What Is The Last Score You Listened To? (older scores)

Ollie

The placement of both versions of The Healing Process was also a bit odd: why put both versions one after the other, instead of one in the main program and the other with the rest of the bonus tracks? Odd indeed.

I didn't really get that either.

For me, they complement each other, It's basically a 12 minute action cue. I like how one is totally different from the other, yet the foundation is the same. They could very well have been written to be one cue. That was the genius of Jerry, and in the case of Insurrection I always liked the original version the most, but it's very nice to have the revised as a warm-up.

The Shadow also did this to great effect...

Listened to this three times today

Any idea will there be a separate soundtrack release?

A little morning playlist

- J. Williams - The Book Thief

- J. Williams - The Mission Theme (Theme For NBC News)

- W. Ross/J. Williams - Harry's Wondrous Theme (HP and The Chamber of Secrets)
- A. Desplat - Severus and Lily (Hp and the Deathly Hallows P2)

- J. Williams - Anakin's Theme (SW Episode I)

- J. Williams - Remembrances (Schinder's List)

- N. Hooper - Loved Ones and Leaving (HP and the Order of The Phoenix)

- J. Williams - Give Me Your Names (Schinder's List)

- J. Williams - Cadillac of the Skies (Empire of The Sun)

- J. Williams - The Adventures Continues (Tintin)

Angela's Ashes by John Williams

Philadelphia by Howard Shore

The Book Thief by John Williams

Red Canvas by James Peterson

Karol

The good old fashioned orchestral writing wams my heart. Nods to Miklós Rózsa are a definitive highlight and the recording is excellent.

Return of the Jedi (Anthology version) by John Williams

It's been years since I listened to this score, long years indeed. And it's a first full listen to this version ever.

The Final Conflict by Jerry Goldsmith

Another long-not-heard soundtrack from this era.

The Mummy by Jerry Goldsmith

Karol

After Earth by James Newton Howard: What the heck happened to this collaboration? Even if the movies have gotten progressively worse, the scores have usually been of high caliber. Until now. What a snoozefest.

I am sure the sparse percussive and atmospheric textures are some kind of concept Shyamalan and JNH agreed upon but the end result outside a few cues doesn't never really come together in a satisfying way and much of the writing is awfully generic.

Did you even read the article before commenting? He specifically brings up Wild Wild West and explains why After Earth was more painful

I like Will Smith but his insistence on being in the spotlight at all times is pretentious. I mean, he turned down Django Unchained because he wasn't the main character. Come on now.

I got reinvigorated after the failure of After Earth. I stopped working for a year and a half. I had to dive into why it was so important for me to have number-one movies. And I never would have looked at myself in that way. I was a guy who, when I was fifteen my girlfriend cheated on me, and I decided that if I was number one, no woman would ever cheat on me. All I have to do is make sure that no one's ever better than me and I'll have the love that my heart yearns for. And I never released that and moved into a mature way of looking at the world and my artistry and love until the failure of After Earth, when I had to accept that it's not a good source of creation.

Doesn't sound that pretentious to me.

- J. Williams - E.T. and Me (from E.T. : The Extra-Terrestrial [Original album])

- J. Williams - Love Theme from Superman (from Superman: The Movie [Warner Archives Edition])

- J. Williams - Duel of the Fates (from Star Wars: Episode I)

- E. W. Korngold - The Adventures of Robin Hood: Robin Hoods and His Merry Men (J. Williams/The Hollywood Sound)

- J. Ottman - How Could You Leave Us? (from Superman Returns)

- A. Silvestri - Back To The Future (End Credits) (from Back To The Future)

- H. Shore - Lothlorien (from The Fellowship of the Ring)

- J. Williams - End Credits (from Stanley and Iris)

- A. Desplat - Dragon Flight (from Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows)

- E. Morricone - Miserere (from The Mission)

You can't tell what I'm listening to anymore because last.fm is incompatible with the latest version of iTunes.

I was wondering how you did that. I do it manually, I'm using Itunes latest version too :P

Today, I listened to all three OT scores (just the score tracks, not the concert suites/alternate bonus tracks) in a row while building the Lego X-Wing:

DSC_0212.JPG?_subject_uid=50989277&w=AAC

(I finished at Han Solo Returns, but of course I kept listening to the rest)

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban- "Mischief Managed" :music:

A fairly good end credits cue. Too long though. It should ended with "Buckbeaks Flight" rather than reprise every single cue from the movie!

And they leave out the fun little opening of the film version from the OST. But Mischief Managed is like going through half the score again (in same performances no less) after listening to the other half of the album. Man a complete score would be most welcome. So much cool stuff left off the album.

PoA truly deserves an expansion. As do the other HP scores.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix :music:

Despite a couple of decent highlights (Fireworks), this score is bland and underwhelming, with the underscore often falling back on meandering glockenspiel/string tremolo parts. As good as Memoirs of a Geisha is, I'd trade it with GoF any day just so John Williams could stay with the series.

The Phantom Menace :music:

I really love the theme (used to represent the prophecy I'm guessing) explored in "Talk of Podracing" and to a lesser extent "The Queen Confronts Nute and Rune". It's a shame that it wasn't explored in the two subsequent prequel scores.

The Phantom Menace :music:

I really love the theme (used to represent the prophecy I'm guessing) explored in "Talk of Podracing" and to a lesser extent "The Queen Confronts Nute and Rune". It's a shame that it wasn't explored in the two subsequent prequel scores.

Yeah that noble little lyrical melody is gorgeous. It is indeed a shame it was not fleshed out further in the subsequent scores.

NP: The King and the Mockingbird (Kilar)

That was one weird animated film. I saw it as a child and it was so strange I still remember it vividly with the giant robot and bat-like courtiers and all. I can't remember any of the music though. How is Kilar's score?