Upcoming Films

Quintus

They only want your courage because most people keep theirs in their wallet, next to the money they need you to part with in order to buy the movie ticket.

I want to see this film, but the fx at the end of the trailer are underwhelming. And the trailer itself could be assembled in a more fun manner (enough of these taglines!).

It's from the guy who did The Immortals, right? Approach with caution!

Oh, it's Ang Lee. Then it might be good. Strange, it looks like Tarsem.

I think it looks great, although I read somewhere that it feels like Slumdog Millionaire meets Cast Away. I've actually read the book but can't remember much of it. The biggest obstacle visually seems to be the CGI, both the quality and quantity of it.

I saw a trailer for this in theaters. It was literally an uncut scene from the film, the part where all the fish start flying at the boat. I tried to find it when I got home online but I couldn't.

I saw a trailer for this in theaters. It was literally an uncut scene from the film, the part where all the fish start flying at the boat. I tried to find it when I got home online but I couldn't.

It was an excerpt and I saw it too. It was attached to Prometheus

I don't care about the book, but I do want to see this film about a guy and a tiger on a rowing boat.

Well you should, cause it's one of those cases where the guy was onto something great, but then ruined it.

I don't know how Lee is tackling this film, need to hear some dialogue. If the tiger doesn't talk it won't really work.

I don't care about the book, but I do want to see this film about a guy and a tiger on a rowing boat.

Well you should, cause it's one of those cases where the guy was onto something great, but then ruined it.

I don't know how Lee is tackling this film, need to hear some dialogue. If the tiger doesn't talk it won't really work.

Maybe they're fixing the book in the film!

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're weird. Really, REALLY, weird. And that's coming from someone who is quite weird.

lol I am aware of that.

I tend to buy quite fast into such premises among heavy amounts of generic film plot nº 874567.

Maybe they're fixing the book in the film!

Possibly, but with its feel good new age vibes I doubt it.

Talk about a movie that's trying to be everything. I saw 20 radically different movies in that trailer...

It began innocently enough and then yes all hell broke out in that trailer, which was literally 20 movies thrown into a blender as you say K.K. But I am sure this will be a hit and people will coin catch phrases from it and form nice philosophical ideas based on its depths of expression.

Yes. It started off like an innocent Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close kind of movie, and then once the dramatic trailer booms started blasting and I had no idea what I was watching.

I'm glad the Wachowski Brothers Brother and Sister finally have a new film coming out. It looks interesting! I too felt like it looked like 20 crazy films in one, but then I pulled up the Wiki entry for the book it's based on and I see that the book is 6 separate stories that aren't really connected. Interesting!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_Atlas_(novel)

At first, I didn't understand your post. That was before you edited it. Now, it makes more sense. :P

I also was a bit confused :lol:

Honestly, Bound is their best film. Everyone seems to forget that one because of The Matrix, and while I love that film too, Bound is just completley overlooked.

Honestly, Bound is their best film. Everyone seems to forget that one because of The Matrix, and while I love that film too, Bound is just completley overlooked.

That's why The Matrix is better, it can't be overlooked. Also, Bound felt more like a Coen brothers film than a Wachowski brothers film. Anyway, I haven't seen something good from them after The Matrix. Hopefully Cloud Atlas (2012) will be better than Speed Racer.

tumblr_m7rjtv6IVy1qg6imjo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m7rjtv6IVy1qg6imjo2_500.jpg

tumblr_m7rjtv6IVy1qg6imjo5_500.jpg

tumblr_m7rjtv6IVy1qg6imjo7_500.jpg

tumblr_m7rjtv6IVy1qg6imjo8_500.jpg

Too childish and nervous for my taste. The Wachowskis treated the audience as if they were a bunch of kids with no attention span.

It's a film based off a kids' cartoon show. Other than the little brother and his monkey (obviously meant for the child demographics), I found it to be exhilarating fun. A rare thing to find in the cinema these days.

well Cloud Atlas appears to have 3 directors. btw IMDB attempts to rewrite history saying Andy W. attended a chicago high school with his sister, no. i'm sorry he attended it with his brother. Sort of like John Williams never wrote a score to something called a new hope.

First promotional image for The Hangover 3

405187_10150992700800765_664337801_n.jpg

Larger version:

b549e4a0a5e8e1e2c4903d8087f96821

This may have been posted already, but here's a teaser for M Night Shymalan's newest film, After Earth. What a horrible concept for a teaser, but the actual substance of the movie looks like it could be interesting.

It's as interesting as one of those 'aliens built the pyramids' or 'we've never set foot on the Moon' theories.

The world can't wait! Let's install a countdown clock for this event!

Hey! Being snotty is my job!

I relieve you of your task.