The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

She is low rent. She is not a good actress despite her Oscar.

She's a good actress.

Marvel won't do a film with a female superhero though

They are releasing Captain Marvel in a few years. Slow progress, but it's something.

There's a problem with most of these characters being from the time when most characters would have been [white straight] men by default. (Which still happens, of course)

I'm no expert on the Marvel universe, but maybe we can imagine... a Black Widow movie... a Captain Marvel movie... what else? The Wasp? I'm starting to think they screwed up too much Gamora and Nebula, because with this landscape...

(And of course Kamala is adorable, but the character is totally new and needs building a strong mythology of Ms Marvel and The Inhumans before... and they haven't even made their "Spider-Man as the original high-school boy", so I guess this would be out of the question.)

The Avengers 1 set up a future Black Widow / Hawkeye movie that sadly never happened

The Avengers 2 seems to be setting up a Scarlet Witch / Vision movie that will probably never happen

Yet a brand new character not introduced yet gets her own starring film coming soon (Carol Danvers / Ms Marvel)

A Nick Fury / Maria Hill movie could be good too. The Winter Soldier ended with Fury going overseas to investigate stuff.... then he's just back in Avengers 2 with no followup.

At least Peggy Carter got her own show, and it was really good!

Jessica Jones is getting her own show soon too.

It still surprises me that Marvel didn't introduce any Ant-Man characters or situations in a post-credits Avengers 2 scene.

I'm still a few episodes behind on Agents of Shield, but the most recent episode I saw (the one that leads into the opening of Avengers: Age of Ultron) had an action scene with Skye that in 20 seconds or so justifies why they should give her her own movie.

My understanding of this stuff is that it's not Disney or Marvel's doing (at least not directly) but the licensees. So any time you see a shirt like this (http://www.buzzfeed.com/iramadison/do-you-notice-anything-wrong-with-this-star-wars-t-shirt#.ctlZaYnry), it's Target's doing. And every time you see a character omitted from the toy packaging (or the toy lineup entirely), that's the toy company's choice to focus marketing for what they think belongs in a section that says "Boys' Toys" on the endcap

So really, Scarlett can and should sue just about everyone :)

I guess toy makers, in their infinite wisdom, have exhaustively researched and finally proven the tired notion beyond a doubt that little boys are completely incapable of imagination when it comes to girl characters.

Hell, even G.I. Joe had a toy for Scarlett. ;)

1982 is so far ahead of 2015 at this point!

GI_Joe_Counter_Intelligence_Scarlett.jpg

Are we still talking Sony's Spiderman here and not something some other company is planning in the future?

See here

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24655&p=1093507

He could also have read the article, where it's clearly mentioned what they're talking about...

I see the word "reboot" and that's all it takes for me. "Too soon" just doesn't seem to matter anymore.