"John Williams is an ***hole", apparently

Quintus

But that greasy fat smartarsed beaut evidently thinks John Williams goes everywhere performing Star Wars for entitled twats like him.

Fuck I'd love to hear that in a Northern accent!

WHATSAPP

The love innuendo triangle hits again I guess. But it is losing the innuendo part. Oiling men and videoing them is pretty graphic and not at all innuendoish.

Now you sound like tabloid press Lee! I was more against the innuendoless innuendo.

But I can see the headlines:

"Inky claims innocence: I was merely battling against public MB indecency. Think about it people. Oiling and videotapes".

"Public Outrage: Incanus is a bigot and a hooligan"

"Inky's possible connections to the JW bashing Youtube video under scrutiny"

"Bloodboal testifies: Inky is a dirty damn liar and a LotR fan to boot!"

"Why did you testify BloodBoal? asks the public. "You didn't have anything to do with this case."

"I felt like it and I think it was for good here as I mean well" opens up BloodBoal to the public in a candid letter."

"Inky accused, tried and convicted"

"Inky still proclaims his innocence "This is not what I wanted! I want a retrial. Quint and BloodBoal rigged the jury.""

• 3 years later...

The guys whining in this video are like my dad, who coincidentally can be whiny too on the subject. If it aint the main theme once over, fuck John Williams and the rest of the score...

I'm so disgusted by some of the lies and vitriol against our forum's namesake in this thread. Absolutely disgusted. If you don't LIKE John, you can GET out.

I too am still in deep state of indignation over this. Indignant and sad.

Ride out to meet them of course! Head on in a battle! Let me find out their addresses!

gandy1.jpg

Meet me at the top of the ridge at the dawning of the fifth day!

BigNickDoS04-1024x412.jpg

I thought we specifically agreed not to play Star Wars music when we descend on these JW hating heathens, just to spite them more!

The point of going to a concert is first and foremost to listen to music...so, if they play a piece of music you don't recognize, just listen to it and enjoy it. Sure, they didn't play Jaws, but you can't have everything. At the end of the day it's a 3 hour JW concert w/ 4 encores. I would love to have the opportunity to see something like this.

Btw can we confirm that JW himself organised the programme of this concert? Is this JW fan spewing vitriol at the right person? Actually, I have a feeling he isn't being completely serious!

EDIT: So after a bit of searching around it turns out that they played E.T., Superman, Star Wars title, Imperial March and Yoda's Theme as well. Disappointment? Ha. ha.

I would've inserted the Trumpet Concerto in there as well, but with no introduction. Imagine the audience trying to guess from which film the music came from for 20 minutes...

Hearing his lesser known scores and even themes and pieces from his most well-known films that are just not heard much is heaven to me. I've been to so many film score concerts that it is impossible to count, and even though it's always a pleasure to hear a live orchestra play the 'classics' as you would say, I love hearing the smaller and even just less well-known stuff. It took me 12 John Williams related concerts until I heard a suite from The Terminal (One of my very favourites of his). Hearing the typical Jaws main theme is always fun, but hearing the 'Catamaran Race' from Jaws 2 last year at a JW concert was heavenly.

I would give anything to see him Conduct his music and of course meet him, which I tried with Boston this year and lost money having to cancel my plans (as I live in England), but I don't harbour bad thoughts for him for cancelling, I was very sad, but I have basically resigned myself to Williams being that one Composer that I adore that I just will never see in person. So, rather fittingly, he will always remain this unreachable, untouchable god-like figure to me.