Chacotay18@Hotmail.com
  • Website URL
    http://
  • Yahoo
    Chacotay18

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

11327 profile views
  1. I did join in 2005, but I don’t frequent much anymore. I’ve moved to ... another forum and Discord. Im not home to upload to my gdrive but I’ll share my track list at least till I can. I did join in 2005, but I don’t frequent much anymore. I’ve moved to other forums and Discord. My sets are like this: Raiders (all except 1 track fit on 1 disc) Temple of Doom (Is 3 discs for all alts and overlays)
  2. I never really use JWFAN so I had NO idea about this thread. I kinda skimmed it so I’m sorry if I repeat things. I’ve also only personally worked on Raiders and TOD but here are my thoughts: -Rescan to avoid pitch correction issues present in both TOD and Raiders -Rescan to hopefully reduce the issue present in several reels of TOD where a high pitch leader tone seems to have bled into the tape (perhaps find a better source?) To fix this I in essence isolated that tone and digitally deleted it from the audio files but it leaves a really odd gap in the spectrum which would be noticed. —Raiders -Raiders: not much unreleased material is left but for starters that alone would be a big expansion. (the rolling ball, Marion in the pit, source music) -The fidelity of the tapes doesn’t seem too amazing (a product of its time) but a remaster would probably bring out a lot more detail and help make it “future proof”) -I would love any extra stuff, alternate takes of cues or things showing Williams really working towards a final product. Interviews were great on the old set and would be nice but aren’t necessary ESPECIALLY in lieu of new music! —Temple of Doom -Temple of Doom has so much material that’s unreleased but is also difficult to release due to music being written literally over music. Ideally! I’d like the layers isolated. ie: the band source not mixed with the orchestra, the dinner source isolated from the orchestral layers, the sacrifice sweeteners tacked on at the end / beginning of the sacrifice music and not layered, etc) -Including the alternates such as the original opening to Slalom into Mountain, the different travel iterations, the pieces only heard in the LEGO games, the full “Fortune and Glory” cue, etc. -We still dont have a released correct assembly of the finale into credits!! -I prefer music to be separated and in the case of Temple of Doom so much of the film is scored that MM would need to find appropriate places to split the cues otherwise he’ll have the Episode I EU on his hands. I don’t expect every cue separated, but it would be nice to have those moments. hell, the nocturnal activities into stranglehold is always overlapped in the releases, just giving a moment before the next cue would be ideal. -Fidelity doesn’t seem to be an issue with TOD but those tones mixed in will be a problem. I’ve done a rebuild of my Temple of Doom set and I truly feel like until MM redoes the score, it’ll be the best there is.
  3. What I don't get... is that they made... almost no attempt to actually edit the tracks properly... And... they tended to use the wrong takes... This makes me think that this set was made in haste... but what that would HAVE to mean is that they have remastered all the sessions. IF their intention is to create complete score releases, then this may be a quick cash grab for those who are willing to pay for them (as they're reasonably priced) so that when the 'complete' versions come out at a much more prohibitive price, they will still have made some money off of doing that whole remastering process.
  4. I don't know about 'Book Thief' but I'm pretty certain William's read Memoirs before he scored that film. If I recall, he gave the book to YoYo Ma (which I think was spoken about in the iTunes exclusive concert he and Williams did) and got him interested in doing the project. I think Spielberg was suppose to direct it originally but when he fell away as director, Williams' approached the new director, Rob Marshall, saying he wanted to do it and have YoYo Ma and Itzak Pearlman (which he says on the DVD/Blu Ray interview). Rob Marshall not being out of his mind said "yes, please!" As for 'The Book Thief,' I don't know. With JP3, he did make the original film music available to Don Davis who speaks of utilizing parts of JP1's score such as "The Entrance to the Park" motif as a source for the 'Mercenary Motif.' I can say they had the original sheet music because they actually performed the End Credits Pt II version so literally that he duplicated a transcription error that apparently never got corrected. This error was played by the Trombones but when the Horns came in, they didn't play it as written--which as a performer and knowing it's mostly the same brass players from the first two films--I can imagine their thought process "wtf? that's NOT the right note! We'll play it right!--and they did it CORRECTLY. So IF Williams had been more involved, that little error may not have snuck in.
  5. I know William's has announced his involvement with Star Wars but honestly, they're already filming Jurassic World and from my understanding, Williams didn't do JP3 because of a conflict with the scoring of A.I. (I don't remember if JP3's schedule got pushed back at all due to the changes in the script but I wonder if that changed the scoring sessions at all which would have made Williams ultimately available but oh well). I know he's not known for returning to a series after he's left so I don't hold out hope for him to return, but I would ABSOLUTELY love it if he did. Star Wars hasn't even begun filming yet so I'd really think Jurassic World would be something he could do before Star Wars.
  6. He made it sound like Universal had really dropped the ball and done it without going through the proper legal channels. I almost wonder if that didn't halt production of an English Blu Ray as it was never released
  7. OOooo!!! I'm sooo excited for CAPRICA! When I talked to Bear at Galacticon he mentioned there would be some GREAT material on it including the sketch of the theme... he was upset over the French Blu Ray having unapproved isolated music for this which weren't from the approved mixes (some sort of legal thing going on over that too) but this is gonna be so cool! yay!
  8. That answers that then. I swear I saw one but then again, I was half asleep when I saw this was posted.
  9. Sry, yes, "My" Christmas Tree...and it does say previously unreleased, but as seen by other comments on this, most people don't realize its on that other album. Just wondered if it had been confirmed as the film version.
  10. Any news on if "Christmas Tree" will be the one on the "Home Alone Christmas" album or the film version that's just choir/piano... I imagine it won't be the film version which is kinda annoying... but expected. I know it says 'previously unreleased' but hmm The other stuff! I'm happy for...I might have to get this lol
  11. To respond to scallenger, I like the TV HD rip. It's not "better quality" than the Blu ray, but it's a bigger image, more of the picture, and less grain than the blu ray. You can tell they don't have the original masters. Just copies because there is so much of that dark snow from data loss in all the images. If you watch the extended cuts of the Harry Potter films on blu ray, all the newly included scenes have that too becuase they're slightly less quality like an upconversion. I just hope this doesn't hamper the 3D...also...I wonder if they'll make the Potter Plant/ Stage Light blend in with thebackground or will they make those pop a little with the 3D :-p
  12. Anyone ever figure out why he's named after a drug?
  13. I swear I have ALWAYS heard a low mens choir singing as Anakin and Padme are brought into the Arena in Episode II. Especially in the high shot over the geonosians and slowly moving in towards them in the arena... at 1:28...the low cello line. like a mens choir singing the main melody as an "mmm" sound PS: they need to SHOOT who ever's phone went off in that Leah video...wow...choir with that is more awesome than I realized! It seems there are two rules of concerts: cough and sneeze only when it's aboslutely quiet, and leave your phone on RING, never vibrate!
  14. Cause its different. The film version is edited and partially tracked from the Epilogue cue, but the film version, if you check, there's stuff before the tracked music. The original cue is only partially used and unreleased. Also Jason, I wonder, the X at the end of the slate for "Who Will Take Care Of Me" is that maybe because its another CD Extension? "X" for e'X'tension since the film version is different?
  15. One could navigate it and see who plays what. I think, even without much musical grasp, it would be somewhat easy to keep along. I know Clarinets play some interesting parts. heh