Fox's Marvel Universe (X-Men, Legion, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, etc)

Jay

The Fox Cinematic Universe interests me a lot more than the MCU.

Really? With an aging and end-of-an-era X-Men series, a F4 movie that looks like garbage, not to mention the production issues, and a R-rated franchise with no hope of connecting to the other ones since its star doesn't seem interesting in making a career out of superhero movies?

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Fox Cinematic Universe interests me a lot more than the MCU.

Really? With an aging and end-of-an-era X-Men series, a F4 movie that looks like garbage, not to mention the production issues, and a R-rated franchise with no hope of connecting to the other ones since its star doesn't seem interesting in making a career out of superhero movies?

Even when you put it like this... yes.

I might rewatch the first Iron Man film but I have no desire to rewatch any of the other MCU films. I will, however, rewatch X-Men, X-2, First Class, and Days of Future Past many times. I will never watch Ant-Man. I'll give whatever Spidey is in a go because it's Spidey. I am really sick of Captain America. Such a boring character for me.

I think the new Jean, Cyclopes, and Storm allow the X-Men films to continue beyond Apocalypse.

Deadpool looks like it'll be a lot of fun, I'm not too worried if the connections to the other stuff are particularly strong.

Fantastic 4 looks a lot more interesting having seen the trailers.

It looks terrible. And it's Ant-Man who I already know is super lame (lame name aside).

It screams "We can't use some of our most popular characters... so here's this guy we can use!"

You know, for Ryan Reynolds not wanting to make a career out of superhero movies, you could've fooled me, considering the Deadpool standalone will be his third.

I should have known that because I read the Blade 3 synopsis awhile back, though I never watched any of them. I humbly sit corrected.

That's as many superhero movies as, say, Christopher Reeve, who certainly isn't remembered for The Aviator and that one with Jane Seymour.

Surely with CGI they could remove the need for paint and just have her in her human appearance for most of the films. If she doesn't want to come back it's because of money.

Surely with CGI they could remove the need for paint and just have her in her human appearance for most of the films.

Indeed. They could just shoot the scenes with her naked, and add the blue skin in post-prod.

I have to agree with Alex though that Lawrence is miscast in the role. She doesnt look quite right for some reason. And her performance seems ratyher muted.

Rebecca Romein totally owned the role, not only looking better somehow, but far more menacing in her movements.

Surely with CGI they could remove the need for paint and just have her in her human appearance for most of the films.

Indeed. They could just shoot the scenes with her naked, and add the blue skin in post-prod.

Can't she just wear one of those Gollum suits with all the pingpong balls?

Some clips from the Fantastic Four soundtrack: http://www.juno.co.uk/products/marco-beltrami-philip-glass-fantastic-four-soundtrack/581330-01/

Sounds pretty cool upon first listen! Beltrami & Glass's musical sensibilities seem to blend well. Some cues have an almost Elfman-esque quality to them.

The article mentions trying to get Lawrence and Hoult to sign on for more too

I wonder how Famke Janssen, James Marsden, Rebecca Romijn, and Anna Paquin feel right now

It seems like a trend now: release films shittier than the previous ones to make the previous ones look good.

Right now, this Fantastic Four film looks awful, but then, later, many years from now, they'll release another, shittier one, and the 2015 version will look great to us!

Or Marvel will point and laugh, while Disney gets the checkbook out and buys the film rights back, at a reduced price.

Before I forget. Deadpool trailer time.

It's the same as what was seen at San Diego but it's nice to have it in better quality.

It's the same as what was seen at San Diego

Actually, it's a wee bit different. For example, the Stan Lee cameo was in the San Diego version, but not in this one. There a few other little bits missing.