Celebrate 36 years of Superman the Movie.

JoeinAR

Superman the Movie was released 36 years ago. It remains the most epic of John Williams scored films. It's an imperfect film but perfect entertainment.

I will give it a listen this afternoon.

I listened to the score last week (FSM complete version) and loved it more than I ever have before. Some great action music in the second half!

Has it only been 35 years? Seems like longer than that. . . .

It's an imperfect film but perfect entertainment..

Beautifully said. And really only marginally dated, even after three and a half decades (mostly in the wardrobe department). It remains my favorite Williams score, mostly for personal reasons—and, well, the fact that it's friggin' awesome.

Well, more then a little marginally dated, to be honest Uni. But still a great film.

Yeah, maybe so . . . but then, so am I, and I don't like to admit that, either. ;)

We watched the first 6, so all the ones made while Peter Sellers was alive from the 60s and 70s.

I dunno if we'll watch the films made in the 80s and 90s or not - the 7th one re-uses footage of Sellers from previous films; The 8th one features some completely new character; and the 9th one features Roberto Benigni as Clouseau's son. I mean, all 3 were directed by Edwards and scored by Mancini but... they just sound like hollow cash grabs....

The original trilogy from the 60s, and sequel trilogy from the 70s, where both great.

This final trilogy though... I dunno!

Avoid any Die Hard film without Bonnie Bedelia, or anything with 3, 4, and 5.

When watching Superman pay close attention to the glorious prologue. Few sequences are made with such love.

I've always enjoyed the Krypton, Smallville, and Fortress of Solitude bits from S:TM (film and score). It's was only the stuff after that that's taken me into my 30s to get into.

And I love Die Hard 1-3. 4 and whatever else don't exist to me.