Hans Zimmer started on INTERSTELLAR

publicist

• 4 months later...

Apparently Hans has brought on one Olivia Safe to perform on the score, according to her Twitter. A glance at the little bit of information available about her shows that she's pretty diverse - ranging from operatic coloratura soprano stuff to pop collaborations, so who knows how he'll be using her.

• 7 months later...

Seems that the score won't be released until a few days after the film premieres.

It'll be interesting. This will be one of the first films I go into without having heard at least samples of the score ever since I started paying serious attention to film music. I assume it's the same for many of you.

I assume it's the same for many of you.

Why in the world would you assume that?

Anyways, the score will be all over the internet weeks before the physical CDs are in stores.

We should assemble all the disappointment in this forum into one epic thread. It will be the perfect embodiment of all that is JWFan.

Thought it'd probably mostly consist of Steef's sighs.

We should assemble all the disappointment in this forum into one epic thread. It will be the perfect embodiment of all that is JWFan.

Thought it'd probably mostly consist of Steef's sighs.

Frankly it's just getting old. I guess if you're like most denizens here and aren't enthusiastic about much of anything (or, inexplicably, exclusively unremarkable crap) it's easy to blend in with the perpetually bitchy background. But it gets seriously grating when you actively try to look forward to something. You notice how much everyone loves wallowing in their own shit.

I think I need a ban-vacation.

It's a psychological thing. We like to wallow in the negative than accept the positives; the temptation is just greater, and I'm certainly not exempting myself from that kind of behavior.

But if it's any consolation, I'm really looking forward to this film. I didn't read any of the pages you shared, but I saw some the pics and quotes, and this thing feels really massive. At first I wasn't too sure how it'd play out with so much of the trailers depicting just the crisis on Earth, but with a potential 169 running time, I'm thinking Nolan is seriously going to delivery, and hopefully leaning more on the visual aesthetic way than the verbal expository route.

The film itself actually sounds interesting and it looks like a great cast. I just can't get excited about a film that's 169 minutes long and features Zimmer... doing whatever it is he does. I'll possibly just wait until it comes out on Blu-ray.

• 2 weeks later...

There's been a possible score-hearing thanks to the exclusive IMAX trailer. It's not confirmed yet but I think it may be the real deal. And if so, I think many of you are going to be very pleasantly surprised.

I've just heard it. I don't how to feel yet. It's feels more melodic than a lot of his recent scores but it has the same "wall of electronic noise" feel that I can't stand.

But then again, these are all assumptions made from a 10 second clip that might not even be from the film.

Oh I really hope it's the real thing. Sounded exactly like what I wanted from Zimmer! Exciting stuff.

Some very cheesy lines in that trailer though...

Oh I really hope it's the real thing. Sounded exactly like what I wanted from Zimmer! Exciting stuff.

There are only three lines from the actual movie....

There are only three lines from the actual movie....

Yes, and those 3 lines were terribly cheesy....