Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

Yes.

It's an important release, it's Williams and Spielberg's first film together. How anyone can call themselves a true JWFAN and not want this is perplexing. Plus I actually like the music.

Besides HP3 has most of the important cues on the album. And eventually I'm going to run out of room for CDs. ;)

And before anyone starts fussing, I'm not accusing anyone of anything.

Well I want both Sugarland and Harry Potter 3 of course (I mean, I want every note of all of JW's scores, personally). But at least there's a bootleg of the complete HP3 score, not a note of the HP3 sessions have leaked at all, all we have are DVD/blu rips. And I disagree that all the highlights are on the OST, there's some great stuff unreleased!

"All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down."

Yes I can, I have no Morals, I'm dead inside.

But anyhoo enough of that, I'm going to buy some soundtracks today.

What with the recent word that a rerelease is unlikely to happen any time soon, I finally picked up The Reivers. $26 altogether, so not too bad. Now there are only three JW scores that elude me: Jaws 2, The Eiger Sanction, and The Towering Inferno.

What with the recent word that a rerelease is unlikely to happen any time soon, I finally picked up The Reivers. $26 altogether, so not too bad. Now there are only three JW scores that elude me: Jaws 2, The Eiger Sanction, and The Towering Inferno.

I have 5 scores on my list: The Eiger Sanction, Earthquake, The Reivers and The Cowboys and of course the Towering Inferno.

Twentieth Century Fox films are the easiest to license

Thank god for small mercies. :)

The fact that Towering Inferno hasn't been redone yet, to me indicates they are searching for more and better source materials. Hopefully a release can be made with no damaged cues.

I need The Towering Inferno, Jaws 2, The Eiger Sanction, The Reivers, and Fitzwilly. I think that's all I'm missing.

I wonder if Fitzwilly has any chance of being re-released any time soon?

Oh yea, I need Fitzwilly soon.

I'm sure Fitzwilly is easy enough to license, the problem is that it's so short, it should probably be paired with something. Luckily The Long Goodbye, which Varese paired Fitzwilly with, was able to be expanded to full album length, but I don't think enough music was even recorded for Fitzwilly for that (the Varese CD might already be complete?)

I have 5 scores on my list: The Eiger Sanction, Earthquake, The Reivers and The Cowboys and of course the Towering Inferno.

Earthquake, The Towering Inferno, Stanley & Iris and an original copy of JFK.

I'm sure Fitzwilly is easy enough to license, the problem is that it's so short, it should probably be paired with something. Luckily The Long Goodbye, which Varese paired Fitzwilly with, was able to be expanded to full album length, but I don't think enough music was even recorded for Fitzwilly for that (the Varese CD might already be complete?)

Several artists have recorded Make Me Rainbows, so they could couple those with the score. Probably impossible to licence though.

JFK isn't hard to find, is it?

Not really, but with everything getting a remastered expansion these days, I'm waiting for that.

The only ones missing from my collection are: the complete version of Into Darkness and Nemesis.

Karol - looking impatiently at Robert Townson and clearing his throat

Due to dumb luck, I noticed that Intrada's BSG Volume 1 is just a few weeks away from going OOP, so I decided to buy it now while I still can. I wish there were still copies of Volume 2 so I could snatch that up, too, but that ship has long since sailed.

The discussion on the missing JW scores our respective collections prompted me to add these long overdue discs to my collection:

The Reivers

The Cowboys

Hows the performance? The Graunke doesn't exactly have a great reputation.

I mean they were replaced by the NPO twice (Superman 4 and Total Recall) because they weren't able to play the music.

Being replaced for not being able to play Total Recall in the short time you get for recording a film score doesn't exactly constitute a bad orchestra though.

I had a $50 giftcard to Amazon to use, so I got the following:

Williams: Flute and Violin Concerto (Leonard Slatkin, LSO)

Williams: Clarinet Concerto (LA Phil, Michele Zukovsky)

Williams: American Collection Theme

Tchaikovsky: Symphonies 4-6 (Karajan, Berlin Philharmonic)

Bernstein: Jeremiah Symphony (NY Phil)

Bernstein: Selections from Trouble in Tahiti (NY Phil)

Glinka: "Overture to Russlan and Lumida" (Erich Kunzel, Cincinatti Pops)

Mussogorsky: Night on Bald Mountain (Leonard Bernstein, NY Phil)

Khachaturian: Spartacus Suite No 1: Adagio (Vienna Philharmonic)

Shostakovich: 2nd Piano Concerto (Leonard Bernstein, NY Phil)

and "Disney at the Movies."

I still have 11.72 left, trying to decide what to get.

All mp3's except the Tchaikovsky and JW's flute concerto!

I was also lucky to find the Varese release of the Violin and Flute Concerto in a CD store a few years ago here in Helsinki. Needless to say I was pretty happy about that. :)