GAME OF THRONES

SF1_freeze

• 2 weeks later...

What a nice little commercial for Ireland, the apparent film capital of Europe.

Yeah I noticed. Beric Dondarrion, the baddest badass ever to walk on the shores of Westeros (sharing this title withTywin for the win!) is finally appearing in the 3rd season! And I like all the new faces who have been cast and I am sure they will do a great job.

He must be pretty crazy about GoT when he is humming the series theme while traveling to Ireland and thinking only that they are shooting it there and nothing about Ireland itself.

Well there is the wonderful Irish culture in Ireland, the aforementioned whisky for drinkers, the grass and stones, ruins and stone fences for history buffs and I am sure Ireland has something famous besides shamrocks and leprechauns. It has to have something more.

• 4 weeks later...

Guess I should have seen that one coming. I'd like to see how Hinds handles the character. He's not exactly how I imagined Rayder would appear to be, but I'm sure he'll do a great job.

Pretty surprising casting in my opinion but he is a terrific actor and I am interested to see how he creates this character, the King Beyond the Wall.

He'll do great, I'm certain of it. He's got a good face and voice for this sort of thing.

You mean slightly rugged and worn? Perhaps even ordinary but charismatic just the same? Martin just revels in the ordinary, ugly and uncomely alongside his fairer characters.

I've always loved Ciaran Hinds. Especially in stuff like Rome.

Yes his Caesar was a great take on the legendary historical figure and he has been pretty impressive in almost everything I have seen him in.

He'll do great, I'm certain of it. He's got a good face and voice for this sort of thing.

You mean slightly rugged and worn? Perhaps even ordinary but charismatic just the same? Martin just revels in the ordinary, ugly and uncomely alongside his fairer characters.

And he demonstrated under played wisdom and humanity very well in Munich.

I've always loved Ciaran Hinds. Especially in stuff like Rome.

Yes his Caesar was a great take on the legendary historical figure and he has been pretty impressive in almost everything I have seen him in.

I was amused to see both Hinds and James Purefoy side-by-side in John Carter. It was like Caesar and Antony got stranded on the wrong planet. A shame the movie never made much use of such great talents.

The plan was to give Purefoy a bigger role when they adapted ideas from the following books.

Polly Walker was also in the film btw

Yeah I found it funny how John Carter was a regular Rome main cast reunion. :P

Well certainly fresh new faces and I can see these two pulling off their respective roles. Let's hope they deliver.

Well if you have been able to watch all the gratuitous sex and nudity in the show, two actors playing lovers might not be too much for you to handle BloodBoal, even though you know they might be together in real life. Or is it? :o

I just started the book, and I think I'm done with Danys' introduction paragraph. I AIN'T GOT ONE IDEA WHO'S WHO OR WHAT THE FUDGEPOP IS GOING ON!

So you don't like being dropped into a world without an all-knowing narrator? Try Steven Erikson's EPIC fantasy series Malazan Book of the Fallen and then come back to tell me Song of Ice and Fire is confusing.

All sorts of cinematic openings eh? I guess each episode will open with a new sex scene for each character. Just imagine the possibilities!

• 2 weeks later...