Hook's Theme

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am i the only one who hears the words "paddycake, paddycake, bakerman" when listening to Hook's Theme?

I don't even know what that means. Is it a nursery rhyme of some sort?

Unfortunately Good Musician pointed this out to me a long time ago... and haven't been able to hear the theme the same again since! Thanks GM! :angry:

LOL

It actually does make it a bit more amusing though. I'm sure it was done intentionally to give him a sort of nursery rhyme/childlike feel since he is such a cartooney villain that comes from a story himself, even within the context of the film. But of course Williams is able to interpret it on various levels going from jaunty to even a bit intense and scary whenever he wants. Love it.

The melody of Hook's Theme is taken from one of the songs Williams and Briscusse wrote for the aborted Peter Pan Musical called "Stick With Me". The lyrics of that song would be what words can be "sung along" with the theme, not this paddycake nonsense

The melody of Hook's Theme is taken from one of the songs Williams and Briscusse wrote for the aborted Peter Pan Musical called "Stick With Me". The lyrics of that song would be what words should be "sung along" with the theme, not this paddycake nonsense

Where did you find this information?

Just a theory I have. I could be wrong.

Don't forget the melody that makes up the main theme (aka Wendy's Theme aka The Neverland Theme) can be song along to the song "Childhood" from the aborted Williams/Briscusse musical

I consider that the pirate theme (or it's a secondary Hook theme). The theme I associate more with Hook is the one in Hook-napped on the album. That's a pretty major appearance. You hear it when you first see him in the movie.

You know, when I first heard this theme I thought it sounded familiar somehow, I wonder if that as it.

Just a theory I have. I could be wrong.

Don't forget the melody that makes up the main theme (aka Wendy's Theme aka The Neverland Theme) can be song along to the song "Childhood" from the aborted Williams/Briscusse musical

But how do you know the song names?

The lyrics to "Childhood" were published in a book and John Takis got Demi Fragale to sing them to an edit of "Remembering Childhood", which he recorded.

There's a thread about it here: http://www.jwfan.com...showtopic=17002

And another one here: http://www.jwfan.com...?showtopic=6013

I've been wondering about that recording! Jason...all the more reason you should turn this sites wealth of knowledge into a database instead of a loosely understood knowledge base on the forum ;-)

Also, the theme that Stefancos is talking about is Hook's theme... not the songs you were talking about. The two songs you were talking about are, yes, from an aborted musical that Williams and Leslie Briccuse were working on along with Tink's theme if I recall right. But again, what he means is the actual theme for Hook himself.

I hear Paddy-Cake, Paddy-Cake every time I hear it lol... and yes, Sorry Derrick for destroying that for you lol

PS: Couldn't they have found someone else to sing it and mix that aborted song better lol... it's so ear splitting. I had to remix it just so I could listen to it lol Although the editing is top notch. I never noticed until I was remixing it that there was a middle section slowed down slightly to even out the tempo. I couldn't find the ending used so I had to mix the original recording with something to mock the ending.

Sadly, I do not know in what book the lyrics were published :(

John Takis should know, as he is the one who made that recording!