Star Wars Prequel Music Resource (part 2)

John Crichton

The link to the old thread is still in the Forum Express for archival purposes. And as I said, any info that needs to be in this thread can be brought over. If no one wants to copy and paste it just PM me and I'll see if posts are worth moving. ;)

We're just keeping the 100 page rule consistent.

I think we were talking about TPM last and discovering where things go in regards to what we didn't know like the piccolo jabs that begin Crash Landing. I'd love to know where the Tremolo Swell goes because I have a funny feeling it belongs in the Podrace.

the subtitle of this thread is....very misleading. and it does not reflect what we talk here at all :lol:

i suggest erasing it.

Humor...it is a difficult concept. It is not logical.

you know... ist not humor..its blindness.

I read 'Episode II-Attack of the clones tracked cues'.

and i thought it was written because it was the original thread title from old (though i had never read it before today...)

my bad.

Regarding the demo for The Force Unleashed 2, I watched a video of the game play footage and it seemed to have music that we all ready have.

Wojo is right I'll be on top of TFU 2. I'll be getting the PS3 version from Amazon the day of its release. That day I'll be going through the game with just the music going and recording the music as I play. Hopefully it won't be too long before the PS3 and PC rips are available.

I have 25 gigs of my hard drive occupied by TFU1 and I have absolutely no idea which BIK files, if any, contain the music. I know that the PS3 and PC rips of the music are online, but it would be easier for me to extract them myself. I'd imagine that I'd be in the same situation with TFU2.

Anyways, in a week or two I plan to take a virtual trip to Vegas anyways.

I have a bunch of older rips sitting on my hard drive that I forgot why I keep them.

There's about 25 minutes of still unreleased music from RotS...I hope we get a chunk of it with TFU2

Since we have the entirety of the Phantom Menace score, I'm trying to puzzle together the complete cues list. Here is what we have so far (some of it deduced from other confirmed cue numbers:

1m1 Star Wars (Main Title)

1m2 The Arrival

1m3 Gas Leak

1m4 Droid Fight

1m5 Queen Amidala

1m6 The Droid Invasion

1m7 Introducing Jar Jar

3m10 Jabba Introduction

3m11 The Race Begins

4m01 [Title Unknown]

4m02 Anakin Defeats Sebulba

5m01 High Council Meeting

5m02 The Senate

5m03 Anakin's Test

5m04 The Chosen One

5m05 The Chosen One

6m05 Droid Battle

6m06 Up the Wire

6m07 Great Duel

6m07p2 Duel Continues

6M01 - Forest Mist (the cue number is a guess but since it's the first 6M, it seems logical)

I'm told this is the true Gungans March cue but I think that the Gungans March is actually part of "The Armies Face Off", scored as one cue. Jedi Power Battle supports this, as does BF2 (If you louden the beginning of the file featuring the entire second segment you can hear the fading chord from the last part in the opening timpani roll). So I wonder if "Forest Mist" refers to the second half of what we know as "War Plans".

Gave up on doing TPM myself a long time ago, it's soooo complicated. Been relying on other people's updated edits!

RotS is actually fun to do

But it would be so cool if a miracle like HPSS happened and we could toss this thread forever and delete all those game files

Have they even found the missing Sail Barge/Jabba Palace number that they couldn't locate "on time" for the release of the SE soundtracks in 97?

You know what I'm tired of hearing about? The missing Sail Barge source cue. Fuck that cue..just give me all the Prequel music and RotJ in decent sound and I'll be happy

You know what I'm tired of hearing about? The missing Sail Barge source cue. Fuck that cue..just give me all the Prequel music and RotJ in decent sound and I'll be happy

I actually agree. I could give a rats ass about the Sail Barge source cue. Most source music drives me nuts anyways and I always leave them out of my edits.

ggtuck are you sure "Forest Mist" is even a cue? I thought that was something that you made up? The "Gungan March" from the Ultimate Edition is nothing more than the percussion only from the first part of "The Armies Face Off". You can hear those drums in the actual cue itself. The only thing different they did was add that one horn for the film version piece.

are you sure you would be happy? once you had all those cues besides?

and really the sail barge source cue was officially released awhile ago (though partially)

yes,I never cared about that specific cue.

But I've actually read some people saying they would prefer that one cue over all of the unreleased Prequel music

I actually agree. I could give a rats ass about the Sail Barge source cue. Most source music drives me nuts anyways and I always leave them out of my edits.

ggtuck are you sure "Forest Mist" is even a cue? I thought that was something that you made up? The "Gungan March" from the Ultimate Edition is nothing more than the percussion only from the first part of "The Armies Face Off". You can hear those drums in the actual cue itself. The only thing different they did was add that one horn for the film version piece.

'Forest Mist' appears to be the first part of reel 6' including the original 'Gungan March'. It's followed by 'The Armies Face Off'.

yes,I never cared about that specific cue.

But I've actually read some people saying they would prefer that one cue over all of the unreleased Prequel music

Well no, I would rather entire JW scores before single tracks. But I would also rather have the original scores in some kind of Superman The Music style remastering and presentation, than the prequels at all.

cool, that's good enough for ...what? 56 kbps??

i thought you didnt care for the track? and now your saying that the "release" is bad quality?

I thought it was determined that piece came from the actual film stems since it's as long as it appears in the film.

'Forest Mist' appears to be the first part of reel 6' including the original 'Gungan March'. It's followed by 'The Armies Face Off'.

Hmm okay.

:)

I've been thinking more about this...I opened up track 14 of the OST and that piece does in fact go directly into the music for "Activate The Droids" (on the UE). So I wonder if the OST actually has it correct for the spot.

If it does though, I wonder how the hell the first part of "The Armies Face Off" go...

I'm listening to the music during the game play for TFU 2. In quite a few of the places it's nearly identical to the first TFU. Hopefully though it's just this first stage which is Kamino.

I'm certain Forest Mist is a cue, but I've just seen Jim Ware below me say that it is. As for the UE Gungan's March... that's just an insert with reverb over where the real March begins. It's a separate cue, but I still have no idea where it goes. It is heard cleanly, without the single horn blasts (A Ben Burtt addition, I'm sure) on Track 14, whcih brings us to...

I've been thinking more about this...I opened up track 14 of the OST and that piece does in fact go directly into the music for "Activate The Droids" (on the UE). So I wonder if the OST actually has it correct for the spot.

If it does though, I wonder how the hell the first part of "The Armies Face Off" go...

I'm listening to the music during the game play for TFU 2. In quite a few of the places it's nearly identical to the first TFU. Hopefully though it's just this first stage which is Kamino.

Considering the Droid Invasion follows The Armies Face Off, followed by Tentacles, High Council Meeting Alternate, Darth Sidious and then the opening moments of DOTF, I wouldn't put too much stock in the OST's order. As I said I believe this is an insert piece. As to where it is to be inserted, I do not know. One theory of mine is that it preceeds Forest Mist and goes straight after War Plans, so we see the Gungans marching to battle before Sidious receives the news of the army, then Forest Mist kicks in with the Trade Federation Army responding. This theory also says that this is the Forest Mist piece, but I'm absolutely unsure of it.

Definitely from the movie. But I find it hard to believe that missing material doesn't have a backup in some Lucas warehouse. It's got to be out there.

As with the harry potter trailer music, Lucasfilm lent the master tapes of the sail barge source for a TV show or doc about star wars. and there were lost, broken or never returned.

BUt why do they lend Master tapes???

I'm certain Forest Mist is a cue, but I've just seen Jim Ware below me say that it is. As for the UE Gungan's March... that's just an insert with reverb over where the real March begins. It's a separate cue, but I still have no idea where it goes. It is heard cleanly, without the single horn blasts (A Ben Burtt addition, I'm sure) on Track 14, whcih brings us to...

The UE 'Gungans March' is 'Drums Insert' and replaces most of the tail-end of 'Forest Mist' (you can hear the very end of 'Forest Mist' after 'Drums Insert' finishes).

Considering the Droid Invasion follows The Armies Face Off, followed by Tentacles, High Council Meeting Alternate, Darth Sidious and then the opening moments of DOTF, I wouldn't put too much stock in the OST's order. As I said I believe this is an insert piece. As to where it is to be inserted, I do not know. One theory of mine is that it preceeds Forest Mist and goes straight after War Plans, so we see the Gungans marching to battle before Sidious receives the news of the army, then Forest Mist kicks in with the Trade Federation Army responding. This theory also says that this is the Forest Mist piece, but I'm absolutely unsure of it.

The OST does at least put part of 'The Armies Face Off' in the correct place - immediately after 'Drums Insert'. The rest of the cue isn't on the OST, but can be heard (edited) on the UE as 'The Queen and Group Sneak Back Into the Palace'.

Definitely from the movie. But I find it hard to believe that missing material doesn't have a backup in some Lucas warehouse. It's got to be out there.

As with the harry potter trailer music, Lucasfilm lent the master tapes of the sail barge source for a TV show or doc about star wars. and there were lost, broken or never returned.

BUt why do they lend Master tapes???

Well maybe if it couldn't be located on time 16 years ago, they've found it since then. But since they haven't made any changes to the SE soundtracks in those 14 years, it just hasn't surfaced. That's my desperate clingy hope and I'm sticking to it! ;)

The UE 'Gungans March' is 'Drums Insert' and replaces most of the tail-end of 'Forest Mist' (you can hear the very end of 'Forest Mist' after 'Drums Insert' finishes).

That's confusing to say the least...

So the "Drums Insert" would go before "Forest Mist", right after "War Plans" (from the U.E.) as ggtuck suggested?

Damn it we need sheet music for this score.