Howard Shore's The Battle of the Five Armies (Hobbit Part 3)

Jay

Let's just blame Conrad Pope for everything and be done with it

I've heard enough! shoot him! stick an arrow in his gob!

Well if they do - and I really don't want to get anyone's hopes up, because I'm probably very wrong - it would surely be linked to here soon:

https://twitter.com/theoneringnet

No link unfortunately, but you can apparently tweet questions for Howard and Doug here:

https://twitter.com/LOTR2015

Shore's looking well.

BziGdVoCMAIYV_2.jpg

A far cry from the AUJ sessions days...I guess all that orchestrating and conducting (not to mention last-minute writing) takes its toll.

A far cry from the AUJ sessions days...I guess all that orchestrating and conducting (not to mention last-minute writing) takes its toll.

More like Peter Jackson takes his toll on him. 10 years ago, he could have handled his process, but I guess at this age, he could only bear so much.

There's enough evidence to show that the last-minute changes paired up with the crazy time-zone differences really made it hard for him to keep writing, orchestrating, recording, etc. The signs were there in RotK.

There's enough evidence to show that the last-minute changes paired up with the crazy time-zone differences really made it hard for him to keep writing, orchestrating, recording, etc. The signs were there in RotK.

How is that PJ's fault?

Guys, he has shaved, he's clearly getting better. It is a time to rejoice, not waste time with petty quarrels!

Yes, but the next score will obviously be shit, right? He didnt even conduct it!

Last minute changes ARE PJ's fault. These films are hardly the first to have their scores recorded abroad. Had PJ had more control of his project with better planning like other filmmakers, Shore wouldn't have to be ridden as hard. You don't see John Williams having to deal with this crap (thanks to an efficient filmmaker like Spielberg)!

That's the funny thing! Years are spent on pre-production and in the planning of these films...and yet things always get radically shuffled around in the month before the film's release!!