Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

so bloodboal, I take it you don't want a case? I mean... you'd have to reveal your name... AND your location.

or perhaps you're ready for that?

I can make my own case, thank you very much.

I knew you would say something like that! tsk tsk, so predictable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I decided to fill a few important gaps in my collection, things I wanted for some time now, but never ordered (for whatever reason). Coincidentally, all the films were released in 1985, the year I was born. Which is something I noticed after placing the order from Intrada.

BacktotheFuture600.jpg

FirstBlood10.jpg

Silverado.jpg

Karol

Bought John Williams Filmworks on Amazon for 1p. Thought it'd make a decent car cd.

That is a great compilation Lee. You won't regret getting it (especially at that price). :thumbup:

It offers quite a wide range of music from his career but of course it is limited to his Universal titles for the most part. But it is great that it has some of the less known titles like The Eiger Sanction, Dracula, River and Midway on it.

No, that'll just lose him his PayPal guarantees.

I once bought a video card off some guy on eBay for €100. He didn't mail it for weeks, giving different excuses or simply not replying to my messages at all. I filed a complaint with PayPal, after which he finally mailed the video card. It was broken. When I tried to change the PayPal complaint from "not sent" to "defective", it turned out that you can't change the type of complaint. And you also can't close it and open another complaint for the same eBay order. In PayPal's own words, they have to draw the line somewhere. My comment that this left a huge hole for abuse was ignored.

But perhaps they've changed their terms since then.

Ordered the following:

Hercules - Alan Menken

Tarzan - Phil Collins

Hairspray (film score)

Impresario/The Beneficient Dervish - Mozart

Goodbye, Mr. Chips - Leslie Bricuse, John Williams

51sFoHcnt8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(been meaning to get this for a while, finally ordered largely because of some of the recent comments about the Memoirs of a Geisha suite)

I'm listening to The Five Sacred Trees right now, I'm not really familar with Williams' concert work, so this is new territory for me.

51phPIokMYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Another Gerhardt crossed off the list; this disc tends to get mixed reviews, from what I've seen (James Southhall's fervent recommendation seems to be an exception), I'm curious to judge for myself.

41XDK1D7NJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

My second Gordon (already have Moby Dick), I'm begining to think this guy can do no wrong. What else of his do I need?

• 3 weeks later...

On a trip to the few local CD stores still in existence here in Helsinki I made a delightful find in the used CDs bin:

et.jpg

The original soundtrack album of E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, which I have been wanting for ages and for only 4,5€ :)

Indeed. I just took a listen to it again this morning and it is more of a concept album on the themes found in the film than a collection of cues from the film. And it really makes for a great listening experience. :)

• 3 weeks later...

24452.JPG17935.gif23639.jpg

I felt it was time to clear a few titles off my SAE wish list and discovered that GDM is reissuing a remastered Django. Needless to say, I immediately placed an order. I had the older expanded edition on my list for years, it was $38. Now $22 with better sound!

Picked up John Powell's Robots and the No Alternative compilation when I found them for $2 each at the local Savers

• 2 weeks later...

Finally decided to start my Christopher Gunning collection. :)

510TD2MEZGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

619ISF7wqML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Also I decided to delve deeper into the lesser known early Williams and ordered

Jericho/Ghost Breaker

and

Diamond Head / Gone With the Wave

plus finally completed my John Williams 1990's discography with

Stanley & Iris

• 2 weeks later...

Nightwatch/Killer by Night - Johnny Williams/Quincy Jones

Not With My Wife You Don't! Volume 2 - Johnny Williams

Diamond Head/Gone With the Wave - Johnny Williams/Lalo Schrifrin

Mass - Leonard Bernstein

Bernstein with the NY Phil (WSS Symphonic Dances, Candide Overture, On the Town, Fancy Free, On the Waterfront Suite)

Heidi - John Williams

They've all arrived, except Heidi of course. So far I'm really digging Bernstein's Mass.

• 2 weeks later...

My LLL order of Rosewood, First Knight, Bad Girls, and Greystoke arrived yesterday;

My MM order of Heidi, In Country, and The Witches of Eastwick shipped yesterday;

And today I am figuring out a third title to order from MM along with King Kong and Logan's Run since those two FSM titles are going OOP soon