What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Deadwood is not the prototypical TV westerns Alex and you know it!

It isn't, but it is about of one of the main fundamentals of the Western: the founding of civilization.

Marvel isn't about that at all.

Alex

I agree. Marvel and DC's TV shows are more like those old western shows. The good guys wear a white hat, the bad guys wear a black one. Everything is all very clear cut and consise.

Patatoes and meatloaf television. Like 99% of the format.

I know you were referring to good vs bad, Steef, but let's face it, that's a boyish idea of the Western genre, or like you say, the old TV western shows.

And good vs bad is not typical for the Western genre alone. You can find it in Horror, Crime, sci-fi, Fantasy, ...

I just don't see how superhero comics are the new Western. I do see how they are the new 'Greek mythology'.

But aren't these the same thing?

Karol

But if he doesn't like them, why is he even watching them? Why is publicist watching them?

Karol

Every time Cremers says "I don't like Marvel movies", a superhero dies.

That's pubs.

I just don't see how superhero comics are the new Western. I do see how they are the new 'Greek mythology'.

Karol

I don't know why you say that. Isn't it much more logical that superheroes are modelled after the gods of Greek mythology? Are the similarities not much more clear?

Karol

I don't know why you say that. Isn't it much more logical that superheroes are modelled after the gods of Greek mythology?

They may as well be. But western genre is equally mythologised, at least in its original form. Superhero films replaced westerns as the prime source of entertainment.

Karol

The Marvel/DC movies replaced the Western?!

To me, Westerns are stories about pioneering the world, starting anew and the founding of western civilization. I didn't see that in Avengers. I see gods quibbling about who is the strongest.

Does it matter? Superheroes dominate the theatres as well.

BTW, the police show has always dominated TV. Well, at least, in my lifetime it did.

Superhero Fantasy is conquering TV and the movies because technology is making it possible. What we see in Marvel movies/shows today wasn't possible 15 years ago.

I meant for seasons 5-9. Sure their broadcast aspect ratio is 16:9, but can 35mm capture a 16:9 frame or would it be like Super 35 where they have to crop the image to look wider?

Super 35. See the link in the post right before yours.

After years of being pestered I finally relented and watched The Inbetweeners, the first season. It was just as juvenile as I was expecting it to be (I always thought I'd find it off-putting) and it was bloody hilarious. A very, very funny teenage comedy whose script is so sharp and on the money in its vulgarity that it's like a walk down memory lane.

I meant for seasons 5-9. Sure their broadcast aspect ratio is 16:9, but can 35mm capture a 16:9 frame or would it be like Super 35 where they have to crop the image to look wider?

Super 35. See the link in the post right before yours.

Yeah exactly. The fake widescreen!