Intrada releases Cinderella Liberty

fommes

I haven't decided, I bought an unopened LP years ago and made a great sounding CDR of that. I also never listen to it, so I don't know if $20 is worth the slight upgrade.

I hate when Jaws is referred to as a disaster movie.

Jaws is a disaster movie only if it doesn't make money. Then it's a disaster.

True, but I'd rather have something than nothing at all.

Thumbs up to Intrada for releasing this.

Where **** is that long, closing sax-driven cue??? Damn... what a waste. I'm definitelly not ordering it, if it isn't there. :|

If you're referring to the long version of Nice To Be Around that appears as the last track on the, erm, 'unofficial' CD (which of course I do not have) where the score was paired with The Reivers, I believe that was a cover version taken from Fred Karlin's album of jazz film music released by Varese Sarabande (?) in the 1990s. One of many plus points about this new official release is that it also looks like it includes the three song tracks omitted from the unofficial CD version, as well as the other tracks available on the original LP.

Where **** is that long, closing sax-driven cue??? Damn... what a waste. I'm definitelly not ordering it, if it isn't there. :|

If you're referring to the long version of Nice To Be Around that appears as the last track on the, erm, 'unofficial' CD (which of course I do not have) where the score was paired with The Reivers, I believe that was a cover version taken from Fred Karlin's album of jazz film music released by Varese Sarabande (?) in the 1990s. One of many plus points about this new official release is that it also looks like it includes the three song tracks omitted from the unofficial CD version, as well as the other tracks available on the original LP.

I don't know... This way or another, this was the highlight of the score and without it it's not worth the price for me... :lol: It's like releasing the Superman score without the Love Theme. I'm sad, moreover, I spotted the bootleg today on an auction and decided not to buy it, in order to buy the original release. Afterall, I am not going to buy the original and the bootleg is no longer there. No (too old-fashioned) song will compensate me this.

Ordered. I love this score. It has such a sassy, laid back sound. I have a lovely crackly old LP of this which I lovingly transferred to CD about 15 years ago. It'll be good to get a clean copy.

I ordered it despite that I don' t like this score and still think it's one of Williams least listeneable and that I hate something better can't be released instead

Sounds interesting; ordered.

I had never heard a single note of it before; I have never seen the movie.

The other release, Fielding's Scorpio, is sold out at Intrada and SAE. Glad I picked it up. My first Fielding album.

I passed on Scorpio, I like Fielding but I've got too much music as it is so sacrifices have to made.

I ordered it despite that I don' t like this score and still think it's one of Williams least listeneable and that I hate something better can't be released instead

In time Mark. Not many JW scores are in need of releases. All of them will get 1 eventually.

I'm going to have to pass as well. I've finally got some "play" money to spend and ordered some stuff yesterday but it's stuff I've been waiting a year or more to get.

Where **** is that long, closing sax-driven cue??? Damn... what a waste. I'm definitelly not ordering it, if it isn't there. :(

I don't know... This way or another, this was the highlight of the score and without it it's not worth the price for me... :( It's like releasing the Superman score without the Love Theme. I'm sad, moreover, I spotted the bootleg today on an auction and decided not to buy it, in order to buy the original release. Afterall, I am not going to buy the original and the bootleg is no longer there. No (too old-fashioned) song will compensate me this.

The Fred Karlin version is still available separately on this CD. Problem solved, perhaps?

:P

Mine too... Now when is Varese going to ship my Bernstein box? Bah!

Varese began shipping last week.

Well since the 4th was a federal holiday and no mail went that day I would guess you might see it by the end of the week since it had to go from coast to coast.

Mine was shipped on the 2nd.