Intrada releases Cinderella Liberty

fommes

My order was fulfilled on the third of July (sounds like a prequel!) and I received my CD this morning in London. Intrada, USPS and Royal Mail must have known how much I like this score to get it to me that quickly. The postman even bothered to push the parcel through my letterbox rather than chucking it on the doorstep in full view of passing strangers like he/she usually does.

I am very pleased to finally have the three songs, having only ever heard them once on the radio and on my only viewing of the movie a few years ago. If anything, Paul Williams's rather quirky voice adds to the songs' charm. Another nice job from Intrada.

:)

That's because you don't even consider it a JW score. Cinderella Liberty is something I once put in my top 5 JW scores. I only have 4 definite top favorites, and then one spot to change it up when I please.

• 7 years later...

Wasn't there an iso score on the Blu?

There is no Bluray of this film.

The iso score was on the DVD.

The thing I don't understand is, why they haven't released it as a cd and released only the album, since the tracks exist.

Oh well, maybe it says so in the liner notes? I don't remember.

The thing I don't understand is, why they haven't released it as a cd and released only the album, since the tracks exist.

Well, you could say the same thing about THE KILLERS, which also had an iso score (at least the old DVD did, I'm not sure about the Blu -- I think it has a sound effects/music combo track?). Still no official release of that.

Well, you could say the same thing about THE KILLERS, which also had an iso score (at least the old DVD did, I'm not sure about the Blu -- I think it has a sound effects/music combo track?). Still no official release of that.

Right, the Killers is music and SFX.

I played the DVD of Cinderella Liberty, it said in the special features music and SFX track again, but checking some cues, they didn't have SFX.

Stumbled over this version of the awesome funk track "New Shooter" on YT:

Is this the film version? It's quite different from the album version. It has more wacka-wacka rhythm guitar.

But surely, you wouldn't want that version, right? The album presentation was perfect.

It is, but for an independent source cue like this, a different take is interesting. So more for curiousity's sake. I wouldn't need it on an album; it was just interesting stumbling over it.

Right, the Killers is music and SFX.

I played the DVD of Cinderella Liberty, it said in the special features music and SFX track again, but checking some cues, they didn't have SFX.

Yes, I think the DVD iso was used as source for the bootleg that floats around.

I seem to remember Douglass Fake saying that he thought the album presentation was best and the original film recording didn't present anything substantial of being released, so they opted to sub-license the OST album from 20th Century Fox to release a remastered version.

I seem to remember Douglass Fake saying that he thought the album presentation was best and the original film recording didn't present anything substantial of being released, so they opted to sub-license the OST album from 20th Century Fox to release a remastered version.

I'm very glad they did.

I'm very glad they did.

You should think of film music preservation Thor! If they had indeed done a complete release, they would have efficiently saved the music for the future. Now who knows where the tapes are.

But should we sacrifice the quality of the album presentation for archival purposes, Inky? Is that the right thing to do? What does your heart tell you?

YES.

But should we sacrifice the quality of the album presentation for archival purposes, Inky? Is that the right thing to do? What does your heart tell you?

If they presented both the album presentation and the complete original recordings, what would be the problem?

You should think of film music preservation Thor! If they had indeed done a complete release, they would have efficiently saved the music for the future. Now who knows where the tapes are.

Sorry, I'm not into soundtracks for archeological purposes. Not saying preservation isn't important, but even more important is that we have a nice soundtrack album and that the film is available in a good format (with the music within).