreleased English tracks to fill a whole CD, which is another fantastic piece of news for fans who, I hope, will be thrilled by all these new releases! Enregistrements Originaux en Anglais Vol.1 CD.42 01 Believe In Me (Sur ma vie) 02 I Look at You (À t'regarder) 03 I'm Gonna Sleep with One Eye Open (Et bâiller et dormir) 04 Mecqué, Mecqué (Mé-ké chanté en français et en anglais) 05 I Want to Be Kissed 06 Cry Upon My Shoulder (Viens au creux de mon épaule) 07 You've Let Yourself Go (Tu t'laisses aller) 08 Two Guitars (Les deux guitares) 09 You've Got to Learn (Il faut savoir) 10 The Boss Is Dead (Monsieur est mort) 11 March of the Angels (La marche des anges) 12 The Time Is Now (Sa jeunesse) 13 The Travelin' Man (The Prodigal) (L'enfant prodigue) 14 Tomorrow Is My Turn (L'amour c'est comme un jour) 15 Like Strangers (Comme des étrangers) 16 Sarah (Version anglaise) 17 The Bellringer (Le carillonneur) Enregistrements Originaux en Anglais Vol.2 CD.43 01 Venice Blue (Que c'est triste Venise) 02 I Will Warm Your Heart (Je te réchaufferai) 03 Let's Love (Si tu m'emportes) 04 Don't Say a Word (Après l'amour) 05 Yet... I Know (Et pourtant) 06 Just You (Avec) 07 For Mama (La mamma) 08 Stay (Reste) 09 Little Train (Rendez-vous à Brasilia) 10 Just Because (Parce que) 11 Without You I'm Lost (Ay ! Mourir pour toi) 12 There Is a Time (Le temps) 13 After Loving You (De t'avoir aimée) 14 Between Us (Entre nous) 15 August Days in Paree (Paris au mois d'août) 16 Don't Say a Word (Après l'amour) (2e version) 17 And I in My Chair (Et moi dans mon coin) 18 Happy Anniversary (Bon anniversaire) 19 Paris Is at Her Best in May (J'aime Paris au mois de mai) 20 La Bohème (Version anglaise) 21 Yesterday, When I Was Young (Hier encore) 22 My Painful Love (Ma mie) 23 How to Write a Song (Pour essayer de faire une chanson) 24 Children of War (Les enfants de la guerre) Enregistrements Originaux en anglais Vol.3 CD.44 01 My Hand Needs Your Hand (Ma main a besoin de ta main) 02 Go On Laugh, Little Girl (Tu t'amuses) 03 We'll Drift Away (Alors je dérive) 04 I'll Go On Loving Her (Je l'aimerai toujours) 05 All Those Pretty Girls (Jolies mômes de mon quartier) 06 C'est Fini (Version anglaise) 07 Love Is New Everyday (2e version) (L'amour c'est comme un jour) 08 You've Let Yourself Go (Tu t'laisses aller) (4e version, nouvelle piste voix) 09 You've Got to Learn (Il faut savoir) (3e version) 10 Somewhere (Plus rien) 11 A Blue Like the Blue of Your Eyes (Plus bleu que le bleu de tes yeux) 12 Two Guitars (Les deux guitares) (2e version) 13 To My Daughter (À ma fille) 14 Sunday's Not My Day (Je hais les dimanches) 15 The Palace of Our Illusions (Le palais de nos chimères) 16 I Will Give to You (Je te donnerai) 17 The Wine of Youth (Sa jeunesse) (2e version) 18 Life Is Sad (Tout s'en va) 19 It Will Be My Day (Je m'voyais déjà) 20 The Town (La ville) 21 If I Had a Piano (Si j'avais un piano) 22 The Day We've Waited For (Ce jour tant attendu) 23 Yesterday, When I Was Young (Hier encore) (2e version) 24 The Road to Eternity (Le chemin de l'éternité) Enregistrements Originaux en anglais Vol.4 CD.45 01 The Old Fashioned Way (Les plaisirs démodés) 02 No, I Could Never Forget (Non, je n'ai rien oublié) 03 I Have Lived (J'ai vécu) 04 The Happy Days (Les jours heureux) 05 To Die of Love (Mourir d'aimer) (2e version) 06 What Makes a Man (Comme ils disent) 07 Like Roses (Comme des roses) 08 The Ham (Le cabotin) 09 We Had It All (Me voilà seul) 10 Little Fool... I Love You (Idiote je t'aime) 11 She (Theme from the TV Series "Seven Faces of Woman") 12 From Today (Désormais) 13 Our Love, My Love (Tes yeux, mes yeux) 14 La Baraka (Version anglaise) 15 You've Got to Learn (Il faut savoir) (4e version) 16 We Can Never Know (On ne sait jamais) 17 The "I Love You" Song (Je t'aime) 18 I Live for You (Je meurs de toi) 19 After Loving You (De t'avoir aimée) (3e version) 20 Yesterday, When I Was Young (Hier encore) (3e version) Enregistrements Originaux en Anglais Vol.5 CD.46 01 You 02 Take Me Away (Si tu m'emportes) (2e version) 03 They Fell (Ils sont tombés) 04 The Sound of Your Name (Ton nom) 05 Happy Anniversary (Bon anniversaire) (2e version) 06 Ciao Always Ciao (Ciao mon cœur) 07 Slowly 08 How Sad Venice Can Be (Que c'est triste Venise) (3e version) 09 Remember (À ma femme) 10 Women of Today(Les filles d'aujourd'hui) 11 Between Us (Entre nous) (2e version) 12 Then (Mais c'était hier) 13 Let's Turn Out the Light(Éteins la lumière) 14 I Will Warm Your Heart (Je te réchaufferai) (2e version) 15 It's Heaven 16 Take Me Along (Emmenez-moi) 17 The Happy Days (Les jours heureux) (2e version) 18 You Make Me Hungry for Your Loving (Par gourmandise) 19 Until Tomorrow Comes (On se réveillera) 20 Pretty Shitty Days (Mes emmerdes) (2e version) 21 We Had It All (Me voilà seul) (2e version) Enregistrements Originaux en Anglais Vol.6 CD.47 01 A Very Private Christmas (Noël à Paris) 02 Christmas Calypso (Papa Calypso) 03 Tell Me Who Was Born (Un enfant est né) 04 Christmas Eve in a Gambling Town (Noël au saloon) 05 My Own Child for Christmas from You (Un enfant de toi pour Noël) 06 Ave Maria (Version anglaise) 07 I Don't Understand (Je ne comprends pas) 08 Goodbye Christmas Past (Noël d'autrefois) 09 Snowball (Comment c'est fait la neige) 10 Hosanna (Version anglaise) 11 I'll Be There (Ça passe) 12 In Your Room (Dans ta chambre il y a) 13 Hold Back the Night (Retiens la nuit) 14 To Be a Soldier (Avant la guerre) 15 I Didn't See the Time Go By (Je n'ai pas vu le temps passer) 16 In Times to Be (Nous nous reverrons un jour ou l'autre) 17 Somewhere Out of Town (Un été sans toi) 18 We (Dieu) 19 Daydreaming (Je fantasme) 20 I Act as If (Je fais comme si) Enregistrements Originaux en anglais Vol.7 CD.48 01 You and Me (Toi et moi) 02 Who Could Forget You (Inoubliable) 03 The Needle (L'aiguille) 04 You Against Me (Toi contre moi) 05 The Painted Child (L'enfant maquillé) 06 The Times We've Known (Les bons moments) 07 I Drink (Je bois) 08 Still I Cling to You (Je me raccroche à toi) 09 The Haunted House (La maison hantée) 10 I Love You So (Je t'aime tant) 11 You'll Never Hear Me Say Goodbye (Je ne ferai pas mes adieux) 12 The Boats Have Sailed (Les bateaux sont partis) 13 Chanson Souvenir (Version anglaise) 14 Maria Was Her Name (La Marguerite) 15 It's Got to Be Goodbye (Te dire adieu) Enregistrements Originaux en anglais Vol.8 Compilation des titres épars CD.49 01 I Know I'm Wrong (J'ai tort) 02 Sarah (2e version anglaise) 03 You've Let Yourself Go (Tu t'laisses aller) (2e version) 04 Who (Will Take My Place) (Qui ?) 05 Let Me Be Your First Love (Donne tes seize ans) 06 You've Let Yourself Go (Tu t'laisses aller) (3e version) 07 The Boss Is Dead (Monsieur est mort) (2e version) 08 You've Got to Learn (Il faut savoir) (2e version) 09 Like Strangers (Comme des étrangers) (2e version) 10 Yerushalaïm (Version anglaise) 11 Green Years (Les vertes années) 12 There Is a Time (Le temps) (2e version) 13 Life Is Sad (Tout s'en va) (2e version) 14 To Die of Love (Mourir d'aimer) 15 For Me... Formidable (2e version anglaise) 16 After Loving You (De t'avoir aimée) (2e version) 17 The Old Fashioned Way (Les plaisirs démodés) (2e version) 18 What Makes a Man (Comme ils disent) (2e version) 19 La Baraka (Version longue) 20 My Young and Troubled Days (Mes emmerdes) 21 She (2e version) 22 And I in My Chair (Et moi dans mon coin) (2e version) 23 I'll Be There (Ça passe) (2e version) 24 I Have Lived (J'ai vécu) (2e version) Enregistrements Originaux en anglais Vol.9 Versions inédites CD.50 01 Love at Last You Have Found Me (J'en déduis que je t'aime) 02 For Me... Formidable 03 How Sad Venice Can Be (Que c'est triste Venise) (2e version) 04 Who (Will Take My Place) (Qui ?) (2e version) 05 Never Again (Titre inédit en anglais) (À tout jamais) 06 The Time Is Now (Sa jeunesse) 07 All of My Life (Ô toi la vie) (Titre inédit en anglais) 08 I Dig You That Way (Je t'aime comme ça) (Titre inédit en anglais) 09 I Don't Want to Live Without Your Love (La plus belle pour aller danser) (Titre inédit en anglais) 10 Too Late (Trop tard) (Titre inédit en anglais) 11 Caroline (Titre inédit en anglais) 12 I Know I'm Wrong (J'ai tort) 13 Louise (Titre inédit en anglais) 14 L'Amour (Titre inédit en anglais) 15 Somewhere (Plus rien) 16 First Dance (Une première danse) (Titre inédit en anglais) 17 Look Who Is Home Again (Voilà que tu reviens) (Titre inédit en anglais) 18 You've Let Yourself Go (Tu t'laisses aller) (5e version) 19 To Die of Love (Mourir d'aimer) (4e version) 20 Dearest Mrs Macintyre (Dormir avec vous madame) (Titre inédit en anglais) 21 I Still Remember Well (Je n'oublierai jamais) (Titre inédit en anglais) 22 It Is No Life at All (Ce n'est pas une vie) (Titre inédit en anglais) 23 All Those Memories (Ma mémoire) (Titre inédit en anglais) 24 All I Want Is You* 25 When You Love Me* (Quand tu m'aimes) *Chansons inédites extraites de la démo de la comédie musicale "Lautrec" Enregistrements Originaux en Anglais Vol.10 "I Will Warm Your Heart" (Album Inédit) CD.51 01 A Young Girl (Une enfant) (Titre inédit en anglais) 02 All Those Pretty Girls (Jolies mômes de mon quartier) 03 I Know I'm Wrong (J'ai tort) 04 Let's Turn Out the Light (Éteins la lumière) 05 And So I Wait (Je t'attends) (Titre inédit en anglais) 06 I Will Warm Your Heart (Je te réchaufferai) 07 It Will Be My Day (Je m'voyais déjà) 08 The Times We've Known (Les bons moments) 09 For Mama (La mamma) 10 Our Love, My Love (Tes yeux, mes yeux) 11 Until Tomorrow Comes (On se réveillera) 12 And I in My Chair (Et moi dans mon coin) (Version piano voix)
  13. The scene between Emerie & Echo was one of my favourites this episode. It's very short but made such an impact. Rampart is such a funny man. The way he just ran away and yelled all the time was hilarious. As I said before, I can't imagine thr finale being a 20 minutes episode. It has to be longer. I hope The Emperor returns and that that Zillo Beast goes on a rampage. That would be awesome!!
  14. Something big... Wohoho this is shaping up to be an all-timer, the clone theme in the credits got me super excited. Seeing Omega plotting and leading is such a great conclusion to this series, as is Emerie finally growing a conscience. I have no idea what will come of Rampart and that crack in Wrecker's chest, I can't take another one of them dying. How will they end this in 20 minutes? Zillo eating Hemlock! The orchestra returns and it always sounds so much better when it's here, the animation continues to astonish, I saw that split diopter! Last week's and now this one got me excited again and I can't wait for next week.
  15. I’ve been making my way through these recently so might have to shell out for the upgrade. Then again they sound pretty great as it is! Definitely worth the investment for anyone who doesn’t own them as they are a terrific summary of Waxman’s music and a perfect companion to the Gerhardt album.
  16. I'm fine with any actor doing whatever they want. I'm just selfish and really want them all back. Including Alara. But I will be fine with a different cast member. It happens all the time in Sci-fi shows anyway. I'm sure she'll return for the first episode to explain her absence, if she doesn't want to return fully. You could say she left for a command of her own. And maybe see her randomly for a cameo later in the season of Mercer talking to her on the view screen or something. Ship to ship.
  17. Given that Mike did Hook and got it approved by KK and co., I find it hard to believe credentials are a problem. I still think there are two problems here - (1) a reluctance to release something expensive (to them) that won't have a guaranteed significant return and (2).... only nerds understand or care what's wrong with the existing OT releases. Same with the Indy box - in a relative sense absolutely no one knows what's wrong with those. Less obvious issues with the prequels, assuming they exist as digital sessions or tapes that can be transferred like any other 00s era project. In a purely musical sense I don't see what makes them so hard to conceive and assemble as an intended score plus alternates, other than a deep-down expectation that given "it's Star Wars" no one's allowed to make any mistakes or leave anything off.
  18. Yeah, I also managed to acquire all four volumes on CD in the 90s and early 2000s. They're a treasure in my collection, and not for sale. IMO, this set is a must-have for any Waxman or Golden Age fan. Shame they never managed to continue the LEGENDS OF HOLLYWOOD series further.
  19. Don't forget one of my favourites from him: 'Demetrius and the Gladiators'! This is making me wanna dust off the ol' Varèse 'Legends of Hollywood' collection and give them a spin...
  20. There was an April Fool's that Bond's smoking in past movies was going to be digitally removed for future Blu-Ray releases (but villains smoking would be left in).
  21. Yes, Sweep. NTTD is "a 30-year-old fine, indifferently blended... with an overdose of bon bois."
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.